Reviews for Batman: Green Dawn
Noraque chapter 32 . 9/13/2014
I realize this review is to a quite old story, but I wanted to do it all the same. I actually came across it a long time ago but didn't really read it and kind of forgot about it. Recently I found it again and, wanting to easily access it, put it in my favourites. I just got around to reading it in full.

I really enjoyed this story, and especially the characterization of Poison Ivy. I think if Chris Nolan were to have ever included her in his series, this would be as close as you could get to a realistic depiction. Who knows? We might get it somewhere down the line in some form. But I think you hit the nail on the head, and your way of writing was phenomenal.

Again, great job!
Emmyzilla chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
This was amazing! I can totally see this being turned into a movie, too bad that's probably never gonna happen. I really enjoyed this take on Ivy, I've never really found a story before that went into such detail about how she became the femme fatale of Gotham. Thank you for writing this. c:
batman4life chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
I know that this story is like five years old, and my review is probably considered "late" by now, but I just have to tell you. Your story has inspired me, no motivated me to become a writer on this site, especially for Batman stories. It's so beautifully written, so in sync with the tone and atmosphere with the Nolan movies, that I'm surprised that a movie centered around this premise wasn't made by now. It's that good, and I have to tell you man, this is literally the golden standard of what every Poison Ivy story should be like, heck, what every good Batman story should be like. High stakes, strong supporting cast, impeccable, fluid action sequences, and a villain so terrifying yet smartly kept within the bounds of this reality, or at least the reality displayed in the Batman movies. I literally read this story when I need inspiration for a story, it's that good! And I gotta say, I want a sequel to this story. Yes, I know it's probably five years late, but I would love a story where Poison Ivy and a more experienced Batman meet for a second time, maybe before "The Dark Knight Rises", where the stakes are higher than ever before. Again, this is probably a pipe dream, but I would love it if you could do another story like this. I for one, would read it. But anyway, I understand if you've already moved on and stuff, but if you ever read this, I just want you to know that this might be the best Poison Ivy, well Batman story I've ever read on this website!
Thanks for Writing!
lonni chapter 31 . 1/11/2013
god, this was good. oh-sooo-creepy, but your writing is awesome
The Darkness Knight chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Okay, I know this story is old, but I just found it and I loved the first chapter, definitly gotta save this to read later.
PolarLuv chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Great story, are you going to write a sequel?
Lilybet chapter 29 . 7/21/2012
Interesting take - I liked the way you used modern science to create Ivy. Her motives and character were very well constructed. It would have been nice to see mroe of Batman and co. LB
The King of Soda chapter 28 . 9/14/2011
I hate how Rachel can't seem to accept that lesbians exist. What a bitch. Racist whore. Just another new reason for me to hate Rachel Dawes.
Maleon chapter 31 . 12/27/2009
Really, it wouldn't take that much effort to do something in the movies, at least going by what I've seen about her in your story, for them to make Rachel a Batgirl/Batwoman. She and Bruce are close, and in your story she has shown she is willing to break rules for the right ends. That way they could eventually even have the possibility of pair her and Bruce together.

And if this were a movie, I know I would love it with no complaints, but... I can't help but feel bad for Ivy. It could be that I just feel sympathy for the main character to easily - which is true, and Ivy is close to the main character - or I could just be a little crazy, but I kinda would hve liked it more if she won. I was pissy, but understood you reasons even without reading this comments and basically character bio, but I felt very satisfied after the scene in Arkham. I felt Ivy's actions were a bit stupid, as she let herself see defeating Batman as a goal when her was, and should have remaind, escaping and spreading her virus. On that note, I would have infected the people at the club if I was her - it would be spread without delay, then.

Though something confuses me - if all she had to do was let out one breath outside of her base for her disease to spread, why didn't Batman become infected after she punctered his suit?

Really, your story is good, and if it were a movie all it would need is a bit of expansion and good actors and such and would certaintly go to see it!

I apologise for any grammar mistakes or spelling errors in this review - I was in a bit of a hurry as I typed it and didn't feel like going over it, considering its length.
DarkDefender89 chapter 28 . 6/9/2009
"Still… the fact that she was so wild and out of control and free… appealed to part of him—to his own dark side. To the Batman. Oh sure, neither Batman nor Bruce Wayne would ever accept someone willing to kill, no matter how noble the cause, but surely there must be… other women… maybe not as beautiful and smart as Ivy… but more aggressive and free-spirited than Rachel? Would someone like that be a better fit for a man like himself?

The answer was a definite maybe."

Catwoman, right? Well DUH!
DarkDefender89 chapter 17 . 6/9/2009
I don't understand why they don't question everyone, even their supposed informant, ironic huh that the "informant" is the one behind everything? As much as it pains me to read this chapter and the ones before implicating Batman, I admire your ability to write it because I wouldn't be able to do so, at least not without cringing every step of the way, and still I doubt it.

On a second note, Mortiz and Jones seem corrupt, if I understand correctly, they want to solve this just so they can get the chemicals and use it for their affairs...? An end that justifies the mean, according to Mortiz and Jones? I'd say Mortiz and Jones are HYPOCRITES with a capital H.
DarkDefender89 chapter 16 . 6/9/2009
FUCK! NO! THAT'S THE WORST THING SHE COULD DO!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 32 . 2/12/2009
Whoa...

NICE bit of work, to say the least; congratulations are UNQUESTIONABLY in order.

You very effectively captured the mood of the Nolanverse Batman in the immediate aftermath of “Batman Begins”; still ‘learning the ropes’ in his new role, particularly as he moves beyond his original, more reactionary approach from the first film- he might have been effective but he was always acting based on information gained from simple interrogation- and beginning the more deductive approach to crime-fighting that we have seen him employ so often in the comics.

(While avoiding making him TOO good at it, of course; he might be taking the necessary steps to become the brilliant investigator he is in the comics, but he still has some way to go)

The amount of detail you put into describing your version of Ivy is another bonus as far as the plot goes, of course; not only do you explain and explore the psychological steps that LEAD to her becoming the villain she is here, but you also explain the physiological angle of how she manages to render herself immune to the poisons that she’s using in her daily ‘operations’.

Plus, of course, you explain her views while making it impossible for us to sympathise with her; you could excuse the executives she targeted initially, but when she started going after people just because they were using a swimming pool- the fact that she set that ‘attack’ up to fail doesn’t change the fact that she was willing to do it in the first place- or something like that, it immediately became IMPOSSIBLE for us to sympathise with her.

And as for that final confrontation between her and Bruce/Batman…

VERY close call with the poisoning, really; the Batman of the comics might never go into any situation unless he already has contingency plans for the contingency plans, but after Bruce in the film forgot to ‘mind his surroundings’ on at least three separate occasions you tend to think of him as being more fallible than his comic counterpart.

Admittedly, I initially found the sheer amount of people unwilling to consider the idea that Green Dawn and the League of Shadows WEREN’T connected to be a bit over-the-top- why wasn’t there at least ONE person willing to consider on a long-term basis the idea that they might be independent organisations back when Green Dawn first emerged?-, but given that the idea of costumed criminals and vigilantes is still taking time to become established in Gotham at this point, I suppose it’s not THAT implausible for people to assume a connection between them at this stage.

(Besides, it added to the storyline’s tension; with the officials already suspicious of Batman’s role in the League’s defeat, they were practically looking for a reason to go after him even BEFORE Isley came up with all her crap about him being behind Green Dawn)

On that topic, nice touch at the end with the meeting between Batman and Gordon; neither one might be ENTIRELY comfortable with telling the other everything yet, but they nevertheless recognise that they need to trust the other with SOME things no matter what else happens.

Keep up the good work!
Alina chapter 29 . 9/7/2008
I really enjoyed this piece a lot; I actually started reading it after a conversation with a friend discussing whether Ivy could somehow fit into Nolan's version of Batman, and I loved your take on it. It fits nicely as a Batman Begins sequel, with the same sort of mood and focus on the characters.

I especially loved the running Machiavellian theme about whether the means justify the ends, as it is not only a very poignant topic nowadays, but also comes up repeatedly in the Batman Begins world, both in the eyes of Batman and his foes.

Thanks for sharing!
Vaime chapter 29 . 8/4/2008
Great story, well written with an incredibly thought-through plot. I hope to read more of your work in the future, and can't wait to see what you'll put out between Dark Knight and whatever comes next ;-)

Vaime