Reviews for Lost and Found
Persevero chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Oh, well done! Not just in the yippee-two-chapters sense, but handling that so very well and plausibly. This is so totally my canon Hermione - kind and sensible and bright, and neither too childish or too knowing. And Severus's relationship with Minerva is superb, too. Lovely.
tearsofphoenix chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
"But I thought - well, I expected that with all that - hands-on experience things would be more... um, stretched."

Yes, seemed that he had reached some strenght, lately, so they didn't guess that in him panic would have raised at some point... but of course it would, and we have seen that he is improved but perhaps there will be always something unexpected that will be to Severus the reminder of his terrific experience.

It's beautiful to see that he can stop flinching, for a moment, because she is crying: it is a way to show how he is so deeply unselfish: only to see her pain can give him some strenght in fighting his panic.

I love the beginning, where he is managing to do his movements without the prostheses, it is a great moment, I love this choice of him and of the writers.

I love the way it goes, with intimacy but without too much of those details that so often are giving a poor touch to these moments.

And I love the end, that is so nice and natural, as they wished it to be.
trekker2002 chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
A very enjoyable chapter. I'm glad it worked out for them. I loved the idea of Minerva being able to regress him to eleven as well.

I hadn't realised tonight was Walpurgisnacht, and I am in the middle of an essay on Faust as well. Better get on with it.
MollysSister chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
What a pleasant surprise to have 2 updates in as many days! I can be happy now in the wait for another chapter as we have left Hermione and Severus in a good place. And naked. That is always important.
odogoddess chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Oh, poor Severus! Still, you provided plenty of comfort after the hurt (not to mention delicious naughtiness!) and that is my first and foremost tenet of good h/c. Brava!
Sampdoria chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
First of all; thank you for the update! Seccond, I am truly impressed: The whole story is brilliantly written with a great and captivating plot, but the writing of this chapter was close to genious. The way you handled this "delicate" situation and managed to make it both romantic and nerve-wrecking was truly impressive, very well done!
magialuna chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Well, I found this story the other day and other than go to work and sleep (and watch that Criminal Minds with Alex O'Laughlin I had been waiting for...) reading this has been my delighted pleasure and only entertainment. It quite captured my interest.

I do find Severus to be OOC from the book and movies - however and BIG however, that Severus had never been through such an enormous and catastrophic trauma. One never knows how a person will respond to something so horrible. This is a very valid interpretation of how he may respond.

Also, I want to thank you for the realism and accuracy of the medical bits. I work in a medical field and find inaccurate medical descriptions to be terribly distracting. However, when they are accurate it lends a realism to the story that is hard to get otherwise. It makes me believe. It also wars with the air of fantasy and magic of HP which also lends realism and grounds the story for me.

The way you described the trauma and PTSD is terribly, brutally real as well. I think this is a major service for so many reasons. Anyone who reads this story will have cause to more truly empathize with a traumatized person. Also victims may *hear* that it is NOT THEIR FAULT in the story where they can't hear it in real life. With the amount of wartime PTSD we have out there now in addition to rape survivors, etc. this is really a big deal... I think one of the most noble things a piece of fiction can do is to teach and or provide a catharsis. This story does so. Some times it is a tiny bit heavy handed but given the extremely difficult subject matter I think that can easily be forgiven.

You are also very gentle with your characters and provide beautiful insight into why they act as they do. You've obviously really thought about why they are who they are and why they do what they do. You cannot know how nice that is compared to the amount of "Oh I think I'll write a story for myself and maybe I'll leave a note telling everyone I don't care if I can spell or use grammar since it's really for me" out there. Why people persist in posting something they insist is 'just for them' is beyond me.

Thank you for an intellectually and emotionally stimulating story which also happens to be very entertaining. I look forward to more.

Clare
Jiapa chapter 26 . 4/30/2009
Lovely update. Thank you!
magialuna chapter 23 . 4/30/2009
You wrote a note in chapter 23 about someone complaining about your detailed author notes.

I was quite surprised when I first saw them, they sort of remind me of professional footnotes in reference books. I wanted to state, as a matter of personal opinion, that I think it is VERY professional and helpful of you to take the amount of extra time you do to create helpful author notes. I do not always read all of them but I do skim them always and have learned some interesting things - as well as gaining insight into why you wrote things in a certain way.

I also would like to add... your notes are a damn site better than those people who choose to either a) answer their reviews in the story which inevitably results in them leaving people out (which I think is rude and hurtful.) It also seem unprofessional to me to the degree some people do it with the chatty personal answers they really should take off line. OR b) the inane idiotic author notes where people insist on pretending they are talking to their characters. One author even wrote an entire chapter recently where she was brought magically to one of her character's after the story to have them complain to her about the story. (I was like, what? If she really thinks she's chatting with this person she's mental.)

So, I quite like your notes and view them as a professional courtesy that you really don't need to provide.

Just my 2 cents,

Clare
mo112 chapter 6 . 4/28/2009
Haven't read all of it and don't know, if you considered..but if not, I'd like to recommend Adrian for the Order of Merlin (First class). Hawkeye Pierce indeed. Thank you!
MollysSister chapter 25 . 4/28/2009
Is Beltane the same as Halloween then? Ugh what a long wait!

"There are some spells which read you back." This is a very freaky thought.
LastScorpion chapter 25 . 4/28/2009
I'm always surprised and pleased when I see that you've updated this again! I'm glad that you're still working on it. I'm still enjoying reading it a lot.
AmanitaMuscaria chapter 25 . 4/28/2009
Oh,my - I'm definitely looking forward to Beltane - perhaps not as much as Severus and Hermione, but ...

Have I said that I _really_ like Adrian - he's a great character?

I very much like Severus's confrontation with Albus, but I felt that Hermione's hysteria over exams was a bit too much - she probably would fret, and it segues nicely into their mutual desirability exchange, but I suspect she might keep the exam nerves hidden to preserve the image of them being equals, especially just before Beltane.

I liked the way you portrayed Severus's frustration with his body and prostheses not working smoothly; obviously he's improved hugely, but will never be 100%. I'm looking forward to see ho you will handle that in the future.
mo112 chapter 3 . 4/28/2009
After reading MIA I understand why that story keeps haunting you. And I think it's very gryffindor of you not to accept the give but to try to change fate and simply make it better.
makaem chapter 24 . 4/28/2009
Wonderful. Thanks for the summary in the 2nd chapter. It really helped.
704 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »