Reviews for The Tough Get Going
Jaycie Victory chapter 10 . 8/22/2014
Hmm... I love your writing. I think you're very talented but that chapter made me really uncomfortable. Hyde had sex with Jackie without her freely given consent, and he knew it. And then to have Jackie feeling bad for *him*... well, normally I'd enjoy the caveman bit but... yeah... uncomfortable.
Jaycie Victory chapter 9 . 8/22/2014
! Alright, smart guy. Answer me this then – when was the last time you had the urge to grab a woman, back her against a wall and pound into her until she's screaming in ecstasy?"

"This afternoon," Hyde said automatically.

"Oh." Then it clicked. "Hey, weren't you with Jackie this afternoon?"

Hyde was quiet for half a minute. "Shut up," he said sullenly.

The last couple of lines also made me smile but I hope Hyde doesn't go through with it as it would actually put him in actual bastard territory.
Jaycie Victory chapter 6 . 8/22/2014
Well-deserved slap-down from Jackie. Boy did Hyde need it.
Jaycie Victory chapter 4 . 8/22/2014
Sharon and Nick's relationship sounds Dawson/Joeyish... though hopefully more healthy. And I think there may be Pacey/Joey elements in there. I hope so (P/J all the way) as clearly they're going to be together to solve what's shaping up to be a delightful love rhombus... pentagon if you include Sam but... nah. Let's not.
Jaycie Victory chapter 3 . 8/22/2014
This chapter was perfection. No hyperbole.
la muneka chapter 19 . 5/3/2014
I loved it. It can be praised inside and out, but there's not enough praise still to do this story justice. You don't just get the gist of the show and make the reader feel like we' re right back in the good times, you kick it up to the 10th degree! Thank you. I noticed you wrote it a long time ago and since then probably have moved away from this couple, but if you ever consider writing them again, I will carpet your way back with rose petals. Just sayin' :D
cmtaylor531 chapter 19 . 6/8/2013
I just wanted to let you know that i enjoyed this story. It definitely helped cure the ill that was all of S8.
Guest chapter 19 . 2/7/2013
A happy ending for the greatest couple on the show. J and H are perfect for each other. terrific
Guest chapter 16 . 2/7/2013
I hate Dex. Jackie is so smart.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
what's gonna happen with Jackie? good chapter.
Guest chapter 19 . 12/16/2012
Awesome story.
Cathy chapter 7 . 11/19/2012
Love your stories. This is good real good.
BobtheFrog chapter 19 . 10/25/2011
Fantastic story! Utterly fantastic and that last line was pure brilliance! Hats off to you _
sara chapter 19 . 3/16/2011
Wonderful, thats all i can say
MistyMountainHop chapter 19 . 10/20/2010
Yet as a young man with dark good looks and a great butt

LOL Nice description.

"Is that more of your homespun wisdom drawn from real life experience?" Hyde asked Jackie

it had been at least 10 minutes since their last kiss and she needed another fix.

It pains me to see a member of my sex so totally zenless."

LMAO So funny.

Ever since his injury he had felt a need – no, not a need, that was too wussy – a preference

Aww, I like Hyde's self-correction. D

Although Jackie had frequently looked at him since the shooting with a touch of hero-worship in her eyes

because he had taken a bullet for her, he never forgot how she had first almost taken the bullet meant for him.

That's love... *sigh* Better if they're both alive to enjoy each other though. ;)

I like that Hyde's running Grooves Chicago. D

"Are you kidding? This city is dirty, noisy, crass and a hotbed of crime. It was made for me! I feel like the

ugly duckling that finally found the cool happening swans he was meant to grow up with."

AWWW! This is sweet, funny, and clever all at once.

"I try not to foster false hope – it will only hurt them in the end."

"Oh yeah, you've come a long way alright," Hyde teased. "Ow!" as Jackie smacked his arm. "Well, at least you

got the hard-hitting part right."

Lord knows it was a performance she had perfected over the years, you would think she could pull it off now.

That's a great telling description. And makes us sympathize with Sharon.

These two mixed up people had a bad case of the Hydes

LOL Oh, gosh. "The Hydes".

you could keep getting involved with social misfits and drug dealers to get his attention

Interesting if that was Sharon's subconscious (or conscious) motivation. LOL Tsk, girl (Sharon)!

That's the problem with engagement rings – too open to misinterpretation. Now if you were wearing that Playboy

outfit again, there would have been no confusion."

Nice. D

"Laugh it up, Dumbass," Jackie retorted, her hand gripping his left buttock. "If you want to go making things

that clear, then you're welcome to show her your ass."

Even nicer. D D

Yet again, you've crafted a story that's engaging, moving, suspense-filled, and damn funny. I like that you worked out Jackie and Hyde's relationship through a thriller. It was a fun and intense read. You write a very strong Jackie, and her strength throws Hyde's weakness into sharp relief - which makes him quite sympathetic. Your plot twists are always exciting - and your characterization satisfying.

Thanks again for another wonderful story!