Reviews for Backstory
LCat chapter 22 . 4/1
Really loved the entire story. Excellent job in catching the real world side of their lives. You caught the struggles of alcoholism and making a marriage work perfectly. As a veteran police officer I have seen how drinking can lead to hitting those you care about. I look forward to reading the next installment.
Ltlcat0 chapter 20 . 4/1
Wood comes in many different textures and colors. I have even seen wood with stripes. Done right you can create something just beautiful. Oak comes in red or white and holds stain very well. It is a hard wood and stands up well to lots of use. Cherry is a semi hard to hard wood and has a beautiful natural reddish glow to it. Mahogany is a soft wood with a dark reddish color but it shapes easily. Walnut is a hard wood with a dark color, it stands up well to lots of use too. Ash is a white wood and is the most common used for cabinets and shelves. It holds stains well. There is a dark purple to reddish purple wood called heartwood, it's very hard and can be difficult to work with but finished prices are gorgeous. More info than you probably wanted huh. Still loving the story. The characters are very human.
Ltlcat0 chapter 11 . 4/1
Wow, you caught what drinking can do perfectly. And Sam's thoughts in anger. Really enjoying your story. Thanks
Ltlcat0 chapter 10 . 4/1
Love the story. I like how you have caught the real life misunderstandings between Jack and sam .
Ralx34 chapter 22 . 1/31
thanks for this story, I enjoyed so far your "Alone" serie
Ralx34 chapter 10 . 1/31
Poor Jack jumping at a wrong conclusion
Talagan chapter 22 . 6/13/2011
I enjoyed this story. :) There were parts that maybe didn't feel quite right character-wise, especially that rough spot in their marriage. However, I realize that in a situation like that, learning to live together as a married couple would be a serious change in their lives and would mean some serious adjustments, and it would be all too easy to slip into bad habits. Glad they worked it all out, though! And the end was lovely. :)

I can't recall off the top of my head where, but I think there were a couple of misspelled words and some of the punctuation might need tweaked, but otherwise I liked this story and look forward to reading more from you!
Sonnie W chapter 3 . 8/5/2009
Hehe pokkies ill review the cake...

Is this an american thing or am i just living under a MASSIVE rock since like forever? Personally it sounds pretty um yea... But whats 'coll whip'? is that cream? and whats white sheet cake?

Sorry im an aussie and dont get these :p .. I only worked out 'jelly' (in aust) is 'jello' about a year ago so forgive me lol!

But the story is awesome! Cant wait to see what 'abilities' your giving sam if she just broke all the glass hehe..
kinnik72 chapter 3 . 3/5/2009
Thanks, sister. I love both.
Wynnara chapter 22 . 12/20/2008
Upon finishing all 22 chapters, I am happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Wynnara chapter 12 . 12/20/2008
Even though I have not finished reading this completed story yet, I felt compelled to write this.I firmly believe that no matter how drunk Jack was, that he would never hit being said, so far I am enjoying this story.I just wish since you kept Janet alive that you would have kept my favorite chacacter(s) Jacob/Selmak alive too.
Athena chapter 22 . 8/17/2008
:) I love what you're doing!
Serenova chapter 5 . 7/16/2008
Their wedding is on my birthday! I find that pretty funny. This is an amazing story so far. I probably won't review again until the end, but I just found it funny their wedding date ended up on my birthday.

This is going great so far, and I haven't even notices any errors or anything in this story. No grammar mistakes, no spelling mistakes, it's all very polished, and VERY good work.
CelticDenefew chapter 6 . 3/27/2008
Hi there,

Just wanted to say I really am enjoying your writing. I started with the new Atlantis story and while I'm waiting for new chapters I figured I'd read some of your other work. Pretty good. The only complaint I have is the common lose/loose confusion. Unfortunately it's my biggest pet peeve, so I can't help but mention it. :S There is just something about seeing it, especially in romantic situations, that drives me batty. Anyway, if you ever have trouble remembering which is which, I find the following sentence helpful:

Your clothes get loose when you lose weight.

Anyway, love the stories, will probably read all of them by week's end. Happy writing! :)
steadfast chapter 22 . 10/13/2007
O know you wrote this ages ago, but I just read it today. Loved the authenticity. Have to say that I cringed a bit at the excessive (in my mind) use of Star Trek names. Looking forward to more of your stories.