Reviews for Second Chances
Neoinean chapter 10 . 2/20/2007
Oh, interesting. I don't think I've ever read about quickenings being used like that. In a way it reminds me of vampires, using their blood to heal their own kind. Very common in many canons. Too bad it wouldn't work on mortals...

And I loved maternal Amanda. Actually, I love it when Amanda gets any kind of depth of character.
Neoinean chapter 9 . 1/10/2007
Ick. Poor Richie:(

So what happened by the car? Jack must be dead, or else that would have been him, but if it was the k'immie, why is he still alive?

And I wonder who's at the door. Connor? Amanda? Caitlin? Fitz?
Neoinean chapter 8 . 1/10/2007
So apparently I never reviewed this chapter before... hum.

You do a great job at keeping the tension, along with the subtle sense that everyone's out of their depth. Their constant almost-but-not-quite relating to each other is very believable.
meritaten chapter 9 . 1/9/2007
Interesting. Thakns for updating. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Sky chapter 9 . 1/4/2007
Always checking on an update from you. Really liked the confrontation between Jack and Kurtz, am intrigued to find out the whole story on Jack' part.

Oh poor Richie, what a horrible ordeal for the poor lad to go through. This is going to be interesting to read, his recooperation. Can't wait till the next chapter.

Thanks for sharing.
Grace chapter 8 . 11/8/2006
Thank goodness I came by to check for updates here, since the Highlander message board has been down for a while...

I cant wait for the next chapter to find out whats going on! :)
Sky chapter 8 . 11/7/2006
an update!

You always do great with your stories, always look forward to reading your new posts.

Just wanted to say thank-you.
terra fea chapter 8 . 11/7/2006

Yes, to a few things.

1) You updated. Which always makes me happy :)

2) Richie finally told Jack to stop calling him Mackie! That

was driving me nuts!

3) Jack finally got 'put in his place'. I thought Richie was being a little too compliant about all this. But I shouldn't have doubted you. You are, after all, my fave Richie author.

4) I'm glad Richie got taken just because it takes both Jack AND Duncan down a peg. They needed it.

Can't wait for more :)
Neoinean chapter 6 . 10/13/2006
Ah, enter the K'immie! I love the banter. It kept the pace nicely and was quite in character.
JODI chapter 6 . 10/10/2006
Excellent Chapter, it's getting good now. Now Richie has two bosses to deal with. Pure Rich on he'd rather risk his head then be bored at the island. Oh, I bet they will be real bossy there. Love it, please don't make us wait so long again, withdrawals are awful.
Neoinean chapter 5 . 8/23/2006
Yay you're not dead!

Looks good, keep going!
richiefic chapter 4 . 6/18/2006
Interesting. I wonder what he said or did to convince Rich he was on the level. And I wonder if that will be enough to convince Mac? Knowing you I just can't see this all working out. Gotta be a catch!
Neoinean chapter 4 . 6/9/2006
I was looking forward to seeing the conversation between Mac and Richie, but the aftermath works just as well. Loved Richie's musings in the cafe, seemed very real and IC. And Mac's worry when he's late.. smacks of paternal instincts. Gotta wonder if he's normally like that, or if he's feeling extra protective a la alpha male syndrom or something. Another father figure in Richie's life? Mac must feel threatened on some level, aside from his genuine concern for Richie.
He's No Angel chapter 3 . 5/13/2006
Dude, I was with Richie on being confused in the last part of this haha.

But this fik is kool 2! Loved how Duncan was babying Richie so much. I luv family stuff like this.

Plz keep writing!
Neoinean chapter 3 . 5/1/2006
Hey I can finally review!

Wow that chapter was one giant tease. Here we are waiting for Mac to drop the bomb, perhaps with a cliffie, but no, you put it off. Poo on you:(