Reviews for Lost and Found
dancingfirefly124 chapter 26 . 5/2/2009
An excellent couple of chapters. I really like how real and flawed their first time was, and then how much better the second.
wynnleaf chapter 26 . 5/2/2009
So well done, to go ahead and make this first time quite imperfect and yet they get through it and find their balance in the end. Really, an excellent choice in the writing.

"At least I didn't vomit down your cleavage, or wet myself. And now that I've done the screaming terror and the rolling up into a sobbing pathetic ball and seen that it was all right, that you didn't hurt me and I didn't hurt you, I'm much less likely, I think, to have a similar attack in future."

This struck me as so real - the kind of blunt, straight-forward yet self-deprecating way of describing his own panic attacks.
Mooncat4 chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Oh, that was absolutely lovely! Very nice work, ma'am! Thank you SO much for this labor of love. Much appreciated, Cat
pstibbons chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
best lines:

(prev chap)

"It's only boys with that extra bit of confidence, or that extra lack of brain... You'll notice that Viktor Krum didn't have any qualms about asking you out because even though he's nearly as plain as I am, poor boy, he's famous and also rather older than you, so he felt more confident about it. Bastard-McLaggen felt confident about it because he's a brainless Quidditch-jock who thinks the whole world should fall down and worship him anyway... which, now I come to think about it, was probably how James bloody Potter got the girl. It wasn't just me who fancied Lily - half the school lusted after her from afar - but only Potter had the brass neck actually to say so, and she probably thought he was the only one who wanted her, and the best she could hope for.

(this chap)

Only Minerva can get away with holding me tightly when I'm actually in the throes of a panic-fit - and that's only because she can do The Voice, which reaches straight into my hind-brain and makes me think I'm eleven again, and trying to explain why and how I just hexed the legs off of the staff dining-table in front of the whole school. The words 'Mr Snape - in my office, now' still bring me out in a cold sweat, but at least it gets me babbling excuses instead of whimpering, and once I remember that I can talk it makes things - easier."
MrsHermioneSeverusSnape chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
update soon please
AmanitaMuscaria chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Oh, well done.

Very well done, indeed. No mawkishness, no glossing over the difficulties, no - ok, now you've had sex with me, I'm all alright.

I'm looking forward to reading more.
RebeccaRoy chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Wow, that was very good, it worked out well for them in the end and it looks like they will have a lot more practice in the future. Now to get rid of snake-face and Co and we should be just fine!
duj chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Healing comes slowly and with many backward jerks, but it does come. Sometimes love isn't enough; patience, perseverance, good humour and flexibility help fill in the gaps.

I certainly agree with him about the Weasley twins - "whole in mind" is not how I'd ever describe them. They are clever enough and enterprising, but not completely sane (or ethical or kind...)

It was good to see him metaphorically "returning to the saddle after taking a toss". I've read that "Throw your heart over" is what beginning riders used to be told a long time ago, and he's done that quite decisively, hasn't he?
ETSrunaol.com chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
The last two chapters were wonderful. I really enjoyed Severus and Albus-and the way Severus was so firm with him-I am going to do this whether you like it or not. You have done a great job of developing Severnus's and Hermione's characters. They are much more fully developed than in canon. Hermione is exceptionally mature, in a way she isn't in the books. She is really remarkable with dealing with Severus too. Not many people would have the patience to deal with his flashbacks.

I hope they spend some time living a little-Hermione goes on to college or her firs job or whatever, and Severus gets a chance to get back into teaching, before they commit to living together. They can get some life experiences and see if their relationship will work. Great job on this story.
Persevero chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Oh, well done! Not just in the yippee-two-chapters sense, but handling that so very well and plausibly. This is so totally my canon Hermione - kind and sensible and bright, and neither too childish or too knowing. And Severus's relationship with Minerva is superb, too. Lovely.
tearsofphoenix chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
"But I thought - well, I expected that with all that - hands-on experience things would be more... um, stretched."

Yes, seemed that he had reached some strenght, lately, so they didn't guess that in him panic would have raised at some point... but of course it would, and we have seen that he is improved but perhaps there will be always something unexpected that will be to Severus the reminder of his terrific experience.

It's beautiful to see that he can stop flinching, for a moment, because she is crying: it is a way to show how he is so deeply unselfish: only to see her pain can give him some strenght in fighting his panic.

I love the beginning, where he is managing to do his movements without the prostheses, it is a great moment, I love this choice of him and of the writers.

I love the way it goes, with intimacy but without too much of those details that so often are giving a poor touch to these moments.

And I love the end, that is so nice and natural, as they wished it to be.
trekker2002 chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
A very enjoyable chapter. I'm glad it worked out for them. I loved the idea of Minerva being able to regress him to eleven as well.

I hadn't realised tonight was Walpurgisnacht, and I am in the middle of an essay on Faust as well. Better get on with it.
MollysSister chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
What a pleasant surprise to have 2 updates in as many days! I can be happy now in the wait for another chapter as we have left Hermione and Severus in a good place. And naked. That is always important.
odogoddess chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Oh, poor Severus! Still, you provided plenty of comfort after the hurt (not to mention delicious naughtiness!) and that is my first and foremost tenet of good h/c. Brava!
Sampdoria chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
First of all; thank you for the update! Seccond, I am truly impressed: The whole story is brilliantly written with a great and captivating plot, but the writing of this chapter was close to genious. The way you handled this "delicate" situation and managed to make it both romantic and nerve-wrecking was truly impressive, very well done!
713 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »