Reviews for Son of Apophis
NekomataFangirl chapter 15 . 11/25/2014
Every time something gets even remotely serious, there is a phrase that makes me laugh out loud. This time the credit goes to Honda after he finds out Mikah's been dragged to see a psychiatrist. I am very fond of such set up, it is an amusing and rewarding read.

Minkah's quite adorable in his fantasies of revenge. For some reason it's like having a cat plotting to kill you- yes you may be in grave danger but damn, it is cute.

Who is that person Minkah wants to be around in Egypt? I hope it doesn't turn out to be his mother's grave or anything like this, it would be rewarding if it was a living person. Hinting at this constantly without giving us more insight into this curious bit is a real tease!

Kaiba's a charmer- he is having twenty more people exterminated just to get more time to ensnare Minkah. If that doesn't spell out 'affection' then nothing does.

I had my heart in my throat when Misa jumped towards Minkah. The writer's mission is accomplished.

Poor guys- they think they got through to Minkah but it's all a big mistification :/ But oh, maybe he will actually come to like hanging out with the guys. It doesn't really matter, as he cannot run away fro Apophis. He's screwed either way.
NekomataFangirl chapter 14 . 11/25/2014
What should a hired murderer with antisocial tendencies do, so that no-one finds out he works for Kaiba and kills people at nighttime?
- NOT disappear at nighttime repeatedly when others are already suspicious
- NOT draw gore and leave it on the desk
- NOT carry a knife and a bloodied hanky on him just cause he's fond of it
- NOT draw any attention to himself that would make every single person question why he's so weird
- NOT give opinion on the real-life angles of blood squirting out of the jugular when asked for an opinion on a horror movie
Well done Minkah.

'I guess he REALLY wanted to leave'- a standing ovation is in place for this line xD

Interesting thing developing there with Fenyang and Ryouhis friends. I wonder what 'take care of them' means. Unfortunately so far the body count is still on mere 3, so perhaps that hints on increasing this number... perhaps Fenyang could opt in for something as non-suspicious as a car crash when all friends are going for a trip or something- kill two birds with one stone. Though I know that won't happen- killing everyone off would be too easy and would take that wonderful edge of the story
NekomataFangirl chapter 13 . 11/25/2014
Charles doesn't want Ryou to know Minkah's his brother not to protect Ryou, but for the sake of his own image. He is self-centred, causing the boy an increasing amount of unpleasantries. And I thought he wanted to redeem himself.
I'm not going to comment further on Minkah's remark on Malik ;)

Why is Kaiba so desperate? I guess he desires what he cannot get for that exact reason. This is going to get ugly somewhere along the storyline, right? Kaiba is thinking of Minkah who is thinking of Malik who is thinking of Yami. All we need now is Yami to start oogling someone out and we will have a beefcake ready.
NekomataFangirl chapter 12 . 11/24/2014
'Yami's shrimp brother' I swear this fic makes me hyper, and dangerously happy!

Ryou you clever devil. HA, I knew Charles was his daddy-o. And Ryou was already suspecting it.

I devoured this chapter with hunger. Next one please
NekomataFangirl chapter 11 . 11/24/2014
'A girl was murdered. That makes it a three day weekend'- this is why I love this piece.
Is Marik hinting at his brother and Yami having has sex in his presence before? Good lord, I bet if the kid could scream, he would!

Stupid Minkah! Kaiba's surveilance and as much as Kaiba talking to him in public is totally a NO-NO, but not coming home for the night at all, drawing gore and leaving a notebook with said illustrated gore out on your desk is perfectly fine.

The woman Minkah drew is his mother isn't she...

Minkah will know they've touched the notebook

The money for the assignment is being sent to Ireland- my hypothesis is that that Irish janitor wo chased Malik and Yami is the boss of that whole Egyptian mafia, and he is in Japan posing as a janitor only so he can launder dirty money in peace ;)
NekomataFangirl chapter 10 . 11/24/2014
I see, so they guys weren't friends with Mazaki.

The guys should never bloody mess with kaiba ever again- he hires people to kill others. Umm haing Minkah stay at his overnight isn't suspicious AT ALL. Kaiba! To quote Little Kuriboh: just fuck already!

And so Charles knows about Minkah being a hitman. Ryou will break in half when he uncovers this whole conspiracy.

This chapter was interesting to read, mostly because of the glimpse into the blonde's past I have been anticipating so much. The bits about Minkah meeting Charles are quite weird too
NekomataFangirl chapter 9 . 11/24/2014
The murder scene is beautifully described. I can feel Minka's pleasure in what he does. The body count goes straight to 3. Poor guys, they will get depressed when they find out Anzu's been murdered ( I take that was Anzu, right?)

Was that the whole assignment Kaiba dragged Minkah across half of the earth for? I bet that was just an excuse to sleep with him, judging by Kaiba's actions so far

Nooooo, no-one's absolutely going to be suspicious about the Mazaki's murder, after Minkah first beats people very brutally at school and is not as much as miffed about the injuries he's caused and blood on his hands, and then disappears to god knows where, at the exactly same time the people were killed. Absolutely not one person will link those two. Minkah, you're daft sometimes! If he is as much as glancing to see if he forgot something- that means he probably has.

This was a nice, solid chapter with some much needed gore and crime happening.
NekomataFangirl chapter 8 . 11/24/2014
aaaaaand now the whole school knows MinkahKaiba are up to something. Great going Kaiba.

That cobra tatto on Minkah's arm is probably something signifying his ties with the gang back in Egypt- probably a tattoo all members sport. Yami has noted it. MinkahKaiba will soon be completly de-masked. All thanks to Kaiba again. Not even adding Min has been in Japan for about a day and Kaiba's already all over him. ALL alarm bells ringing!

'giving willies''giving the creeps'? My soul is bawling with laughter, as my body is forbidden due to the early hour. Now I am in such a good and giggly mood that every line seems to be fuelling it further. This fic is very potent! I cannot stop laughing my internal ass off! Absolute gratitude to the author for making this piece's latest chapters SO damn up my street kind of funny!

We are going deeper into Marik's mind. His past and reasons are more intriguing to me than Minkah's. I feel perhaps that may be essential somewhere in the later development of the story. Once again- it is interesting to see his person being written as so damaged and vulnerable as opposed to either crazed and power hungry, or the friendly no-one's man.

The motif with the principal is like something out a very good 80's film. SO satisfying. Nice to have seen it from the principal's perspective.

FUCK that cliffie there! It is outright cruel! I am totally relishing in being able to read the next chapter now muahaha!
NekomataFangirl chapter 7 . 11/24/2014
Seems funny to call someone jumping out of a garbage can a 'Mister'. I should not laugh because Jou is scalded, but oh!

Eugh I cannot stand Kaiba's sexual tension... why is it so creepy

Haa Yami and Malik getting chased away with a dirty mop by an Irish-sounding janitor (right out of The Simpsons!). This story is 24ct Aurum!

Kaiba is blabbering about precautions when Yami is not only hearing all this highly secretive stuff that no-one ever but ever can know about, but also confused to the core about both of them crawling out of the came stall. How much more outrageous amusement can one fit in this story! Forget the gold. Make this chapter platinum!

Seriously with the amount of Kaiba's hormones and other hilarity in this chapter, I fully expected someone's shower towel to slip off their hips as they're dealing with Yami!
NekomataFangirl chapter 6 . 11/24/2014
Stupid Minkah- a greatlly skilled assasin who lets everyone find out he snuck out of the house.

OMG WAS Kaiba hitting on Minkah? Whatever it was, it was creepy and made me feel uncomfortable. I like.

So Ryou is already beginning to blame his father for stuff. Good. Everyone notices how Minkah resembles Charles. Pretty sure that's because he is his son, now I am nearly 100% sure. Unless we are meant to be tricked into thinking like this :D

Pfft Minkah assassinating without casting suspicion onto K.C.? He can't even leave the house without raising a suspicion of everyone within a 5 mile radius.

Ha, so Yami is not passing a chance of seeing Kaiba being pranked? And I thought he'd want nothing to do with it. Ahh they are gonna get in trouble :D

Who the hell would actually turn up for a 6AM detention? After class you have to stay, you cannot run it, but who, naughty enough to get a detention in the first place, would willingly come to a 6am detention? I know I'd never and I never even got a detention.

OH MY DEAR! NEXT CHAPTER NOW! everyone is going to die!
NekomataFangirl chapter 5 . 11/24/2014
Kaiba's cold and nasty. Him and Minkah would make a nice couple of nasty ashmoles. He is actually quite brave, walking around pissing off people who are known to beat up other people.

I wonder how nasty the prank will be. Hopefully very nasty. Kaiba needs to be shot off his high horse!

Minkah's been trained in resisting torture? What have those people back in Egypt done to this young man. every training ends with a test...

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I think Min is a pro killer and those people will have him try to assassinate Kaiba, and somehow the prank will have the good boys being blames for the mess. Then Ryou will find out about his rowdy father and will kill him in resentment, both white haired boys will then return to Egypt. DEFINITELY getting ahead of myself. This ficcy does that- it has my head explode trying to figure everything out. I love it- it is utterly annoying but I wouldn't have it any other way! Every line has me assume a whole new outcome, as I try to link scraps of wisely planted information together to form a coherent body.

Ha! And I was totally wrong! Minkah will be working FOR Kaiba! Something tells me, by the end of this story my mind will be absolutely blown. I. Cannot. Wait

So being rescued by Charles is a cover up for going to Domino to do Kaiba's bidding? Or is for real that people are after Minkah? Or maybe they physically are, but that is faked too? And then why make a huge deal with all that animosity with Charles? I'm on my tiptoes.

P.S I am reviewing as I read, as always, as the end of each chapter nearly always has me jolting straight to the next one, not giving me the chances to write my thoughts with much coherence, and through my excitement I forget most of my points.

P.P.S Maybe the prank will actually expose Kaiba in his murder-planning, thus doing the same to Minkah, and that's when the whole shit will hit the fan..? Brain insist on attempting to make sense of it all.
NekomataFangirl chapter 4 . 11/24/2014
The name of the chapter makes me deduct the reunion will consist of Minkah largely hating everyone for not being as miserable as he is.

Ryou is finally witnessing his father projecting his authority.

Damn, Minkah has some orders. Ohh this story is a huge tease- the chapters are rolling and the substance thickens, yet without giving many answers! I like that very much.

WTF Minkah is out to kill Charles? Ok, kill the nice man, just spare Misa. This boy is horrible! I think I'm jealous of him because he is careless and he is having a shitload of fun I would never dare to pursue in the way he does.
I think I got the above wrong- he is after Ryou not his father :/ Why do you want to kill a teenage boy who is only guilty of not having as messed up life as yours?!
Wait, no, I am sure he is after Charles. And his shower monologue tells me it may not be completely undeserved. Is Minkah Charles' son? Because THAT would ruin Ryou's opinion of his father- something Minkah mentions.

That would make perfect sense- Minkah's white hair, him mentioning ONLY his mother, the guy on the phone nearly dying of surprise when Ryou introduced himself as Charle's son... after all they'd know Minkah's his son...

MORE NOW PLEASE!
NekomataFangirl chapter 3 . 11/24/2014
Something tells me Ryou may quickly come to regret his excitement.

Ah, so there we have the explanation for Marik's way of being. And he himself thinks it screwed him up pretty badly. Hmmm

Oh cough it up already Charles, I want to know all the juicy bits!

So Minkah remembers his mother. I wonder how he came to be associated with the bad guys.

Can we please not have Minkah kill Misa? I have a horrid feeling the feline will end up being butchered by the cousin... perhaps I've seen too many films where a pet is only present for that purpose.
NekomataFangirl chapter 2 . 11/24/2014
I have posted my review before reading the after-chapter notes, where it has been revealed to me Marik will die in one of the fics I have not read yet. I don't think this qualifies as a spoiler, perhaps if I read all stories chronologicaly this would not happen. Well, at least this one did not give me the near-hart attack a description of one particular story lead to ;)

Now for chapter 2:

Those are pretty short chapters, particularly if one looks at As I Fall, but they are nicely written and well balanced. Malik and Yami are adorable, I am becoming somewhat jealous of their idyllic time. Marik really is awfully sensitive when it comes to people shouting, and his fear morphs into anger from what I read. I wonder if we will be given more insight into why Marik is this way, and foremostly, why they're all living together.

Minkah sounds cute, like a mink, and those I like. Aaaaand then the whole creepiness of the room comes in, along with Minkah's knife, how he counted arachnid egg sacks in the room and his mention of 'assignments'. Cuteness of the name flies out of the window. But I am liking this. He seems to dislike people, though this may only apply to adults- I wonder what he will make out of the sweetlings back in Domino.

And now it's hinted that he's killed people before...AWESOME

'I'm not going to peep out of the fucking window'. 10 seconds later: 'I lunge for the window (...)' Ha!

Uh, Minkah is hating other people's happiness...this will not be good for the guys back in Japan. But then of he dares to be nasty to Ryou, he will have the rest of the lads on his head. However he could probably take them on without a problem. But he needs the safety of the Bakura residence and he is probably aware of it. I'm impatient, I want to see where this all goes.
NekomataFangirl chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
It makes a pleasant change to see Marik, Yugi and their hikaris all cooperate and form a group where positive emotions are a priority. The yamis are protective of all of all hikaris, and yet with that in place, the strong framework of the original YGO characters is not lost. I a wondering what Bakura will be like- will he be the traditional evil bastard who may or may not actually care, or will he be a weak and broken lad, with demons stemming from his bad time in Egypt. I was also surprised to see Charles Bakura alive and present. He wants to take care of his son, the only member of his very immediate family that is still around (as far as we know) and yet he fails and sees his son has matured- not only has Charles suffered the death of Amane an her mother, now he realises he has missed out on seeing Ryou's progression from a child to a teen too.

It's usually Ryou who is put in the role of the delicate boy. It pleases me that this time it is someone else (Marik). This means Ryou is factually capable of taking care of someone else, as opposed to usually being the one everyone tries to calm down/glue together/save, as his state leaves him unable to do such himself.

The beginning of the story is pleasant and warm and paints an idealistic picture. But we all know there just has to be something ultra interesting festering underneath all this.
637 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »