Reviews for Shattered Dreams
kindofabadger chapter 73 . 3/14/2012
So. Very. Good. Such a labor of love this work must've been. I have to say I didn't expect you to keep Cloud dead. That surprised me what with your marvelous powers of resurrection! I really really enjoyed this & look forward to continuing on with the other stories. My thanks for sharing.
kindofabadger chapter 72 . 3/14/2012
O my god what a chapter! I know I'm just repeating myself now, 'wow, this is great..' but it's so true! From the gripping battle scenes of the previous chapters to the revelation of Kami himself to be...whatever he is, so much more casual than expected - it's funny (yo!) and having something funny in the midst of such drama - you really take your readers on a wild ride!

What else? Geez I didn't take notes but, Cid & Vincent's reunion...Sephiroth & Zack...omigod Reno & Reeve...such happiness. And Seiryu talking with Reeve face to face one more time, so sad & lovely. *sigh* Onward to the final chapter!
kindofabadger chapter 68 . 3/13/2012
This was a good chapter! Very happy to see Tseng & Sephiroth together a bit, even if it was comically awkward! And very glad, too, that Tseng finally acknowledged Orthrus. Then he just plowed on ahead & apparently has gone too far, stubborn man! Great work!
kindofabadger chapter 63 . 3/12/2012
Seriously riveting battle scenes in these past few chapters. Such good writing! Can't stop reading!
kindofabadger chapter 59 . 3/11/2012
Lovely little snaps of all the couples at the reception...but must you tease so? I see the next chapter has warnings for violence & such, not for Tseng & Sephiroth smutiness? How long must I wait to see these two together? You dangle them so close and then stop, pull back. I was dying to see Tseng under the influence of that drink! Such tension & anticipation!
kindofabadger chapter 56 . 3/10/2012
Great chapter, lots of good background info here. And you were right, the censored scene did have some great..um..dialog. (seriously, it did! Great sex too tho!)

Not impressed with the fine upstanding families of Costa del Sol. Damn homophobes! Sadly they're not too far off the mark of many folks today..
kindofabadger chapter 51 . 3/8/2012
Oh my GOD! This chapter ruined my lunch at work today. To see such a loving relationship rocked as it was when Reeve..went there.."maybe this was a mistake" Gah! No! Oh I know he's under a lotta stress, I KNOW that! But, wow, to lash out at Reno like that? Wow. That really upset me. The awesome makeup sex was..awesome, but not sure if I'd feel all better now if I was Reno..sheesh..my congrats on writing a chapter that really grabbed me by the heart & gave me a good shake.

I still labor under the impression that my thoughts on this 6 year old story of yours matters...hopefully you remember what I'm talking about in my rants XD

I DO love to get into what I'm reading..& you do that so well!
kindofabadger chapter 48 . 3/7/2012
I really like Zack here. And yeah, picturing Cid & Seph fishing... 'Naw boy, not like that! Cast this way!' lol

But I really got a chuckle out of your image of Zack giving naive young SOLDIER Sephiroth 'The Talk' hahaha!
kindofabadger chapter 45 . 3/7/2012
*sigh* poor Archer...when will he find love?

Sooo glad I'm reading this as a complete work. And I remain astounded at how wonderfully detailed and thought-out the whole story is. Just a magnificent work.
kindofabadger chapter 40 . 3/6/2012
Wow! Another fabulous chapter! Still fresh even 6 years after you wrote it.
kindofabadger chapter 35 . 3/5/2012
Nice view into Archer's thoughts. Funny how he has to focus on brooding and try really really hard. And another Princess Bride nod, "you mock my pain!" Love it!
kindofabadger chapter 34 . 3/5/2012
Another great chapter! And I dont recognize your quote 'time to save the world' but I did find a 'holy grail' nod.."it's only a flesh wound" lol! Maybe I'm imagining an Easter egg but it's still fun!
kindofabadger chapter 29 . 3/3/2012
Wow, what a fantastic chapter! You were right, so much plot, so much information. This answered a lot of questions for me. It reminded me a lot of Tolkien's 'The Silmarillion'. Well done!
kindofabadger chapter 28 . 3/2/2012
Yay they're back together, finally, in the 28th chapter...well worth the wait. I love Valenwind, the couple & the name!
kindofabadger chapter 21 . 2/29/2012
Zack! I love how you resurrect your characters..so many old friends, yay!