Reviews for Melting
RequiemElise chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Aww! this fic is awesome! it was so beautifully written! I loved how original and unique the format was!
truest-of-true-loves chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
wow that was so good! i loved the format! it was sweet and lovely and not too fluffy.
Saddletank chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
“Your mother gave up her life for you.

She’s watching you even though she isn’t here.

And even before you were born.

She loved you.

I know that she would've wanted you to be happy.”

Lovely. These lines really moved me. My own mother died some years ago and whenever I come across fiction in which parents have been lost I’m often moved, but something in these lines particularly spoke to me.

There’s something in here too about the unconditional love Hiroyuki’s grandfather had for him.

“Your mouth is stretched wide.

Outlined with red popsicle juice.

You look like a joyous clown.

Or a little girl whose lips are

Smeared in Mommy’s lipstick.

Declaring she's grown-up.”

THAT was a great image, little girls playing with mommy’s lipstick is always both a true and a very cute idea – the fact that they are at play with grown up things is a lovely contrary thing. You painted the feeling of a childlike person with an adult attractiveness (which Tsubasa is) very nicely here.

This whole piece had a lovely mood: relaxing, melancholy and a tinge of frustration in there too. I don’t usually go much on poetry but this piece struck a strong chord in me and conveyed well both the childlike annoying faces Tsubasa wears and that delicious romantic hint she carries around her as well.

In the anime I always thought Tsubasa was so lucky to end up with such a sensitive step-brother – how lucky she was, but reading this I feel that Kazuma was equally lucky, if not more so to find a soulmate who will not be demanding but will remain loyal.
Nexlei chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
i liked it, i only read book one in this seiries lol but anyway, once i understand more fruits basket (i'm in the middle of book 2) i will read your other storys

See ya

Nexlei
Joseph Lee chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Impresive. I have to say that you use your descriptive power very well. I would also say you are or were very much into this series. I do prefer the sibling love of Kazuma and Tsubasa and do wish they would imput more of it in the coming volumes.
Helmz chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
the set-out pissed me off at first, but i got used to it now lol. Cool story
Coffee Papers chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
I'm glad to see a fic dedicated to this couple.

I've been searching for like forever...heaven is filled with people like you!

this fic makes me want to melt too. (n_n)
Sunfalling chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
This is a very sweet piece. It does include some rather common cliches but there is also a lot of beautiful imagery to enjoy.