Reviews for Five in One
Grumpy Old Snake chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
It's amazing how different a point of view can make you feel about the same event.
Premise Oh Sum chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
That is so amazing, you have this ability to just turn over the story we know and make it sounds like this character, this vampire, is truly a monster. That is something we forgot watching the show, and that perspective gave me a lot to think about Spike and his way to redemption.

Thanks for that fic.
redsatindoll chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
I'll just point to ladymirth's comment and say "Ditto" to every word of it. I love the late seasons but I was totally unprepared for the whitewashing Spike gets in certain corners of fandom. (Or for that matter, the whitewashing Angel gets from other fans, but this seems to be the typical pattern with beloved male characters who also do awful things or make mistakes. Even Xander. And it's a lenience not allowed to female characters, in any fandom.)
ladymirth chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
I love Spike and Spuffy is my OTP, but I want to show this fic to those fans who think Spike doesn't need to be redeemed to be with Buffy, or that he doesn't need a soul, or that Spike's crippling guilt in the wake of regaining his soul was "boring".

He's a rapist and murderer and he ripped apart thousands of families as well as their hopes and dreams with each person he killed. And I DON'T think "he was just doing what a vampire does" is reason enough to overlook that, or overlook what an enormous betrayal of her calling it was for Buffy to take up with him like that when he was soulless (even if I completely understand how she would, what with her depression).
lyin chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
this was absolutely, utterly chilling, as well as the only piece of fanfiction like this I've read Spike is such a likeable, entertaining character, it can seem easy to dismiss his ridiculously long track record of murder... and then you give them faces and names and hopes and dreams, make people out of numbers, and he's suddenly a lot harder to like (and only possible to really forgive with the soul, when he's guilty and also William and not entirely culpable...) great job writing.
babelfisz chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
A while back somebody recommended your story on a forum. I know it must be crazy, getting a review after four years, but it would be a shame to pass, because it's a good story. It's dark and disturbing and I really liked how you built it around the characters who only get a passing mention in the show. The ending of the first section was especially dramatic, with the man so happy to see Spike and Dru, thinking they were a sign of good luck. I'll definitely read your other stories.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Loved this.
River chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Just - thank you. Because even when they tried, even when they showed us it *was* all horrible - not just a joke, not a horror story for a little girl, not a vague memory - they couldn't really show it, not like this. Maybe it's because of the medium, maybe it's because they were telling someone else's story. Thank you for writing this.
Katta chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Got here through all the links, and wow, that's a really powerful story. I love seeing these throwaway lines turned into something more, and of course Robin & co there at the end.
Rivkat chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Whoa. This is an impressive look at a tiny bit of the damage Spike did. As much as I enjoyed the character, it's a useful reminder of what has to get deliberately ignored in order to make him into a good guy.
lilyoftheval5 chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I'm utterly impressed. To create stories, so many of them, for those quotes...

Bravo!
Thucydides chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Beautiful, touching, utterly cruel. I really like your style of writing. You do better at fleshing out the Buffyverse then any other fanfiction writer I've seen. Amazing job here, giving all of these alluded to incidents a name and a story. Building a tragedy from a single thrown-away line. Congradulations.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
This is really well written. The perspective of the victim increases our empathy for them while alienating Spike. You've captured the hedonistic violence of Spikes life. Good job. I also like that you've used incidents mentioned in the show. Gives the story more authority.
Sheila51 chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
Very dark and very interesting. Can't say I 'enjoyed' it, but it was very well written.