Reviews for Son of Apophis
NekomataFangirl chapter 3 . 11/24/2014
Something tells me Ryou may quickly come to regret his excitement.

Ah, so there we have the explanation for Marik's way of being. And he himself thinks it screwed him up pretty badly. Hmmm

Oh cough it up already Charles, I want to know all the juicy bits!

So Minkah remembers his mother. I wonder how he came to be associated with the bad guys.

Can we please not have Minkah kill Misa? I have a horrid feeling the feline will end up being butchered by the cousin... perhaps I've seen too many films where a pet is only present for that purpose.
NekomataFangirl chapter 2 . 11/24/2014
I have posted my review before reading the after-chapter notes, where it has been revealed to me Marik will die in one of the fics I have not read yet. I don't think this qualifies as a spoiler, perhaps if I read all stories chronologicaly this would not happen. Well, at least this one did not give me the near-hart attack a description of one particular story lead to ;)

Now for chapter 2:

Those are pretty short chapters, particularly if one looks at As I Fall, but they are nicely written and well balanced. Malik and Yami are adorable, I am becoming somewhat jealous of their idyllic time. Marik really is awfully sensitive when it comes to people shouting, and his fear morphs into anger from what I read. I wonder if we will be given more insight into why Marik is this way, and foremostly, why they're all living together.

Minkah sounds cute, like a mink, and those I like. Aaaaand then the whole creepiness of the room comes in, along with Minkah's knife, how he counted arachnid egg sacks in the room and his mention of 'assignments'. Cuteness of the name flies out of the window. But I am liking this. He seems to dislike people, though this may only apply to adults- I wonder what he will make out of the sweetlings back in Domino.

And now it's hinted that he's killed people before...AWESOME

'I'm not going to peep out of the fucking window'. 10 seconds later: 'I lunge for the window (...)' Ha!

Uh, Minkah is hating other people's happiness...this will not be good for the guys back in Japan. But then of he dares to be nasty to Ryou, he will have the rest of the lads on his head. However he could probably take them on without a problem. But he needs the safety of the Bakura residence and he is probably aware of it. I'm impatient, I want to see where this all goes.
NekomataFangirl chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
It makes a pleasant change to see Marik, Yugi and their hikaris all cooperate and form a group where positive emotions are a priority. The yamis are protective of all of all hikaris, and yet with that in place, the strong framework of the original YGO characters is not lost. I a wondering what Bakura will be like- will he be the traditional evil bastard who may or may not actually care, or will he be a weak and broken lad, with demons stemming from his bad time in Egypt. I was also surprised to see Charles Bakura alive and present. He wants to take care of his son, the only member of his very immediate family that is still around (as far as we know) and yet he fails and sees his son has matured- not only has Charles suffered the death of Amane an her mother, now he realises he has missed out on seeing Ryou's progression from a child to a teen too.

It's usually Ryou who is put in the role of the delicate boy. It pleases me that this time it is someone else (Marik). This means Ryou is factually capable of taking care of someone else, as opposed to usually being the one everyone tries to calm down/glue together/save, as his state leaves him unable to do such himself.

The beginning of the story is pleasant and warm and paints an idealistic picture. But we all know there just has to be something ultra interesting festering underneath all this.
Bakurafangurl91 chapter 29 . 6/10/2013
This story is amazing! I couldn't stop reading it, I was on the edge the whole time! Kaiba is completely crazy in this story! And I love it! I'm so glad he died! *does happy dance* he was so horrible to Minkah! That just proves that people in power abuse it and in the end it back fires on him. He raped and abused Minkah and Akefia killed him. Is it weird that I like Akefia in this story? Because I do he's so awesome! I love how Marik and Malik are in this story! In your other stories they're so much different and I like how they're really caring yet they're still Marik and Malik at the same time. I love how Yami and Malik are together, it really sets the tone of this story and makes things so much more interesting especially when Malik starts to fall for Minkah. I felt so bad for Ryou, he's father is such an ass lying to him and everything! I don't believe a word that fool says! I started reading the sequel...I'm on the chapter where Ryou's father tries to shoot Minkah...I cheered when Mr. Muto told him to get out! But anyways, I loved Ryou and Khali (Akefia)'s relationship. Marik's condition broke my heart. He's such a sweet kid. He didn't deserve to be treated that way! I cheered when Kaiba died. I love how Otogi is in this story...sadly he dies, in As I Fall he's so much different! This story is amazing! I'll send you a lovely review for the sequel to this when I'm done reading it.
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 29 . 2/22/2013
It is officially past midnight! I think I will read chapter 1 of the next story; then go to bed.:(

I'm super excited for these new characters! More hot people! *happy dance*
And I can't wait for some flash backs! ( explaining how he got involved!)
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 28 . 2/22/2013
Yay! No more pain for him- I hope...
He just pulled his head out,cause that normal. Just pull the guys head out of a bag. How did the police not notice that there was a head in the house?
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 27 . 2/22/2013
I knew it! I knew it!i knew it was him!
Yay! For once I was right!
I thinks have had to much coffee...
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 26 . 2/22/2013
Uhh... What just happened? I swear if Kabia doesn't get killed...
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 25 . 2/22/2013
WHAT'S HE HIDDING! Ra, I'm going to be up all night reading this.

He raped and killed her? O_o
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 24 . 2/22/2013
OMG I love the fray- how to save a life.

This just makes me want to know more about minkah's past!
Hopefully since its the weekend and I don't have much homework, I can finish reading this story!
YAY! (Happy dance!)
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 23 . 2/22/2013
Poor minkah.
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 22 . 2/21/2013
Poor minkah...
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 21 . 2/21/2013
I really am hoping that's that there will be a chapter with Minkah's childhood!

Exciting, great, amazing chapter :)
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 20 . 2/21/2013
God it sounds like Kabia wants to rape him. Kabia is like really crazy/fucked in the head.
Really want him to die. ( I'm such a nice person)
Poor Malik, he didn't know what he was doing!

Awesome chapter
Purple Dragon Of The Flames chapter 18 . 2/20/2013
I'm rather excited for the weekend. Maybe then I get read more the four chapters a day!
640 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »