Reviews for Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent
Guest chapter 16 . 10/23/2014
Why is Harry pushing Ron to ask hermonie out in this story not only does she not like Ron as a boyfriend she does not like him as a friend as she called Him a stupid gint. A little boy.
neverred chapter 23 . 10/2/2014
That was mean of Hermione to not share what the cunfoundus did :(
rocketmom chapter 34 . 9/22/2014
This was a really good trilogy and I enjoyed reading it. By the third story I had a hard time keeping up with the fate of all of the characters in each timeline and it didn't help that many of them jumped from light to dark and vice versa.
It took me over a week to get through all three stories and I was a little dismayed that I had to switch sites to finish the last. The new site doesn't let you increase the font size like fan fiction does so it was a bit harder to read the ending. You have a great imagination and I hope that you continue to write.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
A thoroughly mediocre story.. Your characterisation of H and Hr is one of the worst.. You make out Hermione to be some sort of cheap tart whore who is throwing herself at Harry without thought and risking their friendship.. But real Hermione is the Hermione depicted in any of robst's stories.. Now he is an excellent author . You are a bad, talentless author who makes a decent, proper schoolgirl like Hermione look like a cheap whore..
WEDFGHGHN chapter 34 . 9/14/2014
Brilliant
Lori chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
I have been reading the annotations that you are doing, and that made me realize it has been a long time since I read these original stories. I am happy to be re-reading them. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed them the first time through. This has always been one of my favorite fics, and now I remember why.
MinnieCat5 chapter 34 . 7/17/2014
I've discovered that you've moved on from . But solely because of this chapter, I believe that you should never remove this story.

It's been nearly thirteen years since 9/11, and yet, it's still something that is always in the back of my mind. I wonder if that's the case for most people my age, but unfortunately, I doubt it; I was in kindergarten when the towers fell. I hardly remember it. But I do know that the event itself was something that I have carried with me every year since; I significantly remember making note of the day with slight trepidation on September 11th of the years following until about seventh grade. I seem to always look at the clock at 9:11, and I remember. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I used to disturb my mother with this.

With all of the horrors that have happened in the years since, both at home and around the world, the things you said in this afterword, and throughout your story, are still so relevant. While reading I thought about the things said in relation to what I know about the world today. It's unfortunate that what you said you feared, about the generalization and ostracism of Muslims, has come to pass. When I was in tenth grade my AP World History teacher had a Muslim man come speak to our class about the basic facts of his religion; the tenants, the history... But a parent blew it out of proportion because their child felt like they were being converted and suddenly my teacher and our speaker were accused of being terrorists or at least sympathizing with terrorists by a Christian hate group, and my teacher had to go before the school board and defend herself. It was ludicrous. I hope people can let all that prejudice and hate go some day.

Anyway, this afterword was in some ways the most important part of this story. It remains over a decade later as a reminder, especially to people too young to remember - and even, soon, too young to have been alive - of how people banded together and proved that happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

On a lighter note: I loved your story, and intend on visiting fiction alley to read the other two stories in your trilogy :).
MinnieCat5 chapter 8 . 7/12/2014
(I know this story is thirteen years old, but I can't help myself but review).

My attempt at translating the tarot reading:

-""You had a mortal enemy," ... "He no longer wishes to be your enemy," she said, tapping a card with a snake on it. "This is you," she said, tapping a card with a winged lion. "He has seen your power and—he wishes to recruit you"..."But he has withdrawn from you—he will send his servants to you instead." She turned over a card. "A man who betrayed your family."... She turned over another card. "A man whose son is also your enemy."..."But the son—" she tapped a card with a dragon on it"—may not be your enemy for much longer." ... "And—" she paused after turning over another card. "—your mortal enemy's heir." ... The card depicted some sort of raptor, a huge bird of prey."

-Okay. So Voldemort wants to recruit Harry instead of fight him, and he's going to send Wormtail, and probably Lucius Malfoy. Draco and Harry are going to make amends like Harry and Dudley and become friends. At this point, only the bird is a clue to the identity of the heir.

-"She turned over more cards. "There are three women in your life." ... "One is an older woman, but there is much guilt in that...you once desired her, but you are no longer interested." ... "Two others: She—" Trelawney tapped a card with a picture of the winged messenger of the gods on it. "—is torn between you and—" Flip! went the card. "—your brother." ... "—who will turn on you for taking her from him. But she—" Trelawney held up the lovers card. "—she is your true love, a warrior woman, your soul mate—although you must wait for her...she will be with another for a while, but remain pure, waiting for you. Only together can you defeat your mortal enemy."

-The older woman is obviously Cho, as you stated. The other two cards confuse me. I was debating whether or not you were still referring to the woman his "brother" would turn on him over when you were talking about the true love. It sounded like you meant the same person (be with someone else for a while?), but there was kind of a transition and you did say there were three women (and the next part makes a distinction between the lusted and the loved). So I'm going off the assumption that you were talking about two different women. The first would be Hermione. Ron would be the jealous brother she's torn over. Then Ginny's would have to be the "warrior woman", "soul mate", although I'm confused over the "being with someone else", which applies better to Hermione, (and over the fact that I thought this was a Harry/Hermione).

-""Well, there are other connections. See, the woman you lust after—" Harry was jolted as she tapped the messenger card again. "—is linked with the heir of your foe. She is being held prisoner by him."... "And the older woman is connected to your enemy's servant—" she pointed to the card that was not Wormtail. ... Then she pointed out that the card that was the son (the one with the dragon on it), the one who would not be his enemy for long, was connected to the lovers card. "Your true love will be torn—but when she finally comes to you, he will turn on you—and yet, he will also be needed to help you defeat your foe.""

-Okay, going over that again I think I see now about the "will be with someone else". But I'm starting from the beginning. The lusted one is Hermione, and she's being held captive by Krum, so *GASP* Krum is Voldemort's heir. I don't know how Cho is connected to Lucius Malfoy, but I did have a theory earlier that Alicia is under the Imperious Curse, so the older woman could be her, except for the fact that I can't see how that connects to Harry once desiring the older woman but now doesn't because of guilt. As for the connection between the dragon card and the lover card, that indicates that Draco and Ginny will get together, which would make Harry's true love being with someone else apply to Ginny. Ginny will be torn, but choose Harry. Draco will feel hurt and betrayed, but he will stand with Harry at the end, and he and Ginny will help him beat Voldemort.

-"... "And now, the last two cards." She put another card on what he thought of as Wormtail's card (he now noticed that it in fact depicted a large rat). "Another brother," ..."And for him, at the hand of the traitor..." and she turned over the last card. It was the Spectre..."...This—" she tapped the deadly-looking card, "—can just mean a change, a transition." ... "Ah—" she said, "and your mortal enemy will tempt you with your most deeply-held desire—it is a fourth woman—you love each other—""

-So the other brother could very well be Malfoy. Or it could be Dudley, but it's more likely to be Malfoy. The traitor bringing change into his life is a bit more vague and I'm trying to twist it positively (I.e. Wormtail doesn't kill Draco). Perhaps Draco was concealing his friendship with Harry, and Wormtail exposes it with his sneaky rat skills. I don't know. That could mean anything. It's clear to me, however, that the fourth woman is Lily Potter. I just don't know how Voldemort intends to tempt Harry with someone who's dead. An illusion, a deception to trick him into joining? Dark magic? Death?

"You will be confronted with a choice. And if you do not choose wisely—" suddenly, her voice caught as she gazed at the cards. "The world as we know it will end," she said softly.

-Straightforward to the point where the choice could really be anything.

I hope I did well in my predictions :). If my guesses are any indication, this story is bound to be far more interesting than and NOT as straightforward as I expected. Me likey. I'm enjoying it so far (although I think you might be laying Hermione's sex appeal on a little too thick; she's supposed to be plain. Harry goggling, okay. Dudley goggling, sure. Bill Weasley? The twins? Maybe even Malfoy? No. Yeah...no.). Otherwise, very good, very interesting, and I doubt I will accomplish anything for the next few days because my nose will be glued to whatever device I'm reading this story on.
MinnieCat5 chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
I have high hopes for this fanfic, and I (currently) don't actually like the Harry/Hermione pairing. However, I have an open mind (I used to be disgusted by Hermione/Severus, and now...well (: ). I'm honestly just desperate for a well written story after the 31 chapters of sad mediocrity I recently put myself through. That story probably enhanced the impact of your good writing for me, because I was impressed by the first paragraph and thanking the fan fiction gods that I found something good. Even if it is Harry/Hermione. I hope you can turn me :).
PennedPages chapter 31 . 6/27/2014
Dahm and I really started to like Dudly you Asshole you are a dahm good writer you actually almost got me to cry...almost
Guest chapter 3 . 4/16/2014
Why don't you use quotation marks when people are talking? It does get confusing.
Shawna9301 chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
great story so far.
Andrius chapter 31 . 11/8/2013
I think it was stupid of Harry to destroy the tape without listening to it all. Wormtail might have inadvertently revealed some useful information.

That being said, I think it's creative (if that's the best word?) how Death Eaters are messing with Harry's mind. Other stories usually have DEs attacking Harry physically, but here they're trying to destroy him psychologically as well.
Philosophize chapter 4 . 10/27/2013
A lot of text and all the quote marks are missing, making this hard to read.
daemonbarber chapter 3 . 10/17/2013
If anyone is as confused as I am by the lack of quotes - google the title of the fic, other sites have this story without any of the formatting issues. Don't try to read it without them, as entire blocks of conversation are missing here.

Enjoying the story though!
1,929 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »