Reviews for Another Girl Another Planet
Dimac99 chapter 18 . 3/24/2011
And the best thing about this story - Jayne was still Jayne! I utterly adored this, especially with Jayne being all lovesick in the beginning, it was incredibly cute and less than manly but it never felt wrong for Jayne.

Mal got to be a bit of an ass, Zoe got to be the voice of reason, River got to be crazy and poor Simon and Kaylee had trouble catching a break. It didn't feel like anybody was left out of the story and I enjoyed that we got some action toward the end to make it exciting as well as smooshy! :-D

I liked Ilargia (though it took me a while to decide how to pronounce her name) and I thought her internal arguments against liking Jayne sounded a lot like my own - I'm a professional, sophisticated (ha! right!) woman; I'm a feminist, I shouldn't fancy a space-troll like him! (Incidentally, I'm totally stealing that for any future Firefly conversations I have, it's so much better than ape-gone-wrong.)

I just hope you *have* written a sequel or I might cry.

On a completely separate note, I note you haven't written any Chuck fic - I would have thought you would be all over that - Casey is just *dying* to have his cold heart melted! Not your thing? (Not that I'm complaining, you've already spoiled us with great Firefly fic and the best Sheldon/Penny fic evar.)
Dimac99 chapter 4 . 3/24/2011
This chapter is hilarious - Jayne's skin being a tone lighter, the chess, the book 'discussion' between Mal and Ilargia. Laughed my socks off through all that and was still giggling by the end. Also, very true about Grendel and we know Jayne's mother loves him. She knits him cunning hats :-D
carick of hunter moon chapter 18 . 12/4/2010
there is only one wat to discribe this fanfiction it is an OUTSTANDING story well done
Trbl chapter 18 . 12/1/2010
What a lovely story! How I missed this is beyond me. Gotta' read the rest now!
DestinyManifested chapter 18 . 9/1/2009
I really liked this. You created a new character who is very cool and fits in to the crew nicely which is hard, especially for Firefly
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Yay! An author who understands Our Hero, the Savior of Canton.
Lady Aquinas chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
What a great start! Going now to read more!
Summersfan chapter 18 . 7/21/2006
Well, angst away, then...
laloobie chapter 18 . 7/5/2006
Just finished reading this wonderful epic. Thank you for introducing another character that didn't make me wretch. I really like Ilargia. Nice addition to the clan. Lots and lots of strong women in this story! Thanks again for a very fleshed out story.
laloobie chapter 13 . 7/3/2006
Great chapter. I esp. like River's "possesion" at the end. Very simple and very well written. Thanks!
Peloris-socialis chapter 18 . 6/24/2006
Absolutely amazing! You've taken our beloved characters and have added to their story without changing them at all(as so many ff writers are bound to do). The story is funny and witty and touching and vivid and it's one of the few that makes me wish it was on the screen, large or small, so that the actors who embody these roles could play it out. Hm ... that makes me wonder who might play Ilargia.

Looking forward to reading the sequel!
laloobie chapter 9 . 6/22/2006
I've been reading this story during my lunch hour at work. It is really well done. This chapter especially is wonderfully poetic. This passage struck me and I just have to say well done!

"Takes his strength, meets it with her own delicate ferocity. No need, no time for shame or second thoughts. For all she’s a lady, she knows some right wicked tricks."
Asamsaktha chapter 18 . 6/21/2006
My only complaint is that I read "Zen" first! Wonderful.
curi chapter 18 . 6/21/2006
I'm in awe of your invented character. She's, you know, real. Great dialogue, great naming... closer to Joss than most people get. congrats.
PonyXpressinc chapter 18 . 6/7/2006
I read this in bit's as it came out, I've just read it again at one sitting to remind myself of the story before starting on your new fic.

This is a fantastic story. Full of great images like 'being savaged by bunny rabbits', like carving J's in bed posts and every bit has a polished turn of phrase that is absolutley spot on.

Incidentally was that bits of 'the smugglers song' by Rudyard Kipling that I spotted coming out of River's mouth?

Best regards and waiting eagerly for more.

63 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »