Reviews for The Swimming Pool
seusswizard chapter 1 . 2/12
I've always imagined Pee-Wee Herman, based on all his in-character interviews with David Letterman in the 80's (which are all on YouTube so check em' out), that he spent his entire childhood obsessed with toys, jokes and antics. He often refers to himself as if he's still a child, like saying he's "the luckiest BOY in the world" in the original Pee-Wee Herman stage show, but I think he just held onto that mentality. His (gay fathers, I assume?) paying for his own personal Playhouse, to do with however he pleases, due to their increasing embarrassment towards him, is a fantastic idea (Perhaps he had no interest in finding a job or going to school, so they wanted him out of the house?). Though, I was always curious where he went to on his scooter at the end of every episode. It was always so abrupt and sudden, as if he HAD to leave right then. Anyway, Pee-Wee reflecting on his daddy issues throughout his Playhouse adventures when his friends weren't paying attention is a hilarious idea and I'd love to see what else you can come up with. Please write more! You're welcome to use any of my ideas :)
indigosweater chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
This is really friggin' good. I like that you added some sadness to his backstory, because I think it really goes with the character. The only thing I think would have made it even better would be if it were a little longer- I think the concept could definitely be expanded on even further, but no matter, that's just me. You did a good job.
NFC chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
I love this Story.

Your Idea of Pee-Wee's Backstory is great But also a bit sad.

Love how you mentioned his smudge make-up and tito the lifegaurd.

Please write some more stories on Pee-wee,you really capture him and the craziness of the show.
Sparki chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Thiis adorable and poignant at the same time. The way Pee-wee described his relationship with his folks brought tears to my eyes. And the description of Tito the lifeguard was delightfully slashy. Another chapter, please.
kelloell chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
yeah, it's the same thing as ur other story, i hav no idea where this would really go, but not in the 24 section. i've never heard of anybody named peewee herman
French Egg chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
What the $#%? I do believe you have the wrong section, my love.