Reviews for Sins of the Flesh
Goomba chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
I am very glad that John threw up - that was very real and very honest and very good. And I am very glad that Rodney was Rodney through it all. And that the story flowed alright though there is certainly room for improvement. The idea though waS brilliant and I very much enjoyed how you tried to portray the events of the 'sharing.' I never would have gleened that potential without you so thanks.

Cheers, Jen
timme chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
the ancients could also seriously help. they wiped out a wraith fleet with a single THOUGHT! so much for moral responsiblity. it could go either way i guess, but it seemed like they just didnt' want to bother now that they themselves dont' need to deal with it.
Duchess67 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Oh dear, this isn't a good thing. Poor John! Will you make this up to him somehow? *curious*
Dugleik chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
NO! But...but...John loves Atlantis, don't break them up...
AlmostHeaven chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Great fic. That whole sharing thing did seem a little short lived in the episode. Keep it up.
deaka chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
I liked this story - it offers a view of the Ancients that I think is warranted in quite a few ways. It definitely puts a whole different perspective on Chaya, but does so in a way that remains in step with her character on-screen. The interaction between Rodney and Sheppard is nice as well - appropriately awkward, but there's genuine affection between them.

Great work!
TBiscuit chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Stunning work, Philote. This is one of those rare stories that goes beyond even the best 'episode tags' to add a real depth to the story we saw onscreen.

I read your story before seeing the episode this week (way behind the times!) and it added a wonderful undercurrent to the viewing. I just had read it again post-viewing and, well... awesome. Stories like this take the sometimes-lacking resolutions onscreen and turn them into something wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!

T-Biscuit
Derry chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Yay! Philote's written another SGA fic! And it's excellent as usual. Slightly darker and more bittersweet than some of your others I think, but still with some hilarious moments. The bit where they were in the Twilight Zone because Shep DIDN'T take enough interest in the women was hilarious and I almost snorted coffee when Rodney revealed he had to "take up the slack". The mind boggles! LOL!

I must admit that I'm one of the fans who disliked and mistrusted Chaya as much as Rodney did. It's got little or nothing to do with her being a "love interest" to one of the main characters. It's simply because I found her to be really annoyingly sanctimonious and hypocritical. Urgh! Hate holier than thou type characters! And your fic really nicely (and quite subtly) demonstrates exactly why I didn't like her (or the effect she had on the Atlanteans - making them act like idiots).

Um... seem to have rabbited on... did I mention that this is a really great fic? ;-)
Sheppardster chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Brilliant story... not enough Sanctuary fics out there.. why does everyone seem to hate this episode? I quite enjoyed it :)

Thanks for sharing this one!
nonniemous chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
This is such a well done story; it flows and folds out so cleanly and naturally. Everyone's in character, even Rodney, not so well versed in giving comfort but yet trying. And I think it's something the show doesn't address enough, that the Ancients *aren't* necessarily "higher" beings, just older and more ancient in terms of existence. I'm so not a Sheppard fan; he's all right but I enjoy Carson and Rodney much more. This story, though, made me feel for him and with him, and that's exactly what *good* writing does.
Vecturist chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
A different take on the episode - I like that the Ancients were really human - subject to all the shortcomings.
Dr. Scott chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Terrific story! I always felt a bit cheated by that ending and then for the show to never mention her again. I really enjoied your version and the disillusionment seems a very necessary realization. Keep up the good work and post another story soon!
princessangelwings chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
i really like this - it a great take on the usual Sheppard/Chaya thing. i like that shes demanding and forceful, it's what i would have expected, not the lovie-dovie crap you normally get. thanks.
Lady Sidera chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Wow, beautiful. Very good concept, and I think you captured Chaya very well. She definitely did have problems. And the John and Rodney scene at the end, as short as it was was absolutely lovely. Great, and very believable Sanctuary epilogue.

Also, I have to say I'm rather selfishly happy to see you're writing some Atlantis fic again. :) Any chances of some more Cowards In a Brave New Galaxy? Because that is like one of the best stories I've ever read so far. :) But I'll read anything you have the time/inclination to write. :)

Thanks for putting this up. It was excellent. :)
Tazmy chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
This was nicely written. I'm not so sure I like the subject, but you handle it well. Good job.