Reviews for Memories of Prague in Springtime
melraemorgan chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Again, you write a quiet but powerful piece. I could smell Spring, and I empathized with Radek. God, you really are talented as hell. * blushes at her own thinly veiled envy *
Mivka chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Wow! Tell me, how does a US person get to know all these things about Czech? Well... of course there were few things which i personally wouldn't say (and the strange feeling to read one sentence in both my native language and English, lol) and of course I could find some small mistakes (WHO told you that UK is the best university in Czech Rep.? :)) Certainly is NOT! We have better things! :)).

But... well, it was interesting and inspiring an very very nice to find out, that there are some "czechophiliacs" in the big big world out there :)) And you have my gratitude for the normal Czech sentences. I feel physical pain when I read all the "blaho má druh" things in other stories :))
Gabrielle Lawson chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
(You know me by another name in another fandom. I write Alien Us.)

I am glad I found your SG:A story. Being a huge Czechophile I was drawn to SG:A only after catching an episode with Zelenka muttering in Czech. Ah, that brought back memories of my year teaching the Czech. So now I'm watching every rerun on the Sci Fi Channel hoping to catch all the Zelenka moments and well, finding myself mildly intrigued by the whole show.

But anyway, your story was good and I loved the Czech bits. I understood them! I'm not fluent so it feels good to be able to understand them. And I love the names of his friends. So right. (Read another story with his ex-wife named "fish" (Ryba). Who would name a child "fish"? Certainly not a Czech, so it was refreshing to find your Czech people have proper Czech names. And painting the history of Prague so well, too. Good job.
Bobbie chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
This was so perfect! I've been trying to write a similar piece of my own and you've given me so much inspiration!

Great job!
fififolle chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Hi, sorry I'm late. Wow. That was amazing. I could almost smell it too. I think that is the best 'Czech memory' fic I've read. I think you really captured the essence of Zelenka for me very well. And not just in his drink, smoking and 'knowing where to go' LOL. Thanks a zillion for this piece.
Klenotka chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
And dont forget that Prague Spring is also one of the bieggest and the best music festivals in the world. :-)
Celtic Knot chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Oh, that was beautiful! I loved this glimpse into Radek's head – we need a little backstory on him! :D

–CeeKay
Tazmy chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
I like story with a bit of history and culture to it. I studied some of this stuff a bit before, but it makes it more personal when you see it through Radek's view. Well done.