Reviews for The Phoenix and the Dragon
Story Weaver1 chapter 6 . 12/6/2017
Sweet, very sweet. It's a nice progression for these two. I can just picture wedding, simple and joyous, and then Cougar and Kazuma getting rowdy during the reception.

The little boy shipper-on-deck was cute and also funny.
Story Weaver1 chapter 5 . 11/22/2017
So it continues; the story is solid and thick and yet...I don't know how to describe it, but I like it.

Jealous Ryuho; an unusual sight. Matched with penitent Ryuho is an ugly mix. Well done with that.

"Kiryu-sama" is more than a joke. Splendid twist with that.

Asuka and Cammy's section was both cute and insightful.
Story Weaver1 chapter 4 . 11/21/2017
Lots of drama here; good drama, not angst. It has anxiety, confusion, and long. And it is rich. Atmospheric. It's like a broth. I don't know how you do it.
Story Weaver1 chapter 3 . 11/21/2017
Another rich chapter; funny and feels together, and moving the story forward. Cougar both helping and taunting, and Kanmi nonchalantly welcoming him back with his favorite already prepared. "Kiryu-sama" is great.
Fanfic Connoisseur chapter 11 . 6/22/2017
I'm still here. And I'm glad you updated. YAY! I'd thought I would have to give up hope and put this story on the pile of abandon fics that I loved but would never know the ending of. Please don't stop! Please write more!
Story Weaver1 chapter 2 . 1/4/2017
Cougar taking naps is indeed a weird idea but I like the development that he shifts to speeding through books instead. He finally has time for that, doesn't he?
I like the contrast you drew between his speed and his devotion to Mimori; he's a rock, a really fast and immovable. Life is a contradiction, as he would say.

Pet chickens raised by Cammy. That is cute.

Kanami handling Kaza-kun's absence better than Mimori make sense. She's basically an oracle, after all.
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 12/5/2016
Heavy, dreary, weary; you did a magnificent job of externalizing Mimori's mood. It's not easy to describe something and gives the words feeling. Still an optmist; still "fighting the good fight" but certainly feeling the drag.
Light moments too; not unrelenting angst which is important. Kanami's support, for instance, and the cow couple talking about "Kiryu-sama" and that part about how Cougar does not shut up when it comes to her.
BloodLustPassion chapter 10 . 9/26/2011
Im just going to start by saying that I love your story. And love is such a weak word to describe how I feel abour it. Im fascinated. Im speechless. Im in awe. This is one of the few mimoriXryuho stories that actually places emphasis on the internal struggles each character goes through and in a way that stays whole-heartedly true to the original story. You have really created a piece of art here. If they ever created a part two to s-cry-ed, i can imagine that this is how it would go almost exactly. I dont know what your talking about when you mean no past characterization, because it is all there. I hope you continue this story, it would be really heartbreaking if you decided not to.
Full Moon's Howl chapter 10 . 8/26/2011
Please, for the love of all things good on this Earth, finish this story. I have just spent two hours reading this wonderfully written 'the after' story. I've often pondered what would have happened, and this is a good place for it to go. So, again I plead on behalf of all things good on this Earth, Please finish.
Ann Nonamous chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
Okay. First I would like you to know I mean this as a complement... I thought you were dead. Or worse, you'd forgotten your fans! You have to post again soon.

No one updates in the s-cry-ed stories and the few that do write mostly Kazuma-Ryuho stories. You're one of the few rare gems who writes Mimori-Ryuho stores and writes them well. That makes you like the star of India. Promise you'll update soon?
MiraResQNU chapter 10 . 2/16/2011
YAAAAAY! So happy to see a new chapter from this as it's been a favorite of mine! I was afraid you'd completely abandoned it, but no! A lovely new chapter that's just as fabulous as the others.

As always, Mimori's and Cougar's characters are multi-faceted wonders (I want Cougar to read fairytale stories to ME at bedtime!). Glad to see that Ryuho seems to be mellowing with the years, too.

I also like that you brought in a new spin amidst the aftermath that I hadn't considered- the newest tourism destination: Lost Ground? Crazy! It flips the perspective in such an interesting fashion, "Oh honey, look at the native people! Don't they look so interesting? Ooh, I think that one's an Alter User! Where's the camera?"

A wonderful chapter and an exciting return (even if your just poking your head so we know you're still writing- yay!). Writing like this is worth the wait _

(And now you're gonna make me dust off my Scryed story- grrr!)
Kuu-sama chapter 10 . 2/13/2011
I don't suppose you have any idea how wonderful it felt when I checked my email and saw that you've posted an update.

I love this story. Once began reading I was hooked. I know it was horrible that I snapped at my boyfriend for trying to engage me in conversation while I was reading your new chapter... But it was (and still is) worth it. (I'll apologize to him later.)

I love how you humanize our gorgeous 2D Mimori. I don't know how you do it, but you leave me aching for more and more each time I sit down to read your story.

I don't know how to convey it properly, but I love how Cougar's story telling, Mimori's insecurity, and Ryuho's love gets all wrapped up into...I just love this story. Let's leave it at that.

There was a slight typo:

"She turned away from the window and felt her way to bed. The covers were cold and smooth, and she settled herself gratefully against Ryuho she settled herself gratefully against Ryuho (who was not cold in the least, which still surprised her) as he curled around her and slipped his arm around her waist."

But that's understandable since you said the story was stop and go. (Though I thought your page breaks worked well to let the story flow evenly.)

Please keep writing, and Happy New Year!
sei chapter 9 . 3/27/2008
I enjoy your writing style and I simply adore these characters. Thank you for keeping them alive with your vivid imagination. I look forward to reading more from you.
Tiger chapter 9 . 3/17/2008
Such a pleasant surprise to get another chapter so soon!

They do seem OOC at first, but maybe not if I were to read all the chapters in one sitting. I can accept it. I'm just happy to have something well-written to read about these fascinating characters. I love your delving into their thoughts and feelings, especially Ryuho. Thanks again!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »