Reviews for Rurouni Wonderings
HevenSentHellBroken chapter 3 . 3/25/2011
I love this Kenshin. The way you write him is beautiful.
itsamimi chapter 3 . 6/1/2009
wow, that was really well thought out. I love it!
Hidari chapter 3 . 12/25/2006
I really really like this. The tone is sad but and yet maybe just a little bit hopeful. I love how you painted Kenshin, young, older and more cynical, with his ideals and all of his contradictions. Thanks for writing this!
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 4/8/2006
This is my favorite of the three pieces. It shows Kenshin’s commitment to his retraining and repudiating all that he knows and has been to create himself in a newer and gentler mold. I also liked how you added the bit about recognizing his ability to not use the sword by playing the eccentric.
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 4/8/2006
I am glad you took up that challenge although this is a sadder and more pensive version. That opening clearly puts a darker cast on the watching.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
I like how you contrast the simplicity of the young Kenshin's thoughts with the murkier reality of the older Kenshin. It is nice to have him admit that although e he has regrets, he would do it again if he thought it would mean keeping Japan strong and peaceful as he sees her society now.
bubblygoo chapter 3 . 4/3/2006
Amazing :)
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 3 . 4/3/2006
I think I reviewed this one before...

Anyhow, I think you did an excellent job of explaining the difficulties of retraining yourself to NOT kill, when kenjutsu is all about the art of killing using a sword.

To turn his training into a non-lethal form of fighting, Kenshin really did have to rethink his moves. Not many authors addressed that.

Good job!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 2 . 4/3/2006
Short but very cute. Hiko's noticing Kenshin and pretending he didn't, all the while evaluating his baka deshi's stalking skills was highly entertaining. It's difficult to blend in when you've got red hair!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
I loved this - the contrast between the Tokugawa Era and the pacifism exemplified by Kaour's teachings. I love that Kenshin realized his actions had some good consequences, even while acknowledging Hiko's perspicuity. Nothing is ever as simple as it seems, and Kenshin appears to have grasped the complexities of revolutions and their aftermath.

Good one!
the sacred night chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
I like how you have him sort of not sure, almost thinking he did the right thing, but being kind of reluctant, because there's no clear-cut way to feel about something like this. It's more complicated than good or bad.

However... the Meiji government was in *favor* of cultural exchange and Westernization, not against it, and the Shogunate wanted to keep the country closed, not open.
RK Otaku chapter 3 . 4/3/2006
You've truly mastered the art of description. The language meanderes from coldly ruthless as the blade of the katana to flowing, almost poetic, in describing the fluid grace of killing.

Wonderfully done!