Reviews for Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent
MBridges chapter 15 . 10/14
Ok so I made it this far, however I'm finding this fic a bit slow. The story so far is basically a daily plod through year 5 with obvious differences from canon (it was written before canon, after all) but there is nothing much interesting happening, or at least the interesting things are diluted by the boring details of each day. Bonus points for a very well written fic, the author obviously knows how to write and doesn't mind proving it, but I'm giving up now and going to find a fic that is faster paced and/or has a bit more action. Perhaps I'm giving up too early - yeah, that thought has kept me going for a while now, but I've decided to risk it.

I think if I was reading this in 2001 or 2002 or whatever, my opinion would be very different. I'd be hanging on every word. However in 2018, there are a bunch of other fics to read that have built on earlier good ones and are better for it. This fic never had that chance, as it was one of the earlier good ones that later fics are built on. This fic is very well done for its time, but is now dated and I'm moving on.
just a person chapter 1 . 9/27
i am really enjoying this fanfic, it looks like you have put a lot of work into it
Laughing colours chapter 1 . 9/20
it's always a pleasure reading your stories. I came across your story more than a decade ago as a pdf and was hookedalthough I don't particularly like an H/G pairing I love reading your stories. thanks again for writing.
Alissie chapter 34 . 9/12
I found my way to this fic on the 17th anniversary of 9/11. One of those “funny” life coincidences, you know? I hadn’t realized how the timing had lined up, wow. That’s... that must have been something, reading it that very week. Wow.
I wish I had had this community back then. I spent the day online with my wonderful HP ladies yesterday telling our stories, as we all find ourselves doing each year. I can’t believe it’s been 17 years. I’m only 24, so saying it’s been 17 years since ANYTHING I can remember so clearly is mind-boggling to me.

Tomorrow I’ll start on the sequel. Work has been exhausting16 hour days with sometimes hours of downtime, doing tech at a theater, so having things to read really helps me from going mad. I love reading older fics. They’re not bogged down with all the same tropes you find yourself reading in the more current ones. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big Dramione fan! Give me some Marriage Law any day and I’ll be happy as a clam. But these long ones, where we follow Harry through years of school... it’s fulfilling in a different way.

I wonder what it’s like for you as a writer, getting feedback on a piece you wrote SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO. I wonder if you even still have this account!
fellow writer chapter 1 . 8/17
Hi. You are possibly being plagiarized by a scraper site: /fiction/harry-potter_harry-potter-and-the-psychic-serpent

We're talking about it here: r/FanFiction/comments/97ztbi/fanfictionscom_site_scraped_my_story/
jendel chapter 33 . 8/12
I was scrolling through a Facebook post in an HP group this morning when I saw this story recommended. I decided to check it out...and there went my Saturday. It’s 3am on Sunday and I just finished. Thank you for righting this and sharing. You have done a tremendous job writing the relationships. I’m thrilled to see there is a sequel, but I think I’m going to have to take a break before reading it. I’m sensing angst ahead.
Fuck you for not making it hhr in the end
Kushka chapter 34 . 7/6
Good story. Got a little Fed up with the I'm with you but still want the other romance bull.
Sheelahdog chapter 8 . 6/29
Argh. Every time I read "be responsible" I get mad and it throws me off. I'm a good reviewer. I always review. I don't like being told what to do. I keep saying I'm not going to say anything ...but it has to be said
KEB chapter 25 . 6/27
The story is good(obviously, you won an award) even if some of the relationships seem a little ridiculous(all the back and forth with liking several people).
Anyways, when you noted McGonagall's clan, I found out I'm from that clan. We have a crest with that motto, Touch not a cat bot a glove, so I looked up Clan MacBean and found that the my mom's family are from that area. Thought it was cool.
Thanks for writing.
Sheelahdog chapter 3 . 6/28
Hmm mm mm... things are looking up between Dudley and Harry.
Awesome!
pixelbun1 chapter 3 . 5/2
surely Snape would know Petunia and vice versa?
this is my second time reading it and i still love it! cudos bro
eeveegirl1994 chapter 2 . 3/8
I absolutely love that Duds and Harry are getting along. I have always wanted them to secretly do things together behind the dursley parent's backs.

And to think, it's because Aunt Petunia wanted her lil'Dudly-wumpkins to get some exercise!
1,835 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »