Reviews for Harry Potter and the Hero's Path
ravenhaired88 chapter 23 . 1/12/2014
So did you end up abandoning this fic? That would be sad as I quite enjoy it
Charlie0925 chapter 23 . 12/22/2013
This has been a truly amazing read and I would dearly love to read more! ;o)
twistyguru chapter 23 . 12/22/2013
…and now I've reached the end of this most excellent fic.

Thank you for what you wrote. I can only hope that you're still writing your own work, and that perhaps some day you'll finish this piece.
twistyguru chapter 22 . 12/22/2013
lol over disillusioning himself to prevent Harry getting his pic taken
twistyguru chapter 21 . 12/22/2013
Possibly the best, most logical explanation of the Unforgivables I've ever seen. Once again, kudos to you.
twistyguru chapter 20 . 12/22/2013
Evil, evil Daphne! I really can't see how it's 'robbing the cradle' when Jack's only 16/17 and Daphne's 13/14, if I'm remembering right…but hey, Cedric's a 'Puff. And, like so many others, you've perfectly nailed Ced's character. Hopefully he won't die in the Triwizzer.
twistyguru chapter 19 . 12/22/2013
Ah, finally a foil worthy of Harry! No, I don't count Dumbles; Harry has him pegged exactly-he wants Harry to be who he (Dumbles) thinks Harry should be, not who he is. Once again, Dumbles has been reading (and even worse, believing) his own press releases.

When you get to the point that you actually believe your own press releases, it's time to quit and walk away.

Daphne will make an excellent adversary-smart, ruthless, and of a similar mindset to Harry with years of experience at manipulation to back her up. On the other hand, I can see her spending time with Harry, Jack and Row, and after an initial period of simmering warfare coming to question what she's doing. If she were to fall for Jack (oh the horrors! In love with a MUGGLE!), there would be much angst there…but ultimately a happy ending for Miss Greengrass. And, if she and Jack tied the knot, she could spit in pretty much everyone's face, because Harry Potter and Rowena Thomas (Heir of a Founder) would be FAMILY.

Yeah, that'd make Malfoy pretty much wet his shorts. And, then Daphne could use her Evil Powers for Good, helping Harry fend off both Dark Lords he has to deal with (Voldie AND Dumbles) as well as all of the other pinheads in the wizarding world. *snicker*
twistyguru chapter 18 . 12/22/2013
Excellent chapter, as I've come to expect (really, you do write some great stuff, and I don't say that lightly).

Personally, I wouldn't want to be doused with Hippogriff pheromones. I could tell you the tale of how I discovered that certain plant compounds act as canine pheromones, and how it made the bike ride home from my lab an…interesting…experience, but I think you get the general idea.
twistyguru chapter 14 . 12/21/2013
Kudos to Harry for speaking to Malfoy and the other Slytherins in the only language they can understand.

Boos to Dumbles for being his typical, self-justifying, mealy-mouthed self. BOO! BOO! Once again, any decent Head would have sacked any Professor who participated in a malicious attack on a student. Pathetic!

I'm not yelling at YOU; you're nailed both of these two losers right on the head. Very well written, and perfectly appropriate to the story you're telling.
twistyguru chapter 13 . 12/21/2013
Agree completely with your logic of putting Harry into Slytherin. Nice way that Harry let it 'slip' about being blackmailed by Snape; if Dumbles had a shred of decency in him he'd have sacked the bastard long before Harry ever arrived.

Honestly, keeping a man that toxic on staff? Could Dumbles not have squirreled him away somewhere, or made him a non-teaching potioneer except for NEWT students, or something? Yet another reason to despise Dumbles.

Oh, and I would have turned Hermione's brain into goo, just because I hate her, too.
twistyguru chapter 11 . 12/21/2013
*sigh* While I pretty much hate it, you've nailed canon Remus and Snape exactly. Remus is Dumble's willing pawn, and Snape is just a bastard up, down and sideways. I find myself hoping that Harry will literally rip the flesh from his body-from a justified provocation, to be sure, but still….
Charlie0925 chapter 11 . 12/21/2013
Wow, Snape is such a slimy bastard isn't he! Urgh, I detest that man ..lol
twistyguru chapter 10 . 12/21/2013
*sigh* Yeah, Harry had to eventually get found out, and he certainly wouldn't let Row die.

I have this mental image of Snape and Dumbles trying to drag Harry into the wizarding world, and all hell breaking out as he fights them tooth and nail. That would be a bit hard to hide from the muggles….
twistyguru chapter 9 . 12/21/2013
Great fight scene, even if Harry did look like death warmed over at the end of it (but, it must be said, MUCH better than the other, erm, snake!). So glad he didn't get caught by the Professors, as well. This continues to be such a fun story; I can only hope that someday the Muse will strike you again (since I see it's a story from ages ago).
twistyguru chapter 6 . 12/21/2013
Agree that Harry's trust vault is the only one he has access to at the moment. Typically stoopid Dumbles, sending Snape (of all people) to monitor the barrier. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Seriously, JKR's wizards have ZERO common sense, and Dumbles has got to be either (a) senile or (b) malevolent. There's no other explanation that fits the observed behaviors of the old fool.
3,464 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »