Reviews for Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent
SirMandokarla chapter 6 . 8/21/2015
So... You forgot the Thestrals, Hagrid is back, clearly with no Grawp, there's been an implication of rape, Luna Lovegood is nowhere to be seen, and all the drama is coming from girls fawning over Harry? I'd heard this was supposed to a good story, perhaps the second best HP fanfic around. Look, just because you get rid of Umbridge doesn't mean you can do anything you want. You left out LUNA.

Well, I guess it's a reader's prerogative. I'll check out another chapter, last chance-style.

Really, a fanfic has the right to change a great many things, and it's fine if I happen to disagree with what you've changed. Overall, it's well-written. It's just that the romance/drama focus, while expected, was kinda like expecting a tablespoon of vanilla extract in your cookies and getting half a cup.
Amanthya chapter 1 . 8/18/2015
It seems silly to have a psychic snake when she could've just noticed the instability of the rocks, what with her ground view and all. I do appreciate that Harry realizes that just being able to talk to snakes doesn't mean he can understand them.

And I'm sure you've heard, but Krum would never demean himself by accepting a position as a backup on a lousy Quidditch team. You might want to edit and correct that. It drives people who follow canon as much as possible in terms of background details a little nuts.
kets0909 chapter 34 . 8/18/2015
I normally don't read Harry Potter fanfics cause somehow they ruin the whole experience of the actual Harry Potter plotlines cause most of them aren't written so well and lack creativity. But a friend recommeded psychic serpent to me and I am blown away! completely mesmerized! Barb i never say this, but this could very well be an addition/alternate ending to the actual plotlines. It had everything from smut, to tragedy, to romance and friendship. very few authors have portray Dudley in a good light and I'm kinda crushing on your good Dudley! Thank you Barb for the gigivn the world Pyschic Serpent!3
BlackRyuji chapter 3 . 8/12/2015
Utterly ridiculous and also boring...No thank you.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/29/2015
lovely story so far
Blazeb79 chapter 33 . 7/22/2015
Great story but how mione blames harry for being oblivious to her advances when she can't even see rons .
Blazeb79 chapter 6 . 7/21/2015
Argh... I understand why he's slow about women but its so dam frustrating.
Guest chapter 22 . 7/8/2015
I seems everyone in the dueling club has forgotten about shield charms.
tanzar81 chapter 34 . 6/30/2015
I'm not saying that this is not a good story. Because it is obvious that it is.
My issue is, I don't see how it won an award for Romance. To me and I had a friend read it. We both agree it is more of a drama. So much drama. Sure its based around some romance. Oh and don't forget the angst.

But anyway that is just a couple of peoples opinions. And I would have voted for your story. Just not under Romance. It was a very well written story. Fanfic or otherwise.
potterhead54targaryen chapter 1 . 6/30/2015
I do not usually review but i had too... This is a good stroy.. But it is not a h/hr story... I love this pairing nad started reading it only because the summary and category was as such. But its not... I was so disappointed coz i kept reading hoping for things to change but it did not... The story is good just put it in appropriate category... So as people are not fooled...
Sorry if this hurt you... But i was seriously sad about the whole thing... It leaves a bad taste
Jane chapter 29 . 5/28/2015
i have to study for my exams! But this story is driving me mad if i don't finish it! Love this too much!
Guest chapter 3 . 5/26/2015
Lameness level over 9000
Guest chapter 14 . 4/26/2015
This is really weird... I don't know but something feels... off ... about the Weasleys. Harry is suddenly lusting after Ginny after he got tge basilisk necklace and suddenly at the burrow Ginny and Ron turn out to be the most amazing Quidditch players ever, and Cho is now enthusiatically kissing Harry, and Ginny is now the most lusted after girl in the school... It just feels wrong. And its really bothering me that Ginny is a better seeker than Harry, I just feel like she and Ron are cheating somehow...
Bronze chapter 1 . 4/21/2015
Very interesting so far. Though I have to wonder how far ahead and how distant the Boa from the zoo could see.
Guest chapter 26 . 4/2/2015
It's a good story, but I hate how you keep messing up the names of people. Neville's mother's name is Alice. Another thing, Harry couldn't have gotten into Hermione's room at all because of the spell on the stairs.
1,929 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »