Reviews for Anathema
Panhead13 chapter 1 . 3/5
This looks to be interesting. :D

I'm actually thinking of doing a story about Dan myself, though my story is about the gap between the flashback scene and the episode "The Ultimate Enemy", like what you're describing with your "Jeremiad" fic, I guess. Mine isn't told from Valerie's point of view and is doubtlessly different, though, and I've taken the liberty of adding my own, um... twist to the story. XD In which Danny Fenton, after being killed, becomes a ghost. I'm using him as my main character for that.

I shall continue reading now...
Gray White Shadows chapter 1 . 2/26
Yay, for once, an actual *shudder* Dan who isn't, you know, OoC. I'm scared to read this though because he seems so scary now TTnTT

I'm still reading though :)

I read Jeremiad and that's totally AAWESOME :3
InfectedElite chapter 10 . 1/13
So this story went from awesome to fucking bullshit. All stories do when they kill Dani. Good up until then.
AwesomeNumber0 chapter 15 . 10/19/2013
Very good story. I love dan and its cool to see things from his point of view. I cant wait to read Benediction and Jeremaid!
Eddy13 chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
I have to say I've read this story quite a few times and I find it an interesting take on TUE. Some things I don't agree with you. Also, I don't know how I feel about you making Dark Danny sympathetic. The basic image of him I see is that he doesn't destroy due to revenge and suffering, but for pleasure. Also, I don't think he had any regrets about trying to destroy Danny's loved ones and in fact seems to get a kick out of it. And as for the gadgets Danny used in his battle with Dark Danny, I think he made a quick stop at FentonWorks to grab some gear. That seems the most logical. I'm just saying, while I understand you were trying to fill in the gaps of TUE, some of it doesn't fit in my case. But then again, I did see the entire series before reading this story.
kingpariah chapter 8 . 6/25/2013
This chapter of dan vs pariah is my favorite in this story.
Lily chapter 8 . 5/11/2013
Thanks for not writing any mushy scenes.
Lily chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
I don't love Dan because he's simply misunderstood or in need of love, and I would die if he reformed, because I love him because he is pure EVIL!
Resident Evil Lionhart chapter 4 . 4/26/2013
I find it sweet that Vlad wanted to protect Danny. Too many stories tell where Vlad only pretends to like Danny and just uses him. Ick, I think that Vlad really does care for Danny, he just feels overtly rejected every time Danny refuses to join him so he strikes out in a senseless bid for attention.

But that's just my opinion.
ShadowedFang chapter 15 . 2/4/2013
I'm really not sure how I became a Dan fangirl myself... why is it that the evil ones have to be beautiful? To me he never really was flat, we just don't get to see enough of him to actually figure things out. Very much like Vlad and Danny themselves, not everything is readily apparent. You have taken this story to astounding heights and have given him new voice. Dark as he is, he has a twisted sense of humour that I can readily apreciate along with actual hopes and pet peeves... (like potshots to the face) Even in the years since I first read this story and it's companion pieces it has remained in my mind as one of the few great works of art to be found on fanfiction, even in a fandom that has a higher percentage of those than average.
Luke Danger chapter 15 . 12/12/2012
That was a well written piece, and it kept me glued until the end. Well done.

What's even more impressive is that you wrote a bloody ax-crazy omnicidal maniac and made him actually have EMOTIONS, FEELINGS... you were able to EMPHASIZE with him! I still hated his guts, but it was impressive how you got into his head without making him a blank slate cartoon evil. You made him menacing and terrifying, an evil you /feared/. You told a whole new perspective of TUE, and did it well.

I was also impressed how you made various characters take different turns. I would have never seen Paulina taking a level in badass and fighting as long as she did compared to her original character. For once, you could /cheer/ for a normally shallow character who was annoying more than lovable most of the time.

I was also surprised to see Dani and company; I figured that with the mansion gone, the whole project was scrapped. But Dani having the Ghostly Wail first? I should have seen that coming, but I'll admit that was an awesome moment for hey laying it down on the line. I'm a fan of her, but I understand that sometimes, a good character has to be wasted. The writer's job is to either do it so it serves justice to the character, or advances the plot. 'course, knowing how TUE ultimately ends up probably helped dealing with it, and kind of made Danny pulling it out even more satisfying.

I also liked how you kept the good guy casualties high in each encounter. No, here we don't get names other than Dash dying and to Dan they're peons, but we know that they're being brutally pounded and taking crazy high losses that would lose any general their rank stars in any other circumstance. I could hear Valerie shouting about how pounded they were getting... and funnily enough, I could hear Danny shouting "WE'RE TAKING HEAVY LOSSES! HOW MUCH LONGER ON THAT SHIELD?!" at the top of his lungs in a similar scenario against Dan. I'll admit, if I have one problem with my writing its that I tend to avoid good guy losses, even red shirts. I try to put in casualties, but it becomes hard to strike a balance between "keep the threat real" and "red shirts are useless". But here? They are pretty much useless for everything other than slowing down the big threat. I applaud you at doing your best (better than mine, generally) to balance keeping the threat scale of characters in perspective, while still making Dan somewhat threatened, if only in the "oh, they could give me a bad scratch" level.

Long story short; I wholeheartedly would support any recomendation for this fic. You managed to transition it nicely from freaked out and wallowing Danny to Dan's rise to power, nicely justifying why Amity Park had 10 years to live with his level of power. Well done. Well done, I cannot wait to read the rest of this series.
ShadowedFang chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I like this story. It is extremely rare to see a fanfiction that adheres to canon so well.
Engelmohr2004 chapter 3 . 2/6/2012
you mentioned in the story that dan wanted to put his new power to good use maby you should wright a cut off story where he does become the good guy and turns the entire town against valerie just a though xd kinda like how vlad became mayor and turned the entire town against danny it could totally work
Fates My Bitch chapter 7 . 10/23/2011
What does it say about me that I was more upset he kicked Cujo then slaughtering humans?

That poor poor puppy. He just loves his master.
QueenSkellington chapter 2 . 6/8/2011
I really like this story so far. One thing I'm confused about though would be Child Services. They would come get him quickly, he wouldn't be allowed to go to school the next day. (I know from experience, having dealt with CS before) No kid could handle the pressure as exhibited by this chapter. But very entertaining indeed! I liked it quite a bit!