Reviews for The Phoenix and the Dragon
lolitathegoddessorca860 chapter 1 . 1/26
good
BloodLustPassion chapter 10 . 9/26/2011
Im just going to start by saying that I love your story. And love is such a weak word to describe how I feel abour it. Im fascinated. Im speechless. Im in awe. This is one of the few mimoriXryuho stories that actually places emphasis on the internal struggles each character goes through and in a way that stays whole-heartedly true to the original story. You have really created a piece of art here. If they ever created a part two to s-cry-ed, i can imagine that this is how it would go almost exactly. I dont know what your talking about when you mean no past characterization, because it is all there. I hope you continue this story, it would be really heartbreaking if you decided not to.
Full Moon's Howl chapter 10 . 8/26/2011
Please, for the love of all things good on this Earth, finish this story. I have just spent two hours reading this wonderfully written 'the after' story. I've often pondered what would have happened, and this is a good place for it to go. So, again I plead on behalf of all things good on this Earth, Please finish.
Ann Nonamous chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
Okay. First I would like you to know I mean this as a complement... I thought you were dead. Or worse, you'd forgotten your fans! You have to post again soon.

No one updates in the s-cry-ed stories and the few that do write mostly Kazuma-Ryuho stories. You're one of the few rare gems who writes Mimori-Ryuho stores and writes them well. That makes you like the star of India. Promise you'll update soon?
MiraResQNU chapter 10 . 2/16/2011
YAAAAAY! So happy to see a new chapter from this as it's been a favorite of mine! I was afraid you'd completely abandoned it, but no! A lovely new chapter that's just as fabulous as the others.

As always, Mimori's and Cougar's characters are multi-faceted wonders (I want Cougar to read fairytale stories to ME at bedtime!). Glad to see that Ryuho seems to be mellowing with the years, too.

I also like that you brought in a new spin amidst the aftermath that I hadn't considered- the newest tourism destination: Lost Ground? Crazy! It flips the perspective in such an interesting fashion, "Oh honey, look at the native people! Don't they look so interesting? Ooh, I think that one's an Alter User! Where's the camera?"

A wonderful chapter and an exciting return (even if your just poking your head so we know you're still writing- yay!). Writing like this is worth the wait _

(And now you're gonna make me dust off my Scryed story- grrr!)
Kuu-sama chapter 10 . 2/13/2011
I don't suppose you have any idea how wonderful it felt when I checked my email and saw that you've posted an update.

I love this story. Once began reading I was hooked. I know it was horrible that I snapped at my boyfriend for trying to engage me in conversation while I was reading your new chapter... But it was (and still is) worth it. (I'll apologize to him later.)

I love how you humanize our gorgeous 2D Mimori. I don't know how you do it, but you leave me aching for more and more each time I sit down to read your story.

I don't know how to convey it properly, but I love how Cougar's story telling, Mimori's insecurity, and Ryuho's love gets all wrapped up into...I just love this story. Let's leave it at that.

There was a slight typo:

"She turned away from the window and felt her way to bed. The covers were cold and smooth, and she settled herself gratefully against Ryuho she settled herself gratefully against Ryuho (who was not cold in the least, which still surprised her) as he curled around her and slipped his arm around her waist."

But that's understandable since you said the story was stop and go. (Though I thought your page breaks worked well to let the story flow evenly.)

Please keep writing, and Happy New Year!
sei chapter 9 . 3/27/2008
I enjoy your writing style and I simply adore these characters. Thank you for keeping them alive with your vivid imagination. I look forward to reading more from you.
Tiger chapter 9 . 3/17/2008
Such a pleasant surprise to get another chapter so soon!

They do seem OOC at first, but maybe not if I were to read all the chapters in one sitting. I can accept it. I'm just happy to have something well-written to read about these fascinating characters. I love your delving into their thoughts and feelings, especially Ryuho. Thanks again!
Tiger chapter 8 . 2/24/2008
Yay, you're back! I thought you had gotten too busy with real life to finish this. (I don't know if you remember me, but we chatted over email about your stories a while back. I wondered what happened to you, but it felt like an imposition to email about how you were doing.) Anyway, I'm busy too, and I don't read too much fan fiction anymore. So it was fate that I come here and find this after you updated! Great as usual.

On thing I noticed. You sometimes used " and ' interchangeably. Not sure if this was a typo or note, or if you were typing so quickly you did not notice. Not such a big deal that I didn't enjoy your story.
MissWorded chapter 8 . 2/23/2008
Imagine my surprise - my happy surprise - when I finally regain my internet connection and find a chapter and a review from L'histoire! You about made my weekend. Though I do feel a bit of inadequacy... your chapter is so much longer and more detailed than my own. My review SHOULD be proportionally longer, but I'm afraid I just spent twelve hours in a movie theatre - that is not an exaggeration, sadly enough, nor were my activities illegal - ... and I'm about to collapse onto my keyboard. Forgive me?

My too-short review:

Mimori finally cracks! Well, a bit more, anyway. ;) She definitely deserves a vacation. And I like Ryuhou at the end - that's a side of him we almost never see.

Cheers!

-the one formerly known as feral panda chick

PS: I miss Mira too. Something must be done!
MiraResQNU chapter 8 . 2/22/2008
Silly girl, I'm right here _ And I luv this latest chapter! In the opening you made it sound as though it was just some mundane filler, but that couldn't be further from the truth! This is lovely- the emotions are raw and real and all over the place. Mimori crying on the bathroom floor made my chest hurt. And your characterizations are as spot on as ever; Ryuho's awkwardness, Tachibana's nervous anxiety and Cougar's knowing suspicion- all excellent. I also liked Kazuma's portion in the beginning- it was nice to see part of the story through his eyes. You shift characters effortlessly without losing step in the story- something I've always admired. And it looks like you didn't even need me this time (but don't let it happen again- I will still selfishly call myself your beta _).

Great work dear! Send anything my way and I look forward to your next addition, whatever and whenever that may be.

Sincerely, Mira
reeroy chapter 8 . 2/22/2008
I adore your story. I truly do and I adore you for finally updating.

A marvelous chapter so I'm expecting another quite soon!
randomcat23 chapter 7 . 7/14/2007
Well, jeez, this fic just made my day. I hope it's not complete yet because I'm looking forward to more chapters!
reeroy chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Astounding and the plot is remarkable.

I want more, no I need more.

Please? -
Tiger chapter 7 . 3/7/2007
Wow, you updated! I figured you got too busy to continue. I'm glad you're still working on your stories and posting when you can. Thanks for continuing to share with us.