Reviews for Leaping Into Magic
ratti chapter 8 . 4/8/2009
This story was great! Al was perfect and hilarious, love his outfits. Sam driving Malfoy completely crazy instead of just half crazy was great. Ginny kicks ass, and Hermione's future on the project was a wonderful surprise. Look forward to reading more of your stuff.
Robin Margolin chapter 8 . 4/5/2009
This was wonderful. You had me when Sam/Harry started singing "Somewhere in the Night". I'm a big fan of both genres and this was a great blend.
NachoSammich chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME! HARRY POTTER QUANTUM LEAP EQUALS SO MUCH AWESOME THAT MY HEAD EXPLODES!

BOOM.

Okay. I'm done my screaming now. Seriously though. Harry Potter and Quantum Leap? That is truly inspired.
The Gandhara chapter 8 . 12/4/2007
Finding this fic was a pleasant surprise. I had seen the first three chapters elsewhere, and I thought it was abandoned. I'm glad I had the chance to see such an original crossover finished.

You handled things pretty well, maybe a bit rushed at some points, such as Sam's practice training, but I feel it couldn't be helped and the effect wasn't that bad. You did the right thing keeping it short, this plot couldn't fill more that ten chapters, IMO.
Bob Squirrel King chapter 8 . 10/22/2007
Very interesting. I've never seen Quantum Leap before, but the story flowed easily with only a brief summary of the show. I think you portrayed Harry very well, I doubt he would want to live if Ginny died, since adding the death of his only real girlfriend and love to the deaths of his parents, Sirius, and Dumbledore, all of which he blames himself for, with the possible exception of Dumbledore. You have a very interesting style, and I look forward to more good stories.
Jarvey chapter 8 . 7/8/2007
Having been a fan of both... good job!
azillia chapter 8 . 6/11/2007
really cool idea

i enjoyed reading this

x
TamaraNite chapter 8 . 5/23/2007
This is the only cross-over I've ever read; I only read Harry Potter fanfiction, but I am a Quantum Leap fan, and when I read that Sam was going to leap into Harry, I had to read it. I am so glad I did. I loved this story. It was like watching QL reruns on the Sci-Fi channel, only better because Harry was involved. I really liked that you included Harry in the story, both in the waiting room and for Sam to see and talk with. By the way, I too was a young reader often found with a book under the piano, though I spent enough time on the stool to actually become a piano teacher. Good writing!
Tamsin M chapter 8 . 4/1/2007
Wow, that was wonderful. And 'Waterblood' is a great insult :)
Cat Feral chapter 8 . 12/16/2006
Well, I guess I was wrong; it wasn't Dudley! A deranged Malfoy does make sense - especially in the light of the whole "pure-blood" thing.

Excellent story! I have one little "nit" to pick: I don't think Harry would have been quite as quick to believe that Dr. Beeks was really a Muggle and that this really had nothing to do with Voldemort. But I realize the story couldn't really progress if Harry continued to stonewall endlessly.
Cat Feral chapter 3 . 12/13/2006
[quote]“Nobody ever found out, Sam,” Al said sadly as he studied the handlink. “According to our source, there were quite a few suspects- that Potions guy I mentioned killed the Headmaster, Voldemort himself, that sort of thing- but it didn’t really fit their M.O. of attack; they’re normally secretive in when they’re doing it, but don’t leave you any doubt that they were the ones who did it.”

[/quote]

Oh, God, it's Dudley, isn't it? Raped, bones broken, those are Muggle forms of attack. And here we have a large, surprisingly strong young man who's been a bully all his life, hates his cousin with a passion and has been brought up to believe that wizards and witches don't really count as people! What better way to get back at his "freak" cousin once-and-for-all than by raping and murdering the cousin's "freak" girlfriend! And it's not as if it were REAL murder of a REAL person, after all!

{quote]“Nah, he just stopped caring much about anything else,” Al explained, as he studied the handlink. “He took out those… horcrux… thingies that I mentioned earlier, but he kept on ending up fatally wounded as a result. He didn’t even seem to give himself time to heal; just waited long enough for him to be in a position to walk without having to stop in pain every few minutes, and then was back on the field.”

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can only be FATALLY wounded once, since fatally mean you die from it. Maybe you could say, "Severely wounded" or "Dangerously wounded." Or "ended up with near-fatal injuries," perhaps.

I really like this story so far.
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 8 . 9/5/2006
Great work on this story it had some very good humor in it. Is there any chance you might make a sequel?
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »