Reviews for It Only Takes A Drop of Blood
House of falling cards chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
Binged read this again and it's always fantastic and heartwreching read. The feelings that envoke on Harry's treatment and the secrecy that surrounds him just leave me wrecked. I think one of my favorite parts is that Sirus was freed and has been stepping up on his role for Harry.
The fact that the reason that Sirius freedom was given to credit in the chain reaction from Harry's results and ergo effect on Voldemort is pretty interesting.
Thinking about it, 5th year was the year that Harry could have gotten away with majority of his secrets. Everyone had different focuses that year, and the person who has spent most of the time keeping an eye on harry or conveniently looking the other way suddenly has all but disappeared from Harry's life. Harry's actions although not favored, were often explained by the circumstances he now laid in. Like the dawning realization that war has all but landed on his borders with cedric's death. Suddenly all past actions were like child's play, because despite the fact people were hurt no-one died. So Harry's trigger like temper was often excused and also used as a form to keep him away from more upsetting informative information. Sirius death cemented the circumstances of his new reality & regain his trust in dumbledore.
I didn't realize that until a while ago. 5th year was just that limbo of inbetween. The fact that Clarissa's death might have been just as impactful of sirius death is like a punch in the gut. Sure he met her shortly but there were moments , experiences , empathy between them that gave harry strength in those moments where he felt he had no-one to rely on or he felt he didn't have the right to rely on. She gave it so freely, that harry appreciated it and felt that for once he wasn't being looked as the chosen one or a liar. Could they have worked out, I don't think so. It felt that you been building up on them breaking up (Something i feared in clarissa rejecting him for his magic or smthg.) or distance being a big hinder. But she died and Harry blames himself.
I love sirius and Harry family fluff..ect but i admit that sometimes i feel that Harry took sirius death the hardest not only because of his mistake but of his regrets. The what if scenario, Harry loved his godfather not only because of his connection to his parents but because Sirius chose him. Wanted him in his life, after a life time with family that rejected him. It wasn't possible and contact couldn't and wasn't constant so Harry didn't have the chance to know more about Sirius. Didn't get to see him free or when he was mentally better. The time was too brief and so Harry regrets and mourns the possibilities.
Which might be similar to Clarissa, it might or might have not worked out, but harry might never know. It hit the hardest because Clarissa was in remission, she was getting better, she was cancer free and she had a life ahead of her. If he was in the picture well it was up in the air but it hit because Harry is fighting two battles, the one against the world of an evil man and the one in his own body. The fact that both are trying to kill him just leaves one to wander if there is a chance for him to get out alive.

(Rambled a bit) Thanks for the chapter.
mizzrazz72 chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
Ron's not a good friend to second guess Harry.
WyomingRockieSunset chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
Great to hear from you again! Keep going...PLEASE! My heart couldn't take it if you stopped! ;)
AngstyCanadianGleek chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
Oooh, I wi set what the Weasley kids will think about that! No howlers needed when she can simply yell from across the great hall
fhl1234 chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
love the new DADA instructer. harry really needs to tell his friends, hope he's ready to confide in them soon. really glad this hasn't been abandoned.
AtlasNerd chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
I'm so happy to see the update for this! Fell in love with the fic all over again. Great work.
David chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
Molly Weasley teaching. I did not see that coming. Wow. Harry needs to open up to Hermione or Dumbledore about his medical condition sooner or later, there's no way around that. Or at least Pomphey as he will get worse. I feel for people who get cancer as I had a close friend who had it. He put up one hell of a fight but definitely went out on his own terms and not what the doctors expected.
kryptonianhallows chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
Oh my goooood you finally updated i can’t wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
Poor Harry! Can't wait to see how his friends react when they find out. I love that you made Molly the Defense professor! I can't wait to read the next chapter!
DarkRavie chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
Profilore chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
I'm so, so happy you're still writing this! The moment i saw the notification, everything else was forgotten )

Ty for the chapter!
dauntlessofthesea chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
Lmaooo love this
I’m glad Molly is getting the recognition she deserves, she’s a formidable witch.
I’m so sorry, since it’s been a really long time since I’ve read this fic and I’ve read several others about cancer, I’ve forgotten a few things. Is this is the one in which Harry’s had cancer since really young? And only the Dursleys know for now?
anarion87 chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
nice chapter
Guest chapter 2 . 11/6/2020
I think you should crosspost this on other sites if it hasn't already been done. Maybe AO3?
drainednerves chapter 16 . 11/6/2020
You did it! Just like a day or two after I left a review as well, what a coincidence! I lost my shit at Mrs Weasly being the new teacher, this is going to be amazing. Harry's cancer coming back though? Autsch.
I'm really very glad you updatedCan't wait to see Voldemort die3