Reviews for Snapshot
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
I read this a while back.

I thought this was a nice story.

Mark And Milt take a vacatiob to Ireland.I think that vacation came from a deal he made with Harcastle on going back to San Rio Blanco with.

JeanneZ84
HM chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
I was simply amazed when I recently found that there were Hardcastle & McCormick fiction stories on the Internet.

Everyone who has provided their work here is to be applauded. I'm simply amazed at the number of the stories posted for a series that has yet to come into prime release on DVD and had a sub-standard industry run of just under 3 seasons.

Thank you so much. I am amazed at the talent and your zeal for the characters.
Kariesue chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
Great way to tell the story! I loved the watered down whiskey story. But my husband's Boston Irish and they love their drink, Guiness and all.
cheride chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
Well, Owl, start to finish, this is just adorable. This is the perfect way to tell the tale of the boys' travel exploits, and this way, Frank gets to come along. I just love the idea of these guys romping through the countryside like a couple of tourists without a care in the world, except for maybe the occasional border patrol. (but how could they _not_ run across a hint of trouble at least once?)

I think my favorite part might be Frank's observation of "Sounds familiar", after HC tells him about the McC adoption; that whole bit was really very nice.

And, I could just see the mortification on Milt's face when Mark told about the ancestral MCH; that was priceless!

Thanks for letting us all come along on the journey.
e-pony chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
Sure an' begorra, that was a foin tale, lassie! Now pass that Irish whiskey 'round 'fore those three lads drink it all!

An interesting way to take us all traveling the H&McC way, Owl. Sounds like you've been to the Emerald Isle a time or two yourself. Perhaps, I should tap your brain before I go. Anyway, you bring the trip to life just as you flesh out the likeable characters. Feels like I was sitting there at Gulls Way listening in.

Pony
Tharin chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Nice and well written. I liked espicially the story about Michael Crawford Hardcastle ;-)
sbishoff chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
This was a very cute story and I loved it. I liked that part where Mark tells about finding another family of McCormicks and then the judge talking about how Mark and the old man adopted each other. Then Frank was quit to point out that it sounds familiar.

And the story of finding other Hardcastles and how he was forced to leave the country and his reputation still remains.

I really enjoyed it, please write again soon.
Lizabeth S. Tucker chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
I have a good idea of one or two items that were probably true...scary, but true.

I loved the story. I particularly loved how you did the trip, having them look through photos with Frank while telling stories about it.
firefly chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
This was a fun story to read. You could almost "see" Stonehenge, and the beautiful countryside.

It was a nice trip, even if only vicariously.

Thanks...

Ann
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
The thing is, once I'd read it your way, I couldn't honestly picture any other version. This just is how it would be. Mark'd have the pictures out of order, and he'd be nattering away, and the judge would finish some of his sentences for him, and Frank would nod and smile and make the occasional comment.

Every little reminiscence rings true-Mark would get himself adopted, and Hardcastle would NOT kiss the Blarney Stone, and he'd repeat some of his jokes, and Mark would complain, but not mind. And I can just picture the night where they got a little sloshed in the Welsh inn, with maybe Hardcastle and Jones exchanging old war stories.

It's just lovely good fun to have an outing every once in a while where no one so much as skins an elbow, and a good time is had by all, even more so, when it is written by someone who has a real feel for the relationships and personalities.

Favorite part? Milt confiding to Frank what Mark's 'uncle' had told him: "'Shure, it's not bluid that makes a man kin, but what's in the heart, and an old man's thankful to ye for the sharing of yer bhoy.'" Big 'Aww' right there.

But I'm with Frank on the subject of Guiness ;-)