Reviews for The price for forgiveness
Rose-Wisteria chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
I haven't read this side of you yet, Lord Cynic, and I don't know if you write fics like this often or not but this side kind of surprised me somewhat. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, the first thing I found interesting was how you write in narrative POV and somehow... pulled it off too! If only I can write this POV half as well as you did in this fic... eh.

Surprisingly, for such a romantic freak such as myself, I read this fic... thinking it was going to be romantic yet it turned out to be humor and a great one at that. Don't worry. I won't scream or throw a tantrum or anything. I actually like the lack of romance and the abundance of humor for once. Humor is good after studying French for two hours.

What to say next... well, for one thing, you wrote it in Garet's POV, which is pretty hard in itself since guys like Garet usually go for "Action action!" instead of "Thinking thinking!". You also pulled it off though and I liked how you characterize him very much. (Nods) Garet needs more recognition.

The ending threw me off completely. I was not expecting Jenna to react like that. Haha. It made me burst out laughing. I love it when the ending doesn't turn out to be another cliche. _

The alternate scene... wow, haven't seen that done before either... Why didn't it make the "actual" scenes hmm? I won't bug you any further on that. XD

Overall, an enjoyable read. Even though I prefer romance over humor, I liked this fic very much and hopefully, you write more and more in the future. Keep writing. You seem to have a knack for it.
Rexnos chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
You seem to enjoy Garet bashing a little too much. Yes, he's a freakin idiot, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings... if slightly delayed feelings...

Meh, w/e. Nice fic, even if I've never dug fics from an idiot's point of view. They tend to have too much action and not enough internal dialogue. Still, I liked this one.

Later,

Rex
Dannondorf chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Every once in a while I come across a cute oneshot like this that I read at least four times to fully appreciate. It put a smile on my face each time. Good job. I liked your description of Garet's morning before he left his house.
Insanity Team A.k.a. Violet chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Although I', not one to bash Garet that really did suit his character. And Jenna, somehow I can see her doing that. I like how you mentioned Ice Queen in this one. Keep up the awesome writing!
sweetmaiden chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Hmm...this is another side of you that I haven't seen before. Nice to meet the slightly perverted Lord Cynic! _ hehe..

Anyway, I thought redheaded is spelled as red-headed...I'm not too sure of that errata..-shrugs-

It's cute and nice reading your fics! I enjoyed it despite its pervertedness in some areas...but hey! Compared to other fics, I think yours is very mild. _~
Kokari chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
... I agree with Mashu... that was funny tho lol
Ark Navy chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
As I always do, I read, write, IM, anything on having to do with the computer with iTunes blasting in the background. Naturally, I always choose a song corresponding to how I feel. But being the new-mail lover that I am, I sign on to find this in my mailbox. With a bubbly, "Hell, why not?" I open it and read the first few lines. It's too silent without iTunes, so the application is opened and I scroll through the list... and I'm drawn to "Billy's Got His Beer Goggles on", all because of this. XD Odd thing, really...

ANYway, I really enjoyed the narrative of this story. Not too often do authors give the narrator a personality, and if they do, it's usually so annoying that you just wanna pull out a giant flamethrower and unleash the pyromaniac inside us all and have a field day! Oh, and the alternative scene... something certainly unexpected indeed, not to mention it came almost completely out of nowhere. Enticing... Needless to say, I enjoyed this fic in its entirity. It's a fav... erm, again, that is...