Reviews for Shadowboxing
Mocoro10 chapter 5 . 10/5/2012
That letter was so beautiful! *sob* it makes me want to cry at its beautifulness! No but seriously. Awesome story :)
Allen Oz chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Ah Shrike. He's like the Batman's version of the Shocker. It's late so I'll have to write a more thorough review later on, but me likey.
far55589 chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Well done
Abaddonite0345 chapter 6 . 3/31/2007
Very well written and extraordinarily satisfying to read (especially as you're sitting up on a Saturday morning with a hot cup of coffee).

M.
KxH chapter 6 . 11/23/2006
awesome! thank god someone saved cc from a life of evil! :) id like to see more of this, ie batmans reaction. but. i am happy with just having read this. :)
Chigger chapter 6 . 9/8/2006
What has become of the sequal to this wonderful story?

I know, I know, slap my wrists and call me a jerk for reading and loving all your Tim/Cass stories and not saying a word about it before now. No excuse, sir.

But I have enjoyed them all; as well as some of your FMA stories. And I was enjoying the sequal to this one (my horrible memory refuses to reveal the title to me) when it disappeared.

At first I thought you were revising it and it would turn up again - which should explain my delay in asking - but as it hasn't reappeared, I thought I'd politely inquire. ;)

Your stories have dealt with the relationship of Tim and Cass cleanly and maturely - two major factors in making or breaking a romance (or any story, really). They don't act like a couple of kids who think they're in love; the romance is worked into the plot in a plausible way without gratuitous and unrealistic fluff; and there is a decided lack of smut. This last is a very good thing. I abhor smut. :P

What's more, your plots are always strong - even in your oneshots; there is a direction to the little snippets that so many people lack in their writing these days. We don't tune into their lives just long enough to see them end up in close proximity, kiss, and be happy. No, there's always something deeper going on. I love it. :)

Besides all that, I like your story arc much better than DC's, and I love your Detective Manheim. He's cool. :D
Iudex Acerbus chapter 6 . 8/23/2006
not a bad fic. Take the crap that DC has done to Cass and dresses it up in the best light that it can. The overall story telling was good. Fairly good pacing as well.

Keep up the good work.
Tressa chapter 6 . 6/23/2006
I loved this story. This is how the new story line should be played out concerning Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake.

I love your writing style. I can really see how the characters are feeling and what they're thinking and how all these things tie in with their interaction with each other. This was well thought out and very exciting plot. I loved the relationship between these two and feel that DC could've done a better developing their working relationship. I can only hope that the comic continuity will play out the way your story has happened here. I can only hope the ending will be as happy and sweet as you've done here. Wonderful story!
anime angeL chapter 6 . 6/15/2006
Wow. I haven't reviewed for anyone in awhile, so, I'm a bit rusty, but wow. Thank you. Thank you for writing such an invigorating fic. You've captured Cass and Tim's personalities in the same way I see them. _ The overall plot of the story was good. I like happy endings, and I'm a sap for them. BUT I'm an even bigger sap for happy endings that involve angst and soul searching. Thanks to you my hunger for a decent fic was filled, and so was my desire to read an extrememly good Cass and Tim fic. Now.. if only it would happen in the comics, but I don't read the comics, so I can't say much. _ Keep up the good work, and always continue to improve.
Peter Gilles chapter 6 . 6/7/2006
This is a special story. I have always liked the Tim/Cass pairing and I sincerely hope that it ends at least half as well as this in canon.
Captain chapter 6 . 4/30/2006
Fantastic story! Well written and thought out. I love the Tim/Cass pairing and I'll take it in any form I can get it. Luckily, you had it all. Please, please think about writing a sequel!
Carin chapter 6 . 4/17/2006
Sequel! This demands a sequel! I'd love to read about Cass' return to the Bat-family...how each member reacts to her return and how she earns their trust again. Plus, I'd love to see the Tim/Cass relationship deepened and developed...personally, I thought it was a bit sudden the way that they were confessing their love for each other. Overall, though, an excellent Tim/Cass fic...and again, it needs a sequel!
RexRox chapter 6 . 4/17/2006
Good story. This last chapter was relatively predictable but still a good ending. I'm most happy about the speed at which you updated. It meant you wrapped it all up before I lost my internet access (tomorrow). Only quibble is the fact that the Detective Manheim scenes, which well written and entertaining, were rather redundant, they served little-to-no purpose in the advancement of the plot. They were good filler though. Can't wait for your next story.

Cheers,
funvince chapter 4 . 4/15/2006
I think Tim is the only one in the world who can reach Cass now and I think she knows and wants that. Otherwise, why kidnap him? Her plot could have gone off flawlessly since even Batman had no idea what was going on. Tim should probably bring up Connor's Luthor heritage to counteract Cass's stupid idea of 'sins of the father' (and mother!)

This story is really heart-wrenching and I can't help but wonder if Cass is too insane or has gone too far to really amend. But as fascinating as Cassandra Cain the supervillain is, it's too much a copout to give in to 'destiny.' I can hardly wait to see where you'll go with this.
Ghost in the Machine chapter 4 . 4/14/2006
I'm not real happy about the Jenkins arrest. Any decent lawyer would have the case tossed on an improper Miranda warning. Other than that, I look forward to what appears will be the conclusion of this story.