Reviews for Trial By Fire
addicted2text chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Ohh! This is THAT story!

Dude I've trying to find this story again for YEARS! This was one of the best alternaverse tales in the Ranmaverse I've ever read. Like others have said, eerily plausible! I've added this to my C2 group so I don't lose it again.
Howard Russell chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Very interesting and terrifyingly plausible.

Tofu has even more reason to freak at the thought of Kasumi. His memory of his first history has her cast as an older mother-figure. Then later, she's a little girl with a crush on him. That's the kind of mental contradiction that can understandably cause 'dancing with skeletons.'

I don't understand what your other reviewers were complaining about. It's very clear who was in the grave.

But the idea about the age reducing mushrooms has merit.
Answer Man chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
To Grandmaster:

1) Why would Ranma-Tofu bury his Ukyou under the name 'Akane'

He didn't. He buried his Ukyou under her name.

"Numbly, she stared at the simple marker stone, saw her own name staring back at her."

2) Why would this timeline's Ukyou refer to it as Akane's grave when in her timeline Akane is alive and well?

Because Ranma-Tofu said he was the only survivor of the trip to Phoenix Mountain in his timeline.

"The others, they all died."

Note that Ukyou only refers to it as Akane's grave until she sees that it isn't. A different fiancee went to Phoenix Mountain in Ranma-Tofu's timeline.
Grandmaster chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
It still does not make sence. Why would Ranma-Tofu bury his Ukyou under the name 'Akane' and why would this timeline's Ukyou refer to it as Akane's grave when in her timeline Akane is alive and well?
Campin' Carl chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
At Maximara: In Tofu's world, he ended up with Ukyo. UKYO had died at Jusendo, and it was Ukyo that Tofu had buried.

I like it. If you could, I think you should attempt to continue it. Much of it is open for you to do so.
T chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
This is quite possibly the best one-shot Ranma fanfiction I have ever read. Many kudos to you for writing this, explains a lot of things as well.
Maximara chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Interesting but there is one thing missing - the age mushrooms. With them Tofu-Ranma could become at least as young as Ukyou. Also if he "saved this world's Akane" then how can they be at Akane's gravesite as by the end of the manga canon Akane is alive and well?