Reviews for Harry Potter and the Hero's Path
iloveMOM1597 chapter 23 . 12/14/2014
I really like your story and I hope you update it!:)
iloveMOM1597 chapter 9 . 12/13/2014
Riddle's diary was not suppose to be able to be destroyed by a slicing charm.
Birds Love Words chapter 23 . 12/9/2014
Brilliant! Lawn chairs forever!
DragonWriter357 chapter 23 . 12/7/2014
Wow, great story. I love your long chapters! Truly I have no idea who Harry will ask to the ball.
I know Harry is very distracted with the tournament and all, but I hope you don't forget his animagus classes. Also, in the beginning of the story you gave Harry a special connection to Hedwig and I think you sort of abandoned it. Something should happen about Harry's wandless magic, and also to relate to his love of flying.
Personally I like the cannon harry's personality, but I LOVE what you did here too because it just makes sense. Don't give up!
WHY chapter 23 . 12/6/2014
I am very sad that you abondoned this, I love this fanfic. I LOVE ROW AND JACK AND THE FIRST TASK WAS BLOODY HILARIOUS.
godlet chapter 23 . 11/24/2014
Haha, you spat this entire thing out in less than a year, and it is absolutely spectacular, but I don't blame you if you lost interest or time or otherwise. Great story, anyway, even though I kind of wanted to see how Harry got through his 4th year, and if Row is his most important person in the 2nd task, and is Cedric dies and Harry even gets to the cup and such. Oh well, thanks for the great read, anyway.
godlet chapter 11 . 11/23/2014
hhaaha;
kill snape quickly
ShadowRangerHalt chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
It's really interesting so far. I think that I'll continue to read it.
Aga1709 chapter 23 . 11/11/2014
Outstanding story :)
BelleHart chapter 23 . 11/8/2014
I like your story. Esp novel approach to dementors focusing on Harry and how Harry approaches dragon task. Any chance you can find your muse again.
FalconLux chapter 23 . 11/2/2014
*weeps hysterically and falls into a deep depression only to be lifted should this story update*
Iryelb chapter 23 . 10/28/2014
This is a great story I really like the Harry not giving a crap about other people or even the tournament at all. Which makes me sad because you haven't updated in like eight years and that makes me think you aren't going to anytime soon. I hope you at least respond to this and tell me if I'm wasting my time waiting for the next chapter to come out.
Jayde chapter 7 . 10/24/2014
Hey I really can't wait till they capture harry. Will it be soon?
kjhg chapter 23 . 10/20/2014
great story, please continue. i hope that harry will find true about daphne before she do something bad. i hope that sirius will live!
Guest chapter 11 . 10/17/2014
Sorry it took 11 chapters before I reviews, but I was interrupted partway by work, and I just came home and finished no.#11. Anyway, about your Snape... well, he doesn't make sense. You do know he's a half-blood, and he's well aware of this, yes? Basically blood purity is the last thing Snape, with his low class English background courtesy of his father, would be concerned with. His distate for squibs particularly strikes me as extremely out of character, unless he totally renounced his past - which would bring up questions regarding Lily, then his motivations for betraying Voldemort. Also, he seems a little too chummy with Malfoy, and less so with Dumbledore. Strikes me as backward.

Of course, I'm not saying you have to duplicate canon. But these seemingly subtle changes are big for a character with many hidden motivations like Snape. You've kept most things the same, and you haven't really given us that many glimpses of Snape, so it stands out when what little we see of him is so different.

No doubt you've read plenty of poorly written fics with a transparently evil/stupid Snape. I'm not saying yours is like that (you write pretty decent btw). But it seems like your interpretation of him is mistaken on some levels. Especially since you haven't made it seem like he's thought of the consequences of his behaviour - remember, Snape is a spy. Who betrayed Voldemort, and considers Dumbledore as another master (this isn't always a good thing). A successful spy wouldn't do things impulsively, nor without planning. What if Potter somehow managed to save a copy of his letter, then told Dumbledore that Snape was blackmailing him? What if Dumbledore found out through another way, legilimency or just simple asked?

I'm not a Severitus fan, but I have no issues reading fics of that nature. Neither do I shy away from reading those with him cast solidly as a dick. A smart one, mind. There's a difference between belligerence/brainless antagonism versus carefully calculated cutting remarks. Remember, it's his wits he uses to get by, Snape isn't a magical powerhouse nor physically intimidating. It's also likely he was bullied as a child, until he found his place in Slytherin (it would've been tough for him not being a pureblood, let alone poor). So Snape would be used to thinking things out, and NOT acting out on impulse. Blackmailing like that lacks any subtlety, and while he might not deign to consider Harry's reactions, what of his neice/nephew? He didn't think Harry wouldn't tell THEM? Not possible.

...meh, then again, you posted this fic in, what, 2006, and also left it around that time. It's safe to say it's dead. Still, I had to get this off my chest. It's a generally interesting read, but having this subplot of an adversarial Snape, while a well-trodden rode and a decent idea when done properly, in this story it just feels out of place. I keep reading this and not having Snape match up to how his character actually should be... and you HAVEN'T given us any indication that this is an AU Snape (as you haven't for many other things, versus the things you did do, like Row and Jack). It's jarring, to say the least. It's not going to stop me from reading, but obviously this doesn't sit well, and if you do end up making Snape a major plot point it'll really detract from what otherwise is a really interesting idea (Harry growing up learning magic independently then making his mark on the Wizarding World).
3,580 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »