Reviews for Lost and Found
AmanitaMuscaria chapter 25 . 4/28/2009
Oh,my - I'm definitely looking forward to Beltane - perhaps not as much as Severus and Hermione, but ...

Have I said that I _really_ like Adrian - he's a great character?

I very much like Severus's confrontation with Albus, but I felt that Hermione's hysteria over exams was a bit too much - she probably would fret, and it segues nicely into their mutual desirability exchange, but I suspect she might keep the exam nerves hidden to preserve the image of them being equals, especially just before Beltane.

I liked the way you portrayed Severus's frustration with his body and prostheses not working smoothly; obviously he's improved hugely, but will never be 100%. I'm looking forward to see ho you will handle that in the future.
mo112 chapter 3 . 4/28/2009
After reading MIA I understand why that story keeps haunting you. And I think it's very gryffindor of you not to accept the give but to try to change fate and simply make it better.
makaem chapter 24 . 4/28/2009
Wonderful. Thanks for the summary in the 2nd chapter. It really helped.
makaem chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I love opening notes explaining everything, so thank you.
notwritten chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
I have enjoyed this interesting reading. Keep smiling. :-)
The Fluffy Ball chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
I wasn't about to review (sorry, I really didn't have anything to say other than "good job!"), but I laughed hard when you mentioned a sonic screwdriver. I just got into Doctor Who a month ago, and am currently writing a DW/HP crossover fic. I even have the rough draft sitting open in another window. Too funny.

I will kiss your feet (figuratively) if you make more references to the show. M, Snape and the 4th Doctor together, yummy.

Good job on the chappie, BTW. There, see? I did review!
FascinatingSnape chapter 3 . 4/27/2009
amazing
squeaker19450 chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
what a great chapter. I loved how firm Severus was with Albus. your ttention to detail is amazing. Looking forward to more.
Doro.neko chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
"I half expect him to produce a sonic screwdriver," Adrian muttered.

At last! My favorite two fandoms UNITE! ;)
Hypnobarb chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
I've so enjoyed the evolution of the relationship between Severus and Hermione. Two utterly insecure people who begin to find security in each other. Though the two of them could be in therapy for years...

I love what you do with magic. Spells that can read you. Spells that are activated just by reading them. Analysis of the relationship between soul and magic. You have a wonderful imagination.
elvishdreams chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
so happy to see an update! :) I can't wait until Beltane (I now have even more reason to be excited!). :)
RebeccaRoy chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
Wow, this was good, I was mentaly ducking when Severus spoke to Dumbledore about his relationship with Hermione. The headmaster was nicer than I expected and Minverva's comment was classic. I am glad to see such an indepth relationship with Severus and Hermione, it's very believable and wonderful. Now to get a hold of Voldy and his minions, and kill them all! After Beltane of course...
Persevero chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
What a wonderful surprise for a Monday morning! This story is still up there in my top handful of favourites (and I'm still in love with Adrian). And my older son will have woken up in a tent in the Derwent Valley this very morning, where he's been doing his Duke of Edinburgh's Award hike - one of those weird coincidences.
tearsofphoenix chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
These chapters are always an engrossing reading, full of wonderful dialogues.. thanks!

And is great to know that the next will be sent so soon :)

Of this chapter I love the way you show Severus young and still in need to be reassured: he *was* really young and he lived those years without having enjoyed anything of the many joys of that age (joys that exist, despite the difficulties of growing adults and make choices and friends).

He is always ready to blame himself, as he does during his meeting with Parvati but then he is able to tell her almost the same words that he will listen from Hermione, about guilts and choices:

" "Miss Patil!" Severus said sternly. "Listen to me. You are right to grieve for your sister, but you mustn't blame yourself because of the bad choices which she made. No-one knows better than I that tee- that young persons may be led astray by Tom Riddle and his hollow promises. Or that the consequences can be - disastrous." "

" Hermione blinked, then pulled him into a tight hug, drawing his head down onto her shoulder and pressing her lips against his hair. "Oh, my love..." she whispered, her eyes filling. It was horrible, yes, but he must not think that anything would ever drive her away, and she wouldn't flinch even for an instant. "How horrible for you... to realize what had happened, to know it was your fault even though it was an accident..." She rocked him a little bit, kissing the top of his head again. "But you can't beat yourself up over what might have happened, we don't know what might have happened..."

and

"you didn't know what was going to happen, and you did try to protect her, so you shouldn't blame yourself too much, either. A little, for the initial poor judgement, but what other people do isn't your fault.""

I love these exchanges, and that with Hermione is one of the favorite moments, especially because it comes after their speeches about a meeting of them during his youth, that is impossible but so beautiful to imagine as here is depicted.

The final lines are touching

"no longer seemed such a terrible thing to be trapped in this body, even as maimed as it was."

He has shown during this chapter, in his meetings with Harry, Dumbledore and the bits with his Slytherins, to go on improving his confidence, (and speaking of meetings that with Luna is, as ever, charming) but these final words show that there aren't words only, there is really a deserved new beginning, no matter how many times he could fall again.
wynnleaf chapter 25 . 4/27/2009
I particularly enjoyed Snape and Dumbledore's conversation. I like your Dumbledore and his mix of caring and willingness to use anything he can to further his goals. I was interested that you had Dumbledore mention his father's death in Azkaban. They are talking of other things and Snape lets it pass, but I'd think he'd consider it later. Dumbledore's childhood was almost as much one of neglect as Snape or Harry - different, but still without a father and a mother who was totally focused on another sybling, as well as the public stigma of a father condemned to Azkaban, not to mention an odd brother and Arianna and whatever her disabilities were.

I've always thought Dumbledore was much more of a Slytherin, but that perhaps he insisted that the Hat sort him differently. He had a lot of ambition and drive to prove himself, so much secrecy, an elitist view of himself, etc., and later developed an extremely manipulative mode of behavior. And if anyone in the series is willing to do anything to reach his ends, Dumbledore is such a one. I don't see that all as negative. In many ways it takes some of that to lead, especially in war and other dangerous times.

It might do Snape some good to know more of Dumbledore's background. I'm curious that Dumbledore, typically so secretive, would mention anything of his past to Snape.
692 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »