Reviews for BLUE BOOK
StarWindDancer chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
"If I had been a perfect parent, would they be perfect beings? -Splinter."

Oh my, this last line, this last thought. Oh my. It sums up every parent and wrenches the heart so. I just loved the story, little Leo snippets around his brothers and life. The whole story was cute, especially the one brothers young view of the world. Really great. The last paragraphs... wow. Really shows a dynamic I hadn't thought of. Gets the story to go deep. Thanks for the wonderful fic. Keep it up!
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
Great story. It's cute. I think Splinter's a fine parent. No one's perfect. Great job. Write more good stories soon. You are a good writer.

The Bubbly One,

FireMimi chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
How rude to do that my diary is way more offending then anyone thinks it is because I'm always acting all happy so I don't let anyone see it so now I type it then I delete in case now -_- 1
Lunar-ninja chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
(giggles) Don's not smart? We shall see, Leo!

Oh, that was dastardly, Leo and Raph!

Good job, Kyabetsu! That was a good tot story!

Ashite Imasu,

Jessiy Landroz chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
aww, that was sad, yet touching, I could feel Leo and Splinter's sadness and hurt here, and ouch! it so sucks not to have privacy, that's why I belive journals are pounless, sicne anyone could just pick up and read them anyway, I'd rather keep my thoughts to myself, really, who knows how people would misunderstand what I'm thinking, and I've never been good with words to beging with...

gees, no wonder it takes me so much editing and so long to update ;
The Ghost of FF. Net chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Excellent! This was very well written and thought out and sweet. And Splinter's, just explained everything. I'm definitely going to have to look for more of your work. Brilliant story!
Ramica chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
This is such a wonderful tale. Poor Splinter his last thoughts on it are very touching, alas, all parents make mistakes and are not perfect.

Loved Mike and Leo's fight infinity infinity only MIke could come up with something like that, then Mike getting all upset because he decided he didn't want another brother and couldn't stop Don. Giving Mike the lightbulb for safe keeping? You have got yo be joking?...Then again Don will never see it again.
Goddess of Idun chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Aww, so cute! Feel sorry for Donny though, when they broke his 'mycroscope'. And poor Leo, they read his journal... I think this might've been my fave part:

Day 4 again: Mike tried to see my notebook. Donatello’s not smart really.

-Leonardo again.

lol! Really good work with this story!

pacphys chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Oh what a wonderful little story! And poor Leo, having his journal read by his brothers and torn up like that. Poor kid. Wonderful little story, and that last journal entry by Splinter was wonderful!

Ted chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
I liked Leo's journal entries. 'Sammich' :)
Tewi chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
aw ww! poor little Leo! it really is his brother's fault for being nosy and not respecting him (even if they were eight they still know to respect-especially with having a teaching MASTER)! GRR on them!

give up a portion of his desert! *shakes head sadly*

tearing his notebook just to really hurt Leo a lot! *closes eyes in sympathy and glares at young Rapheal* that's just horrible!

and wow, Splinter's got a lotta days! 4,002! WOW! and he found torn pieces of Leo's journal and kept them...aww, how cute!

and that makes sense ya know, why he's so guarded because his first thing of privacy was totaly CRAP!

this was a wonderful, awesome, magnificent, excellent, (perfect) story! loved it!
Trillian4210 chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
You're just amazing. This was wonderful: touching, sweet, smart, and funnier than hell. This was perfect: "Raph said it looked like the sammich took a poo. He used a different word and Splinter got mad."

You captured the voice of a child without being condescending or overly intelligent. The turtles' personalities were fully realized as *children*, not smaller versions of themselves only with limited vocabularies. The scene where Michelangelo begs Donatello not to make a clone and Donnie declares: the implications are staggering! was just genius. So very kid-like, but not a drop of cliche anywhere to be found.

And you are the only writer I've seen, so far,who does an omnipotent narrative without bogging down the prose or making it jarring and awkward. You blend it right in, add some humor and clever observation, and the result is incredible.

Please write more more more. Anything. A grocery list and I'll read it. ;)
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Very well done. I loved it emensely.

I have to say that whenever your name appears in a story alert, I practically do backflips to find time to read! I can't do flips, even if I wanted to, but in my mind's eye.,.

Anyway, I loved every step you took with this, the innocense of children reflected in journaled thoughts. Nicely done!

And it's one more look at how our fearless leader might have arrived at his current psychological state through these reflected series of events from his childhood. Very intuitive of you.

Off to my C2 file this goes.

Be blessed,

Splinter chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
*Does a cheer* OH HI O ! We are a state. Not unlike confusion which most of us live in constantly. But definitely not like infinity which is not a number...or is it?

Moving Right Along...very touching ending. Poor SPlinter. Second guessing yourself is one of the hallmarks of parenting. But he can take heart. Imagine how Jack the Rippers parents must have felt.

ANd no. Privacy? With three brothers? One of them Raphael (did you know that Rafael is one of the chosen names for a hurrican this season?) ...not likely. Leo needs a vault. And RAPH IS A BUTTHEAD
Cynlee chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
I am tempted to say that I am giving up writing Chibi stories- but that is just a knee-jerk reaction. This was brilliant! I could so relate to the privacy issue, and I only had two sisters.

I bow to you! That was funny and clever and very touching at the end. You made me laugh and then tear up. This goes on my C2 list.
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »