Reviews for Hooray for Hollywood
ashlyns chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Ok, another review-as-you-read.

P.S I just looked 'cause I thought maybe you had updated Cahokia (Sp?) while reviews were down but you didn't and im sad 'cause I like that story so...nudge nudge.

“I’d like her to climb up my pole.” They looked at each other and laughed at the phallic joke. Geeks at work. It took so little to make them horny."" LOL. First off, LMAO! Second, my brother can relate. Third, Sammy's a geek...so...

""fortress of love"" *Shiver.*

"" Pirate Booty. "" LOL

“Engage,” he countered and made a forward motion with his hand, ending with the point of the finger. Harry loved when they did Next Generation jokes, it reminded him of high school."" Ah, high school. Fond memories.

“Hey Harry, did you actually put water to your skin, because you smell like a bantha." I feel geeky. I knew what a bantha was.

"nothing he could do to interrupt Harry’s musical orgasm." No comment.

The shout out to Jason is great.

They're there to see Dave Mathews? OMG!

Those poor nerds. Makes me sad, I'll never make fun of nerds again. The whole lot in life speech and the tears in his eyes! Awe...

The guy at the end? Was that Kripke?

Great fortress at Helm’s Deep, this is a great story! Awesome dude.
infinite shadow chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
All the references to sci-fi were great. I especially liked the Stargate one, eventhough he wouldn't have a chance with Carter LOL. I liked how you wrote Ed and Harry. And you even got the boys in there. :D

Great story. Really enjoyed it.

infinite shadow
Sepik chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
You... just made me laugh rather hard. Especially the SG1 references. XD
Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
This is a delightful piece that is sure to amuse nerds and non-nerds alike. I'm one of the latter. I agree with you, these guys are interesting characters and I hope the producers will

work them into at least one show each season.

Their nerdi-ness is reminiscent of John Byers, Melvin Frohike, and Richard Langly, Fox Mulder's geeky associates in X-Files. In that case, the geeks were over used, although it did get them a summer series, The Lone Gunmen, which I enjoyed. It's always so much fun to laugh at a geek, right up to the point where he invents something and becomes an instant multi-millionaire.

As a non-geek, I missed some of your inside-jokes and Buffy references, but as a worldly philosopher I appreciated the Star Trek:TNG and LOTR (Helm's Deep) remarks. Good writing.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
Thanks for a good laugh! It reminded me (fellow geek, here) of that SG1 ep "The Other Guys"! Too funny!

Hm. Maybe you could write the sequel where the geeks meet the boys?
Evergreene chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
Hehe! Very funny! Though it's kinda disturbing how many references I picked up. Must be my inner geek coming out. I loved Hell House, especially the ending, dead fish and all, so it was great to read your fic!
MaddieM chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
I FINALLY GOT TO READ IT! Oh my GOD! You know what this story did for me? I mean, I always knew I was sort of a sci-fi geek but being that I knew about 99% of your references is proof that I am an ueber-geek. Uh...and since I am also anal, may I just point out that you spelled Goa'uld wrong? hee hee. This was too damned good. First off, I had no idea that Jared filmed the pilot for the Young MacGyver. Admittedly, when I had heard about the possibility of that series, I was miffed because for me, no one can replace RDM. However, I did like Dalton James as his son way back in the day. The pot stuff was hilarious...I was like, "whoa Caroline, guess you've had lots of experience with weed" but then I read your disclaimer. You know how I can go on and on so maybe I'll save that for a mail or phone chat.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
OK I've just about got the mascara out of my eyes from laughing so much so that I can now type...

That was just priceless! As a (misunderstood) sci-fi geek myself, I could really relate to Ed and Harry in your story - I thought they were hilarious in Hell House, but even better here! I actually felt sorry for them at the end!

The references were brilliant - particularly the Jason from Smallville bit, although you would have thought Harry might have noticed he looked a bit similar to one of those 'amateur' ghosthunters they'd met in Texas...

And here's an idea: in their version of the story, they could swap JA for JA and have Jessica Alba as a girlie version of Dean, then swap Sam for Sam and get Amanda Tapping instead of Jared! (KIDDING! REALLY!)

Oh. And anyone else think Harry and Ed's relationship is kind of an extremely screwed up mirror image of Sam and Dean's? Hmm. Discuss.

Great stuff!
Jayme chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
I loved this. It's too funny.
I'mcalledZorro chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
The story was great, and I loved to references to Jason and Stargate! It Rocked (even if I didn't get all the refences)!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
A good way to end a day at work, with a laugh.

I liked the references to the different TV programs and the characters, such as Jason. I don't know whether to be worried that I understood all of them.

I also liked the interaction between Dean and Sam.

This story was a nice wrap up for the Hell House episode, thanks!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Oh, wonderful. I loved all the Jason references.
H.T.Marie chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Geez, I've been so focused on my own crap today, I didn't even know you had posted this. God am I oblivious! Still love the geek speak. You know I don't even care if you are anal. LOL. Loved this, and a nice break from the chapter stories, you know.

HT
AbsolutAnda chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
i was waiting for someone to write this. i hope they bring them back too! they were hilarious! i loved them. i just watched that episode again, even with my sister screaming about wanting to watch friends
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.