Reviews for Where No Klingon has Gone Before
Guest chapter 20 . 11/5/2016
This is such a great story! Please continue it.
Transgen1 chapter 20 . 6/1/2016
Are you continuing this ? It is by far the most egalitarian story I have read with a vs theme. Please keep writing!
Guest chapter 20 . 3/28/2016
Your story is really fantastic!
Guest chapter 20 . 3/10/2016
Just read all 20 chapters, love it please more and soon. You got Q down to a well Q lol
Guest chapter 20 . 2/22/2016
This is such a great story! I hope you will continue it.
Guest chapter 20 . 5/26/2015
Great story! Please continue.
Guest chapter 20 . 3/3/2015
Great story! Please continue it.
Guest chapter 20 . 1/9/2015
Great story!
LL chapter 20 . 11/21/2014
So, any word on an update? Its been a long while already.
ljbrown1 chapter 20 . 3/25/2014
Are the Klingon's forgetting why they are there? Commander Shelby should remind them.

Please keep it coming.
AchingHeart2011 chapter 20 . 3/25/2014
Great chapter
justjoe chapter 20 . 3/25/2014
Very solid action. Clearly the highlight is Shelby. Well done with her character. I hope that you don't include the Borg going forward. You now have a VERY angry Starfleet against the Vorlons and eventually the Klingons against the Shadows. This is some great stuff. Plus, I think that you have the potential to do something different with the potential Federation and Earth Alliance relationship.

I like your style in summarizing some of the action, while focusing on a particular ship during a fight.
NorJC chapter 19 . 3/16/2014
I like that your story uses Klingon characters. It is a good way to show the difference between the somewhat Pollyannish views of the Federation (particularly those members who aren't use to contact with people from other governments like on Deep Space Nine) and the Klingons who aren't all about peace and brotherhood but do believe in honor and glorious, not curbstomping, battle.

Some points I see needing some work is the relationship between the Klingon captain and Shelby. Shelby has done nothing but offered reasonable suggestions and proven she isn't trying to adapt the Klingons to her way of thinking, she's adapting to theirs. I think the captain should recognize that and change his attitude toward this small yet intriguing Human female.

Also, the depiction of Delenn needs a lot of work. Delenn was not a mindless follower. She had a moment of rage after the death of Dukat and started a chain of events she always regretted. That's why she tried to get the Rangers to contact Sheridan to try and stop the war. Your story, though, isn't showing any of that in her character. You also have the Minbari acting kind of mindless when they should have noticed something was wrong when they attacked Federation Earth to find "Vree" ships there. They normally would attempt to contact the Vree ships to tell them to remove themselves from the war zone because they wouldn't want a noncombatant to be harmed in the war of righteous retribution. Delenn would have insisted on doing that. Instead, they go blindly charging into a disaster. Having the Vorlons show up when the Federation home world is clear across the galaxy without saying Q had anything to do with that or having Q simply snap his fingers and stop the Vorlons is simply stretching our ability to suspend our disbelief.

Finally, Worf wouldn't have put up with the crap the Klingon general was giving him which caused them to lose ships over a meaningless battle with the Centauri. If he didn't put up with it from Gowron, he wouldn't put up with it here and would have challenged the general to a duel.

That said, though, I'm enjoying the story but it does have some character kinks that need to be fleshed out as well as military protocol issues. Shelby is appropriate in the manner she addresses the Klingon captain but Lochley is totally out of line arguing with Sheridan the way she has in your story, particularly in front of the crew. He should have relieved her from duty and sent her to her quarters, particularly after she told him she'd have no problem working with him, and in fact, on the show, had a good working relationship with Sheridan. So she's acting out of character from what we've actually seen on the show. That's a danger in fanfiction we need to avoid as writers; don't place your own characters in the guise of the character traits already established in canon because that will always get you tons of criticism.

Also, I've seen the grammar and typos from the earlier version appear to be fixed in this latest chapter. Thanks for improving on that!
Kyosanim chapter 19 . 3/8/2014
To:justjoe

Have in mind that the Cerberus was Martel’s personal ship and its crew was loyal to him and as him they also believed in their mission. Therefore, they were basically in the same position of Martel and by not completing their mission and letting Sheridan go back to Earth with the Federation, they were putting themselves in the position of all of them be arrested for treason an shot. Sure they may have thought that shooting at the Federation ships wasn’t the best of ideas but the alternative wasn’t very pleasant and in the back of their minds and out of desperation there was the chance that they could have destroyed the small and looking frail Federation ships and still complete their mission. But all that having failed, when the ramming order was given, his crew not by words but by action by not complying, questioned him and was Martel that physically and by surprise activated the engines. If after that the crew restrained him, I didn’t wrote that because it’s irrelevant to what was going to happen and they couldn’t have done anything about it.

About Picard, he is the kind of guy that do things by the book, his decisions only being a bit irrational when concerns the Borg, so I think that I was true to how he acts. Whether we agreed with him or not that's beside the point. Also Riker isn’t the kind of Xo that contradicts his Captain unless he is way out of line.

About the Vorlons they having hundreds of ships is entirely plausible and in the series when they openly began attacking the shadows and others races that may have allied with the shadows, they shown to have plenty of ships, plus First ones don’t need beacons to navigate in hyperspace. Since we know that there are two Vorlons aboard the ship with the Grey Council, they upon seeing how things were going downhill and that the Minbari were going to lose, intervened as have before. About how they got there that fast, we know that First ones can go beyond the rim(outside the galaxy), so their speed far surpasses everyone else.

Hope I cleared any doubts that you had.
justjoe chapter 19 . 3/8/2014
Well done. The EA battle was well done and I liked Sheridan's decisions being questioned. It's too bad that didn't happen on the other ship. I think that you should have had the XO remove him from command. It's gotten a little old seeing EA officers following orders like this. What you did was good, but you didn't go far enough. So, well told, but it could have been better.

Picard is a bit of a dumb ass. He would use the Borg program if had to to save the Federation. He got lucky before, no more or less. I expect a broader perspective from him. I didn't like Voyager, but I think his attitude is a bit extreme. At least use Riker as a voice of reason here.

How are the Vorlons getting so many ships here? Q put the Minbari there. So, how are the Vorlons getting here and in force?