Reviews for Brilliant Agony
Griselda Banks chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
Okay, I simply HAD to review this because I can relate to it on a very personal level. About a year and a half ago, I had back surgery - and boy did it hurt! During the week of initial recovery in the hospital, sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night and be aching all over, but I couldn't reach the button to give myself more pain medicine, so I had to lay there for a long time before a nurse came around to help me. And then the three-hour car trip back home after the week in the hospital...I basically cried the whole way through, because it hurt so terribly every time the car jolted over some bumb in the road. So, the pain I've experienced is probably nothing compared to the pain of new automail limbs, but I do know what pain feels like. Once again, you've portrayed stuff accurately. I'm definitely faving this one ;)
CrystalMind chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
I am speechless.

It's always been difficult for me to imagine the pain that automail causes when the nerves are connected. Sure, Winry and Pinako say that it can reduce a grown man to screaming, but that doesn't really explain the depth of the agony it causes.

This story, incredible in its depth and complexity, poetic in its form; this is a true painting of what pain is.

*Added to Favorites*
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
This is old, but good, and very fun. Fever-dreams and pain...whee!

A very interesting view of Edward's pain. Very nice-the disjointed-ness makes it believable. Very nice!

Keep up the good work!
The New Fullmetal Alchemist chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Oh, snap! That was so f-ing... deep! That was frickin' swet! Cool! I'm sorry, but that was just.. wow! Oh my gosh! ... OW! Geez! That makes me hurt, too! Good job! Keep it up! :)
Terra Fire chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Very good, I like it. I think that the emotion is played out very well in this fic.

;}