Reviews for Reckoning
DecksLeGeNd chapter 1 . 2/14
Such an excellent and chilling story! Only 30 favs?! Honestly! So underrated. This deserves way more recognition and appreciation than its received!
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Intriguing look into Sakumo's psyche. And the destinies of Jiraiya and Orochimaru.
Eldr-Fire chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Ah, loved it.
theREvamped chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
It highlights the cruelties of war extremely well...and you can really feel the bond between Jirayia and Sakumo, and how they're both being changed by this war...but I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel or whatever you'd want to call it. Hope. It all seems hopeless - even Orochimaru's help seems more of a curse than hope. If that was the intent, bravo, you did your job well.
scrutinize chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
oh my, absolutely stunning.

keep up the good work
Livewire chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Wow. That just puts a whole new feel to the idea of a ninja battle. Bringing in some of the feel of a real battle worn troupe, but still being ninja as the same time. I feel so sorry for Sakumo!

Really great job on this one and all your stories you have posted. I hope RL allows you to continue posting even if it's just now and then.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
This was great, in a chilling way. War is such a horrible thing, and you captured its pain and harsh decisions perfectly. I really enjoyed reading this.
Nezuko chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
That was really heartbreaking and very palpably real. Seeing those horrid choices, and the courage it takes to make them, was something you brought to light with your skillful writing. And it was really a treat to see Sakumo and Jiriya as younger men, to see the world before Orochimaru betrayed his village and Sakumo's courage failed him.

You may want to consider a little tighter proofreading - there were a few typos. I'll volunteer for proofreader for you, should you so desire.

Anyway, I loved it!

Nezu
inquisitive chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
amazing...you are gifted...
sna chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
BITE! WOW! This was fantastic! I love Sakumo, I love Jiraiya, I even love your third-hand glimpses of Orochimaru & Tsunade and most of all I adore the imagery and visual themes you kept up in this piece. It's just... just... oh! Shiney!

Best lines? My fave had to be these two:

"‘I know,’ Jiraiya admitted; his eyes solemn. His grin, when it eventually came, was all fire. ‘But we can try.’"

- I mean, how perfectly, utterly, completely JIRAIYA can you get! *bows to bite in this respect especially*

and this one:

"‘It’s pretty,’ breathed Sakumo, and he meant it. The poison drifted wildly upon the air, violet wisps of gas that choked the enemy landscape. The quickest of Orochimaru’s deadly skills, bruise-purple as it seeped across the landscape, like ghostly heather. He'd been right, after all: the fields seemed beautiful from above."

The imagery is just spectacular here. And Sakumo's kind of quirked honesty about how it looks to him is wonderful.

Thanks Bite! Another great fic to treasure!
fukkafyla chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
I love your vocabulary. I love your way with words. I thought you said you had a writer's block?
Dameus chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
Nice, very nice. I love your work. Just wish you would update that huge story of yours, but life must have gotten your typing time.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
I like Sakumo...
wellduh chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
Wow. Obscure character. Awesome. And Jiraiya's here, too!
Mamolove chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
Your newest fic caught my eyes, and I must admit that your style of writing is captivating. The story's pacing and characterisation of 2 mature, legendary commanders in the midst of war, was gritty and engaging. I am really looking forward to this- No pressure of course :), but just best wishes to an author who clearly takes her time to produce quality fics.