Reviews for Frozen Sky
darkfire22 chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
Whoa... read it all and I'm very impressed. The language, word choice and symbolism was all very well done. I simply loved all of it, the details, and Hitsugaya was in character, obviously. I can't wait to read part too. Wonderful piece.
Windflight chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
Update part two!
Davan chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Okay! So I have been trying to find the time to sit down and give you a nice review for quiet a while, I mean I have recced this fic like crazy, read your other one, have it on my favorites list, and had time to read it more than once. But finding the time to sit down and actually write you a reivew... gah. I feel horrible.

I *love* this fic. Love it! It is perhaps one of my all time favorite Hitsugaya pieces. Hitsugaya seems to be so *real* to me in this writing. You have made a real character here who is showing us how Hitsugaya could be hind the enigma we see in the anime/manga version of Hitsugaya. It is just so realistic! And you incorporated so many wonderful things, the action scenes, the thought process and the time that goes into gaining his Shikai, and then the wonder that is Hyourinmaru once he has awoken in Hitsugaya. Really, it could not get any better and you have helped to set the bar on what should be considered good action/hitsugaya fiction. Wonderful!

Thank you so much for taking the time to sit down and write this! I look forward to each new addition and the idea of one for Matsumoto makes me *happy*.

Great, great job!
BlackFeatherz29 chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
*jaw drops* Holy... crap... That was incredible. Seriously. I'm speechless.
liz chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
That was extremely beautiful!
sakuzi-chan chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
a great piece of writing, the characterization and language is beautifully done, the jidanbou bits interesting. and having him saddened/pained about Momo without being over-angsty is a good touch. I enjoyed most the 'learning' part of him which is rarely portrayed elsewhere, as well as the interaction with Hyourinmaru. looking forward to the next chapter!

just a query, why is the rating at M? There doesn't seem to be any mature content here, unless of course you plan to have those in later chapters.
Kellen chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
I want to give you a proper review, but I realized very quickly that I would run out of words and time to do so. This was such an amazing chapter, and Hitsugaya is so perfectly in character that it... it kills me. He's a hard one to peg, sometimes. (I've been agonizing over his characterization myself!) I loved reading this interpretation of his early; it's been something I was somewhat tempted to do, but you've mastered it better than I could have ever hoped to do. The friendship with Jidanbou (sp?) is perfectly handled; the interaction with the other recruits and with Ise Nanao was beautiful. His realizing Hyourinmaru's name and power flowed wonderfully. His waiting for Hinamori was poignant. I loved it, and I thank you so much for posting such a gem of a fic.

cheers,

Kel
Yakaji chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
Nicely done! I really enjoyed reading this, and am very happy to hear you'll be continuing with it.

I feel like you do an excellent job exploring Hitsugaya's character, and giving new insights I haven't really seen before. The portrayal isn't exactly how I've been envisioning him, but it's close, and it's very compelling in its own right. The friendship with Jidanbou is, as you mentioned in the author's note, a very interesting detail that I haven't seen anyone else deal with. I also feel like you do a good job lowering Hitsugaya's level in this early time, where he's not as powerful as he becomes later in his career. I won't say I think you do it perfectly, but I think you do it well, and that gives the chapter a lot of depth.

You've also got me questioning the nature of zanpakutou now, for my own story. It's a tough question, how they function, how they get their form and power, how much is intrinsic to the sword and how much is extrinsic from the swordsman. It's a very interesting question.
selfavoidingwalk chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
First off - wow.

I'm really impressed by your characterization of Hitsugaya, by the originality of your plot, and by the clean style with which you presented it. I look forward to reading more from you!
Iteria chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
I can't wait for the next part! But maybe you can break it up a little bit into chapters? This is an incredibly long read. Breaking it up into chapters will help people with shorter attention spans keep on track and not give up reading this awesome story in the middle.

Plus if you write the whole thing out, then ration it out in chapters (with this length, 2 or 3, maybe 4) you could of lessened the gap between part one and two. (I'm a lazy writer that tends to write in bursts, so that's what I do).

-Iteria
Armageddon Angel chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
This is amazing. Wow! You rock. I can't wait for the next part. There are really no words to describe this.
Reius Devirix chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Wow ! Great story! Loved it. Definitely did. Love Hitsugaya too. Please write the next chapter! I'm dying to read about the Hitsugaya-on-his-path-to-captainship-arc of your story.
432 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29