Reviews for Empty Crowns
volk.eu chapter 6 . 12/6/2012
A promising sequel to an excellent story. It's a pity that it is discontinued.
Very good portrayal of L/M relationship at that point. I liked Luke's remark about two redheads :).
Would have been interesting to follow your Empire plot - Pellaeon is everyone's favorite. Alas, we only hope for completion of this.
Atlasina7 chapter 6 . 11/5/2011
Damn-this is SO sad. A brilliantly started story...left unfinished, in hiatus. It is very well written, the plot is really starting to get interesting and I would love to be able to read something this good all the way through. I hope someday you do decide to finish it.
oldman543 chapter 6 . 9/4/2011
Damn, i really enjoyed this. sad that you seemed to have stopped writing this. your writing is interesting and engaging and i hope to see more of it. cheers,

oldman543
Mats Forsen chapter 6 . 5/9/2011
Darn, this one was unfinished. It held as much promise as its prequel though, so it was well worth reading. :)
The Perfect Spell chapter 6 . 5/11/2009
I was so happy when I found the sequel, but you ended the chapter on a cliffy! Arghh! I do hope you plan to continue soon though.
DJ Caligula chapter 6 . 4/20/2009
I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said already, but this is shaping up to be very cool. I love Kezler and Shelarne as a couple- I hope you're able to finish this eventually!

Oh yes, and poor emasculated Han. He was such a hotshot in the original trilogy, and in the EU books he becomes that dude married to Leia.
Anna chapter 6 . 5/27/2007
I absolutely love this story, but then again I love all your fics. It's definitely one of the best Star Wars fanfictions I've ever read. The canon characters are perfectly in character, and the OCs you've created blend flawlessly with the "real" characters. I wish this fic wasn't on hiatus...
Spear-of-destiny chapter 6 . 6/7/2006
Wonderful update.

I can see the tenuous connections developing between the Emperor and his Empress - and you almost make me feel sorry for him when you say things like "Certainly it couldn't hurt, alone here with his wife, to show that he was capable of amusement." Just shows how rigidly in control he's had to keep himself his entire adult life.

And poor Han - I have to admit that I never really thought about it in that light, but it's true - Captain Solo just doesn't seem to have much to do in the EU books. Kudos for tackling a tough subject like that head on.

Plotting scheming corporate types - gotta love it. And because you have such a way with characterization, I almost feel sorry for Lem Sedaris, having to deal with such a terrible father. But of course I want him to go down, and go down hard, because I'm rooting for Shelarne and Kezler.

Keep the chapters coming1
Annabella79 chapter 5 . 6/1/2006
I've always had a soft spot for Pellaeon. And I do like how you write Leia.

A
Krista chapter 5 . 5/31/2006
Well, I don't think your LOTR fic is silly (heck, you've got me reading it and I don't even like LOTR that much!).

Gotta just love Pelly. It was interesting to see the Emperor and Empress through his eyes. And goodie for Shelarne...she gets to be useful.

Horny Luke! I wonder how long it's going to take before he and Mara are doing the ol' lip lock. But I do like the description of the training exercises, and I also like Luke not being all that sure of himself. It makes him a lot more real. (And he's not a character I usually like all that much.)

Interesting setup for the political situation, too. I like all the different agendas, and I like reading how Leia deals with them. This Senator Sedaris sounds as if he needs an eye kept on him. Or maybe both.

I can't wait to see what happens next!
Krista chapter 4 . 5/9/2006
OK, that line where he says "When was I supposed to tell you, between the first and second or the second and thir times?" I lost it. That says so much about what went on without going into gory details. (Not that I would mind gory details, because you're really good at them, but...ahem.)

And something from Jonti's p.o.v. Delish! I love his rags to riches saga.

Now I see where you bring Mara into it. That's fun - she's a cool character, from what I can remember of Zahn's stuff, and you do a good job writing her. (OK, you do a good job writing everybody, as far as I can tell, but...)

I'm starting to see how things are going to get messy, though. More fun Imperial backstabbing!
furrylittlebantha chapter 4 . 5/9/2006
Without a whisper of doubt, this is far, far and away the best story running right now. I'd touch on all the the things that I love about the last three chapters, but the thing is, it might take a while, and I don't want to miss my graduation ceremony...next year.
Krista chapter 3 . 5/1/2006
Well, I'll leave a review on tf.n in a bit, but I thought I should give this story some love over here since it's getting overlooked (which it shouldn't...but I won't go into people's taste in reading material here).

Love Kezler's thought processes. He's so cold (mostly, LOL!). It's great how he's thinking about the public relations aspects of Pellaeon's return at his own wedding reception.

Leia is great, as always. "I would have sent a wedding present, but I didn't know where they were registered." LOL!

And what can I say about the wedding night except that you are the Queen of tasteful sex. Hat's off!

Can't wait for more! (And more, and more...)
thefragile7393 chapter 3 . 5/1/2006
Another awesome venture into the world of fan fiction! I can't wait for your next chapter!
Annabella79 chapter 3 . 4/30/2006
I'm glad finally let you update!

I'm looking forward to see how this story goes - it promises great intrigue.

And, it's silly, but I'm glad Shelarne enjoyed her wedding night. Kezler is a guy in an Imperial uniform - therefor, I'm rooting for him and want him to get the girl.