Reviews for Ironic
Cupcake155 chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
I can relate to Erestor... always one of my favourite characters.i didn't always think of Erestor being uneducated before he came to live with the people of rivendell; he was a noldor of the house of the circling rave; he would've had some intelligence.I also think he would have been at least slightly social; many fics portray him as being good friends with Glorfindel the famous balrog slayer (although that is only fandom, you can never be sure) Everything else is perfect. Thanks for giving me some inspiration on my next story. it features some elves of rivendell, and I will definitely add this sort of view in my history of Erestor.
Valante chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Just made a quick visit to your profile and couldn't resist reading this one (I'm at work, see - if my boss asks, this never happened).

I just had to comment on the brilliant "I" alliteration in the last paragraph, which made the sentence before oh-so-poignant.

The dryness of the over-all tone made the story sound like a well-rehearsed narative for Erestor, which is very in character for someone so lonely and self-conscious. The minimal emotion is more evocative than any wallowing would have been.

Hmm. Feels familiar.

Very nice work. Thanks for sharing!

Tal
Lady Ambreanna chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
This story made me cry. I have often felt like I lived in a box. As a child I was teased for being an idiot and so,ironically, spent my time alone, reading the dictionary to keep from being bored. Perhaps Erestor and I should get together sometime! LOL!;)
Queen Caira chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
Oh, poor Erestor. Don't worry; I find you fascinating.
Earendil Eldar chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Aw! Poor 'stor! I'll give him a hug and make him feel better. He sounds kinda bitter, not that i'd blame him. And still, if i were in his position, i would no trouble whatsoever even without making friends - ironic!
Erestor chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
Good, but sad, which was probably how you intended it to be. Now I feel as though I have a good reason for feeling depressed. The first sentence was attention-grabbing and the last paragraph, with all the 'i' words, was clever. It was perhaps rather dry and brief; it could have been even more depressing with some more emotion. But, in a way, the lack of emotion defined your portrayal of Erestor, so that was fine.

Write on!
Murpledurp chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
I like this. It's not how I usually think of Erestor, but I like this alot. It reminds me slightly of the librarian at the downtown Library. You should write more ficlets like this one.
Capt. PJ Night chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Very Nice. Good usage of syntax and diction. It is a very nice stream of consciousness. However, it seems a bit trite and dry in places. And there was one grammatical error. The sentance should read: "I remember it as clearly as..." That was kind of an odd sounding similie.

But other than that it was delightful.

No Day But Today