Reviews for Jean Havoc: A Work In Progress
Tarn chapter 61 . 4/28
Welcome back! I read this immediately after getting the notification email. Sad to hear you had a rough go of things but hope things are better now. Great as always and I read chapters 1-60 three times over the time span until now and it got better each time. Thanks, -Lee
Katherine chapter 8 . 7/24/2015
This story is amazing. The details and Havoc's thoughts and concerns, as well as his triumphs and challenges are great. I love the idea of him being a sort of father figure for Elysia and a friend that Gracia can identify with and talk to.

I'm assuming after his PT is finally done, he will make it out to the general store, unless this is *really* AU. That was always one of my favorite scenes in the manga; the ice cream truck arsenal from Havoc's store, and his and Roy's quick talk on the phone. Without him, they likely would have been done for.

There's also a panel at the very end of the series if I recall that shows him using parallel bars and retraining his legs, with Breda helping. It was a given that if Marcoh could give Roy his eyesight back - especially if the neurons or receptors were 'taken' by The Truth, then curing Havoc would be the next thing Roy would be obsessed with getting done, and I like that the panel hints at that idea. All the material is still there, so it only needs reconnection, as opposed to growing new nerve cells. The PT at the end makes sense due to atrophy, even if the nerves are fixed.

I look forward to reading the rest of it, but thought I should review early on as well.
Crack.Alchemist chapter 60 . 3/19/2015
Absolutely brilliant. I hope there's more.
Crack.Alchemist chapter 9 . 3/18/2015
Brilliant indeed.
Crack.Alchemist chapter 3 . 3/18/2015
Wow. I'm glad I found this. You are definitely a good writer. Very emotional, these chapters.
Crack.Alchemist chapter 1 . 3/18/2015
Yay! I can't wait to get through this!
Skwrl chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
An interesting beginning! I think you've caught Havoc's inner monologue superbly :)
Just a small complaint: Could you please replace the '&' signs in some places with 'and'? They ind of break the flow of the text, at least in my opinion.
Thank you very much! I'll read on...
Thelders chapter 41 . 4/17/2014
Soooo, this is awkward.

I am one of those people who will read all of a current novel, and then give one super long, heart - felt comment at the end. In fact I'm not actually up to chap. 41 ... ... Heh, I just like looking at the disclaimers and such. Why are you looking at me like that? I know, I know okay! It's weird, but having a photographic memory has its perks, okay.

Anyway. I LOVE this story. Luv it. Luv it. Luv it! Keep up the hard work sister! And, oh, every chapter should have at least SOME smexy smex. A little maybe? No? Okay ... Fine. I will accept your apology in the form of really intense smexy smex every few chapters.

What!? Okay a girl likes what she ... Shud up!
Keep up the good work!
Tarn chapter 60 . 10/21/2013
So happy that you posted a new chapter, great as always and hope to see more soon.
ellie chapter 60 . 9/10/2013
I might have freaked out when I saw that this updated. I don't know if I've left a review before, but I really love this story, and your writing is lovely and clear, and I'm simultaneously sad and excited to read the end. But mostly excited. :)
Karakehribar chapter 60 . 9/8/2013
Hurrah, an update! :) I really enjoy how you have fleshed out one of the lesser written about people - and how Havoc & everyone seem very much in character. Well written & interesting story!
Tarn chapter 59 . 4/12/2013
Just finished reading up to Chapter 59 and I gotta say Bravo! This story has kept me engaged for over a week and kept me awake until 2am last night because I simply could not stop reading. Jean and Sciezka's developing relationship and struggles really have been a pleasure to experience. I've run out of story, now what do i do?! LOL. I really hope you continue this and bring it to whatever brilliant conclusion you have cooked up.
KMN24 chapter 48 . 11/24/2012
Thanks for the great story.
nksa chapter 59 . 10/12/2012
Yay an update! Another great chapter. I was excited to have Izumi and Sig join in.
UP2L8 chapter 20 . 3/24/2012
Well, it's been a rough six months, so I thought I'd treat myself to one of your lovely chapters. As usual, I enjoyed it very much. I'm glad Gracia and Jim are getting close. She's a great person, and she deserves to be happy. And I love the way you write her.

Hopefully, now that RL has mellowed a bit, I can start reading this in ernest. Until next time!