Reviews for As the World Falls Down
Anaih323 chapter 20 . 3/8
Such a fun ride. Cute end-er... beginning.
Riabhach chapter 20 . 2/12
I loved this and that the titles of each chapter were a David Bowie song or lyric.
Scarlett Foxie chapter 20 . 1/20
I enjoyed. Thank you for posting.
jareth bra chapter 17 . 9/13/2015
The song is shadow man im pretty sure
RAGAnne chapter 20 . 8/21/2015
In honor of (the probably mostly unofficial) Fanfic Writers Appreciation Day I have been going through my list of favorite stories and dropping a note to the authors (since I've been terrible at writing reviews at the time they were written). I just wanted to let you know that this remains one of my all-time favorite Labyrinth stories. I love the plot, the romance . . . even the original characters. And I love that you wrote a sequel so I could revisit this world in 2 different stories. Thanks for all your hard work.
nozomiwinter chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
nice.
Shiori Kudo chapter 7 . 5/16/2015
I KNEW Delaine was Jareth's sister!
Adorian chapter 13 . 1/4/2015
The expression is "have another think coming", not "have another thing coming." That makes no sense at all. You think about something, somebody says you're mistaken and you'd better think about it again: you have another think coming. See? I hate it when people get these ordinary expressions wrong.
Honoria Granger chapter 4 . 1/4/2015
I love this story! But what did he put in that glass she drank, that he was so careful to watch her drink it all down?
Guest chapter 20 . 12/16/2014
Hahahaha! Brilliant! I loved it! Thank you!
Bloodsired chapter 20 . 8/23/2014
Wonderful story!
Raining Daylight chapter 20 . 7/12/2014
I love the way you ended the story. It was very appealling to my fluff side. :D
Starviking chapter 4 . 5/25/2014
Jareth didn't mispronounce Hoggle's name! That's a hint of bad tidings.
becca85 chapter 20 . 3/14/2013
WOW!

I'm not entirely sure why, but I found this story hard to get into at first, during the first couple of chapters. I can't even tell you what it was about it that was making it difficult, but I almost stopped reading. I'm really glad that I didn't, though.

I opened up chapter three at work this morning and I just finished the rest of the story a few minutes ago. I couldn't stop myself! Maybe I just needed a little bit of conflict and action to get my attention. This is, by far, one of the best fanfics I've ever read, not just in the Labyrinth category, but through all the categories I've ever delved into. It's probably one of the best short stories I've ever read.

The characters were very well written, both those from Jim Henson's imagination and also the characters from your own. Jareth's background seemed to fit his character wonderfully and it was nice to see some of the things that molded him into the person that he is. Sarah did an excellent job of resisting him and not falling easily into his arms (like so many other fanfics I've read). I think they both effectively overcame the conflicting issues that were between them from the movie.

I was a little dismayed at Hoggle's backstory, but after giving it some thought, it worked very nicely and was believable in regards to his character. Jareth's sister was an incredible addition! I've always been hesitant to read stories where Jareth has living family that plays a prominent role in the story (especially since the last one I started reading was so grammatically bad that I had to stop reading it-that's not even going into how poorly constructed the plot was), but this one was perfect!

Your description of the Labyrinth was beautiful. I could actually picture it in my mind's eye. Makes one want to live there. You also answered so many questions I had that had risen from the movie the many times I've watched it. It was also fun trying to pick out many modern-culture references that were in the story. Now that I think about it, I wish I had kept a list of them, as there were so many. The Chronicles of Narnia reference was very blatant, but I'm sure I also saw Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and even an X-Men reference, among many other that have escaped my recollection.

I really hope there is a sequel about Sarah and Toby's life in the Underground, or even a one-shot about Rajad and Delaine (either their married days or their seemingly renewed friendship). Either story would be a story well worth being told by you.

Lastly, can I just take up residence in your imagination? It seems like a very fun place to live. I hope to see more from you soon. I haven't checked our your profile yet, so I don't know if you've written anything else, or if you're even still writing, but I hope you are. An excellent writer on this site is very hard to find.

- Becca
Honoria Granger chapter 20 . 2/4/2013
You probably won't see this review-it's been a long time and the story's done-but I just wanted to tell you how very excellent a job you did with this and how much I enjoyed it. It's a great, great story...and it's got correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and word usage! Well done indeed! One of the absolute best. Thank you.