Reviews for Grey Maiden II: Slytherin's Heir
Ariona chapter 14 . 10/24/2014
i forgot to review a few chapters back. love the story just one minor flaw but i am ocd so... you said that the first match was going to be on oct 14 after halloween. haloween is out 31. never changes
bkasavan chapter 13 . 8/7/2014
At the end of the first book I wanted the description of Daphne storming into the castle, and I anticipate that happening with the chamber now :D

I guess I am a bit premature.
I might have to fanfic it in.
Guest chapter 18 . 3/11/2014
Man, it's good to see an uber powerful Dumbledore out there for once.
Guest chapter 13 . 3/11/2014
I'm really disappointed in the breaking down of the Harry and Hermione relationship. Maybe it's the too much Ginny. Oh well.
Guest chapter 7 . 3/11/2014
I think the Harry/Ginny friendship was built up way too fast. The Harry/Hermione friendship of the last book was good, but this went up too fast. I would have liked more Harry/Hermione in this story as well.
AND IT'S SO FRUSTRATING KNOWING THAT HARRY'S DOING EVERYTHING WHEN HE DOESN'T KNOW IT!
Guest chapter 3 . 3/11/2014
So saw Ginny's sorting coming! Haha.
Oh well. I didn't like Ginny as much as a character (purist H/HR fan or no pairing at all), but recently I read a fic where Ginny's character... well, she wasn't paired with anyone at all, but I really loved the way she was portrayed. Slytherin AND Weasley. Somehow combined. We shall see. *cracks knuckes*
xvector chapter 17 . 3/9/2014
Despite what you keep on writing in the A/N's, you have made Harry a very weak wizard. He's nowhere near as powerful as his fellow classmates. And compulsion charm or not, the charge of what you claim is the most accomplished ex-Auror in this AU not knowing not to trust a diary that mysteriously appeared and starts to write back? You've made Harry a *bit* too stupid, and not to mention, magically powerless.

Harry, in the books, and in most of Fanfiction, has immense magical potential for a reason. If there was a prophecy made about him, he would also be granted the power to achieve his destiny.

Instead, all we have in this story, consistently, is a Weak Harry.
chiakaiyuki chapter 18 . 8/31/2013
I love your version on the chamber scene! I always found it ludicrous just how lucky Harry and his friends seemed to be in the original.
It sure will be interesting to to read the fall out from Daphne's curse on her and Harry's relationship though. D:
Also, Dumbledore fighting a Basilisk is something I would have loved to have seen in canon *snorts*
chiakaiyuki chapter 16 . 8/31/2013
AHAHHA nice I'm glad I don't have to wait for the next chapter, that cliffie is a killer.. Poor Hermione, so close...
chiakaiyuki chapter 8 . 8/29/2013
I've got to say that I'm really enjoying your story so far! All the characters are very believable and interesting, and I look forward to finding out just exactly what you've planned for the rest of the book.
Noble Korhedron chapter 18 . 7/13/2013
Poor Harry and Daph... :-(
Noble Korhedron chapter 2 . 7/13/2013
"There will be a few more references to House-Elf rights, but there will be no S.P.E.W. in Grey Maiden. It was an embarassment of Hermione's intelligence, and made her look like a naive idealist." I disagree. I consider the idea quite worthwhile, but the name is utterly cringe worthy- and no, it does NOT have a cousin named Cuthbert! :-
Guest 4292 chapter 19 . 2/8/2013
I'd like to add that I find it quite annoying that so many reviews are nit-picking tiny details you change about the HP universe. It is AU, and people need to realize that.
Guest 4292 chapter 19 . 2/8/2013
I really enjoy the changes you have made in this AU. Not only do they make sense, but they add complexities that are both intriguing and entertaining, even if some are rather dark.

And though occasionally the narrative suffers from rather blunt explanations of characters' pasts (more so in your first installment of Grey Maiden), you certainly do a good job of keeping their personalities distinct and interesting. I can also accept the mature behavior of some of the 1st and 2nd years as part of this AU in which magical children mature faster.

Also, thank you for using good grammar; the occasional typo isn't enough to really disrupt the flow.

I haven't yet read the rest of the Grey Maiden series, but I almost certainly will, and I hope you do what you need to get back on track. Take your time (but not too much!) and keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/7/2012
Harry is not the most powerful witch in his year.