Reviews for Another Girl Another Planet
pengwin-jibberish chapter 18 . 5/30/2006
I absolutely adored this story and I will gladly read anything else you write.
dragongrrl chapter 18 . 5/30/2006
Bravo, SpaceAnJl, bravo! I commend you on an excellent fanfic from start to (sob) finish! Extremely engaging and well written. Funny, too:

“We got ourselves a cook, then?”

Ilargia grins at Mal, too.

“Reporting for duty, Captain.”

Mal points at her sternly.

“No matter how much he begs, you don’t go making him chilli ‘less we’re dirtside, dong ma? Air filters can only take so much.”

“I’m going to be sharing a bunk with him, Captain. I’m not suicidal.”

That made me grin like a fool! At the risk of repeating myself, I really like Larji.

I also really liked how you described River's fighting prowess. "Killer angel dances," indeed. I could just picture her.

Of course, I'm left wanting more. A sequel, perhaps? Soon? Promise?

Thanks again for sharing, SpaceAnJl, and please do post another story soon!

dragongrrl.
ElspethBates chapter 15 . 5/24/2006
Excellent fanfic! I just found the Firefly fanfic section on and found your story and plowed my way through the whole thing. You have the characters down pat and keep them completely in cannon, I'm very impressed! I'll be recommending this story to my friends who love the Firefly/Serenity series and movie!
pengwin-jibberish chapter 15 . 5/22/2006
AH the intrigue picks up. Can't wait to read more.
pengwin-jibberish chapter 14 . 5/22/2006
Such a great chapter. Thrilling heroics, romance, drama, adventure, and more. What a great read.
Summersfan chapter 4 . 5/22/2006
I like your writing style. (more comments when I reach the end of this fic)
dragongrrl chapter 15 . 5/22/2006
Yay, two new chapters of my favorite "Firefly" fanfic. Just the sort of Monday morning pick-me-up that I desperately needed!

Jayne to the rescue! I love how he didn't hesitate to rush into his beloved Larji's burning house to save her. I also am delighted that she is now part of the Serenity family. I'm afraid this isn't the last we've heard of Carlton Wei Fen, however. He's a baddie.

Once again, your gift for descriptive prose takes my breath away. To wit:

Kitchen ain’t nothing but a firepit, timbers of the wall blown in and the plumbing skewed from the wall. Takes it in, in a glance. Blast’s thrown the furniture over and it adds to the chaos, smell of burnt horsehair and feathers, and books flutterin’ like wounded birds.

I totally saw AND smelled what Jayne did. Awesome.

That tender scene between Jayne and River, where she forgives him for betraying her and Simon brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful stuff.

My favorite laugh-out-loud lines from Chapter 15:

"Is it the carrying-off part or the half-naked part worrying you. Because it was really terribly dignified."

“She’s gonna need something to wear, Jayne. You can’t just keep her naked in your bunk.”

Jayne glazes over for a moment.

“Why not?”

Perfect!

As always, thanks eversomuch for sharing, SpaceAnJl, and please post again A.S.A.P.

dragongrrl
Aurelius451 chapter 13 . 5/18/2006
This is truly a wonderful story and I'm impressed with your writing. There's a real feel for the characters and a depth to their interaction. The bit where River made Mal promise to kill her if she went killer just feels right. I've come to the last chapter and I'm waiting (im)patiently for the next. Thanks!
pengwin-jibberish chapter 13 . 5/17/2006
This is so very good. I absolutely love your writing style. I cannot wait to read the next installment.
dragongrrl chapter 13 . 5/17/2006
Omigosh, SpaceAnJl! You ran me through a gamut of emotions with these two chapters. Anxiety, fear, hope, amusement, exasperation, and right back to fear (for Ilargia) again. I really admire and love how you can paint a character with just a few short sentences ("Hideo Tanaka, Captain of the Straylight, is old school. Edge of red and blue design beyond collar and cuffs when he extends a hand, turns his head. Favours black leather with scarlet-edged enamel plates on the shoulder and spine. He ain’t a man to cross. And when he’s smiling politely at you, it means you probably have.") Excellent. Thank goodness Mal finally came to his senses. I totally related to how River must have felt in her hidey hole. At the risk of repeating myself (and others), you have the personalities of Serenity's crew down pat. One of my (many) fav lines: "Mal can never find the right words in time to stop people walking away from him." So perfect.

Thanks eversomuch for sharing, SpaceAnJl, and please (pretty please?) post again soon!
pengwin-jibberish chapter 11 . 5/15/2006
Ah I'm feeling so much anger at Mal right now. The thing is that I can see where he's coming from though.

Well played.
pengwin-jibberish chapter 10 . 5/15/2006
So heart-breaking seeing Jayne go through the pains of lost love. I love Kaylee and River for realizing what he was going through and cluing him in. And he wants to go back! And tell his mom about her! That's so sweet. I must read the next chapter now.
dragongrrl chapter 11 . 5/15/2006
Ah, SpaceAnJl, the angst quoient, she is high. Poor Jayne. Poor Ilargia. Poor River. Poor Kaylee. Poor Simon. Poor Zoe. Poor Mal. He's so hard-headed! What will it finally take for him to order Serenity to head back to Hecate? He usually depends on Zoe to be his voice of reason (and his conscience), so is their little tete a tete going to make up his mind for him? Thank you, as always, for sharing, SpaceAnJl, and please, please, please, post again soon!
hazelmom chapter 11 . 5/15/2006
Good work. I really like how you draw the characters. I love that River has a little crush on Jayne. Against my better judgement, I'm something of a Rayne shipper.

sheila
canthereisto chapter 9 . 5/12/2006
"He’s stopped twitching by the time he reaches the competition. Kaylee has not done anything appalling. Though the hat is familiar.

“Does he know you’ve pinched that?”

"Oh I laughed so hard at that. You write too damn well as proven by this line: "Fingertips must be eyes, memory. There is nothing to say." I want to cry at my lack of talent. Great chapter! Update soon!

Ava