Reviews for Lothlorien's Winter
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Very good.
Moiraine123 chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
adele4 chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
I loved this, especially these lines: "Around her, the boughs of Laurelindorenan were all shedding their crowns. In a sad way it was beautiful, a golden snowfall in autumn. For the first time since its creation, Lothlorien was finally meeting winter.

There was still birdsong, yet it sounded distilled and far away. A breeze stirred through the trees, and Arwen pulled her cloak further around herself.", the images it conjures up.

The whole story is beautiful.

I liked the passage about Galadriel too; I've always found her impressive but not very likeable, and I disagree with the review who said she's not responsible for Boromir's demise (though, I might not be fully objective): she did made things worse at least, imo.
J. Dawnwolf chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Beautiful. There are few other words. You clearly know the world of Arda well, and its mythology. To conjure up Daeron is a beautiful touch, and the close of the piece is wonderful. This is becoming a eulogy itself, I have no doubt, for it should be so. You have restored my faith in the LotR fandom.
Dreaming n Watercolors chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
This was absolutely lovely!
Vana Tuivana chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
Oh... just beautiful. Utterly still and quiet and haunting. I really don't have the words, but I love it.

I thought the singer at the end would be Maglor, but Daeron is a fitting choice. Lovely story!
kingmaker chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Very nice take on Arwen's end. The prose is written quite artfully.
Lillz chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
so achingly beautiful

u made me want to cry. what a fantastic story

lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
This was haunting and beautful, a lovely bitterswweet story.

Just a couple of minor details,I doubt anyone would talk of Arwen remarrying or the court come out of mourning as it seems she leaves very soon after Aragorn's death. 'But Arwen went forth from the House, and the light of her eyes was quenched, and it seemed to her people that she had become cold and grey as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Then she said farewell to Eldarion, and to her daughters, and to all whom she had loved; and she went out from the city of Minas Tirith and passed away to the land of Lórien, and dwelt there alone under the fading trees until winter came.

Gladriel gives Aragorn a scabbard and the Elessar,not a ring and a tabard,and I do not think she caused Boromir's downfall,only disturbed him as she knew what he was thinking,but the thoughts were already there.

You are a gifted writer and I enjoyed this very much.
mata chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Wow, that was very beautiful. *sniffles*