Reviews for Ronan & Mary
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
I haven't read StarshipDelta's stories, but I trusted your writing enough to check this out. I'm glad I did. I love, in the beginning, how you described their relationship - their "private circle of separateness". The despair and hopelessness of the famine was particularly poignant, as was their love throughout it all... Even in a story concerning two perfect strangers, you manage to engage both mind and emotion.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
What a lovely backstory for Starshipdelta's Blaith.

It explains how and why Ronan came to Japan in a manner that was all too realistic. The Irish famine was a horrible time, as were the frequent influenza epidemics that swept through Europe. No wonder Ronan would want to pack up and go somewhere else, cutting ties with a land that had cost him so much.

The lyrical quality of your writing never ceases to amaze, and those deeply explanatory touches, "it was the world that adjusted itself to them" and "she felt the pull toward life, toward motherhood, felt it as the ocean feels the moon, felt it without recognizing the feeling—just felt it and knew it" make your writing such a joy to read.

Great one-shot!
StarShipDelta chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
I really, really love this. It's beautiful, heartwrenching and exquisite all at once. I love how their relationship just seems to live off the page, and how you delved more into Ronan's quiet, easy going nature that I showed in my story. A wonderfully well done piece on a part of who Blaith is that I never really fleshed out...thank you for this!
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
I can see where Kenshin inherited his spark and spirit. He got it from his grandparents and from his parents! A really great story and I really enjoyed the background of Kenshin's grandparents! Thanks!
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Great job. I really need to read the fics this is based on, but it's a wonderful stand-alone story:) nice work!

*hugs*

sirius
Warg chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Awesome...

This was strong, flowing and direct...

Once again, a shade different from ur older style, but lovely all the same.

The scenes were clear and precise, very well worded... a treat to the eye... i could see it all.. :D

I just wished i knew this character better... maybe, hopefully soon...

Anyway... Cya..

P.S:: Questions left unanswered..

Answers cryptic catching, better

Hear hard, see strong, to feel, better

To know then to wonder, better

... Damn, lol don't know wher that came from(inspiration overflow... i feel very charged right now )... "_