Reviews for Bait
MeShelly chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Interesting! It does, sadly, sound like something John would do (if he were absolutely sure that someone armed was watching Sammy?). I was wondering about that miraculous timing myself...and you've played it out in Dean's mind very nicely. I also like how you can show that Dean was a little tired of at least some aspects of their lifestyle-"the air didn't smell like feet" being my favorite summation of the situation.

I love the internal battle that Dean faces against his own guilt, and his struggle to hold onto his faith in his father. Quite an angsty piece, though I enjoyed reading it.

~Michelle
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
This story is really smart. I would have never thought that maybe, just maybe John had been using Dean and Sam as bait in that episode. It totally makes sense. Man you are good!

I loved the whole first paragraph. It's so description and perfectly written. It flows wonderfully and I love it!

He had to keep his faith in John- because if he didn't, what was he left with? What were any of them left with?
Zenamydog chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Wow interesting theory! Good job!
Ajali chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Great writing, as always - i really enjoy all your stories. However on this oen i disagree with you - not the quality of your writing which is alwasy high, but on the actual theme - i don't think John left them as bait - he would have known Dean had left Sam alone if he was waiting, watching, using them as bait - and the anger in his voice when he yelled at Dean was more directed at himself - same way as you yell at a child for wandering off - it's at yourself for allowing it, and it's relief for things being ok.

I also don't think Dean really did use Michael as bait - the Shtriga goes after siblings and Michael was the next victim - i think the brothers just ensured that as Michael was the next victim anyway, they would be there to make sure he would be ok - they needed to get the Shtriga, the Shtriga was going after Michael anyway, they just made sure the outcome would be good.

But my own rationalisation aside, ignoring what i figured, your fic was a great way of writing that particular slant of reality, and i really felt for Dean gettign suddenly angry at their father then realising he had done the same thing, punctuated with Sam asking what was the matter and Dean refusing to give Sam another problem to worry about - very Dean like.

Keep up the good work!

Ajali
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Thanks for another excellent story!

I wondered too if it was test, yet hope not. I don't want to believe John would put his young kids in that danger.

I love any story that gives us more information about Dean.

I really liked this episode, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was great, yet the casting of young Dean and Sam was weak, Michael was good though. But than, I don't have an episode of Supernatural I don't enjoy re-watching.

Thanks again for your story into Dean's thoughts.

Till next time.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
I had that same assumption when I watched Something Wicked. Great job at bringing it to life.
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Awesome. So I wasn't alone in thinking that :) These are my words on the forum last night after the ep: "Y'know, I'm wondering if John didn't actually set up his own kids as bait, why else would he get there just in time? Hmm." And here comes your fic, to address that :) Thanks for sharing this, will be looking forward to your next story. Have a good weekend :)
LostandAlone22 chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
I really like this story. It's a good addition to "Something Wicked." Good job.

-Tori Love
Jayme chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
This is good.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Well done.
astalder27 chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
*Huge drawn out gasp* OMG! That totally hit me in the episode right when their father came in at JUST the right time! Loved it! Great job, terrific story!
H.T.Marie chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Good story, but I don't think John did use Sammy as bait. When he shot the Shtriga(sp?) he used his pistol. Dean never got to fire the shotgun. And if he really wanted to kill the thing, he'd have chased it out the window. Instead, like Dean said, he grabbed the boys and hauled ass. By the time he got back the monster was gone.

So, that being said, it doesn't change the fact that this was a very well-written and emotional story. I liked it bunches.

Ht
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Oh. Poor Dean. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
AbsolutAnda chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
that was sad. he IS like john. i hadn't noticed the bait thing before. you're a tricky one!
pizzapixie chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Oh, you are good. Very good. You nailed EVEYTHING! You've just got to write more. And faster. And I already say more? Lots and lots more. Thanks!
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »