Reviews for The Boy Who Vanished
Amy chapter 26 . 1/19
This is pretty interesting...but has it been abandoned? Any hope for an update?
phase18 chapter 26 . 1/1
For me, seeing Ginny with Draco is terrible! It makes me want to jump into the story and fix everything! You are a fantastic writer! Keep on writing! :-) I love this story!
stars90 chapter 26 . 12/25/2013
This is an incredible story! I'd love to see more! Please!
hawkswench chapter 26 . 8/7/2013
Have you abandoned this story?
Guest chapter 10 . 8/3/2013
if you say 'smiled beautifully' one more time ill smack you in the face.
Guest chapter 10 . 5/15/2013
There's a mix between thir and first person and it's confusing. If it's Harry's thoughts then maybe put in italics or say 'he thought' afterwards?
PureSlytherin chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
It's been almost 7 years. I still think about this fic though, and how much potential it had. I mean if it still inspires daydreams after 7 years then it had to be really good. It is unbelievably sad that a fic this amazing has been abandoned. I actually feel that a funeral is in order, if only for some closure, you know. I still remember how crazily excited I always got when a new chapter was uploaded. I think I actually screamed and bounced around the room before reading the new chapter. Of course I was around 15 years old back then, so I guess that's to be expected.
Well, I guess i'll finish rambling. Maybe you'll hear from me in another 7 years, because I just can't get the bloody fic out of my mind.
Sk8ernv chapter 26 . 2/15/2013
This was a brilliantly written story. I really hope that you continue it. However, I know from personal experience that sometimes tings get in the way.
Poet Wroet chapter 18 . 1/16/2013
Oh, that last line was ab-so-lute-ly brilliant.

Kenya is Tonks, isn't she?

Ya know, I really like canon references in fanfiction. Such as your last line. (or the fic "Ehheheh!" by VoledmortCan'tStopTheRock - it's less than a thousand words, I think, but absolutely brilliant)
NoTagBacks chapter 26 . 1/10/2013
This is such an interesting story. It's a shame it's dead. It was worth reading, however. Good plot ideas in it.
Guest chapter 26 . 1/9/2013
Another interesting story. Plot interesting and imaginative. Some discontinuities, nothing a proof reader couldn't solve. I hope you will come back and complete this story some day.
Best wishes.
New Fanfiction Fan
vampireprincess141 chapter 26 . 12/26/2012
Love it nexxttt!
Serendipity chapter 9 . 9/26/2012
Yes! Finally, an unreliable conversation! I've read god knows how many fanfictions, and I've never been able to find one of those. They always just lay out the facts, plain as you like, or go to great lengths to just hide them.

Relieved to spot some advanced skills,
Serendipity
iSaint chapter 26 . 9/25/2012
I like this a lot. I think you've done a pretty great AU from a pretty unique point, and that it is pretty fucking awesome.

However, these last few chapters have been a bit disappointing. Here is why:
1. You really need to tell your readers what a Life Debt means in this case. We all have a kind of idea of what it might mean, but we don't know the details. We, in fact, don't know anything because it is isn't ever really detailed anywhere, and even if it was, you are writing your own story, and you might have changed things.

That's the major thing. Without that very important knowledge I end up having questions like these:
1. Life debts seem like a serious and formal thing, does Ginny's parents know about this? Draco's? Does Dumbledore?
2. Can a Life Debt be held between two underage wizards or witches?
3. If Harry Potter has an official claim to the Life Debt being null and void how does he go about doing that?
4. What are the limitations of a Life Debt? Can Draco order Ginny to kill someone? Can he order her to marry him? Can he take all of her money?
5. Is the Life Debt magical in nature or is it only legal? Meaning, is it like the Unbreakable Bond or is it a piece of paper?
6. Considering the semi unimpressive nature of the actions leading up to the Life Debt, is there a reason that the teachers don't have Life Debts owed to them from students they saved? If the reason they don't is because that being teachers they are, contractually, responsible for the safety of their students then is Draco a prefect? Because if so, then he might also be under the same contract and so his Life Debt might be null and void.
7. You have said that Dumbledore is the most powerful wizard of his generation, maybe of all time, and yet they can't figure out who set a bomb in the school? There is no investigation that we can see?

I will also say that we have a Ginny that has been presented to us as really loving Harry, not caring super much for rules, and who has a Weasley temper. I'm not sure how likely it is, regardless of whether or not she really feels that she owes Draco anything, for him to be able to do the things he has been doing and for her to not have a single, powerful reaction at some point. it is possible he has imperiused her or something along those lines, maybe threatened Harry's life or something, but all of these things also open up the question of why no teachers have noticed, teachers, that, unless you say otherwise, I must assume are smarter and more powerful wizards or witches than Draco Malfoy is.

Anyway, really do like this story. Keep it up.

Wish you had made it Harry / Hermoine though, I like those two together best.

-ian
hawkswench chapter 25 . 9/2/2012
I will have to say that of all of your chapters so far this has to be one of the worse. I just found your story this am. I do realize that you probably have abandon it.