Reviews for Her Son
thatsnotwhatIheard chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I never read a Sheila-centric story before...yours perfect. just perfect. your writing is amazing.
PepperLovey chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Hmm well she got the next best thing to a daughter, a gay son! He can go marry a nice guy and (maybe) wear some nice wedding dress :3 and he does all the other stuff she wanted a daughter for (except for actually being female...)!
Kylelover101 chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
wonderful!

this story was really good!
hootpoop12 chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
...:I as much as she wanted grandchildren and its sad she wont get any blood related from kyle i cant really feel bad for her... If kyle like stan she'd have to support him...! D: i dont know if that was disapointment from her in end or not... Guh i really did like this fic though, thanks for writtin it!
yourfault34562 chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Omg that was beautiful you are an amzing writer I cried near the end I really did at the part where it went from 'my perfect boy' to 'and for her son'.

You rock my south park world you really do.
TheXYZ chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Oh my God. I have NEVER read a fic that huminized Sheila to this extent. Like, I actually feel like I understand her!

Your characterization of Sheila's parents is also amazing. It's very on target, you know? Survivors of the Holocaust really did react that way, scared of (usually) unexistant Nazis, yelling at their kids to be grateful for whatever they had. And I loved that you put in a reason for Sheila being fat!

BTW- I read over His Duty. And then I read my review. Ouch! How could I leave you such a short review for such an awesome story? So I'm leaving you a longer review for it now. First of all, the way you wrote the StanKyle was adorable. Secondly, I love how everything was so factual. I hate reading stories about Judaism (or Christianity or Islam or, hell, even depression or suicide or bulemia) that are so off and stupid and not well researched at all. So it was cool to read a story that was REAL. Btw, I LOVED the part with Stan in the synagogue- something really similar actually happened to my Mom when she was Chiloni. It was funny. :D

Ok, I'll wrap it up now... ;)
Zed-Azrael chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
There was something incredibly enchanting about this, despite its rather melancholy tone.

I greatly enjoyed how you took the point of view of an unusual character, and hearing things through the voice and eyes of Sheila was like a breath of fresh air. It was something different, and I ate it right up. (Not unlike how her mother believed in stuffing her with numerous helpings at meals. Ha, my mother and grandmother are the same way. XD A stereotypically Jewish thing, I suppose.)

But really, I love your interpretation of her character, and I like how the depth you've given her extends far past the limitations most others give her. The background details, her desires and drives... It's all very delicious, and it's definitely a favourite in my book.
Demon King Piccolo chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
Very, very pleasing story. It was well written and I liked how it starred a character which is usually not popular. For quite a short fic, however, the character development was also commendable.

Congratulations on a great fic!
Hararda Risa chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
Aww, that's so sad. I never seen a story about Sheila before (Probably because of her attitude..;) but I think this matches her personality perfectly..so my hats off to you!
CrossoverQueen chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
This is the very first story I've ever found about Kyle's mother. It gives quite a lot of insight into her character and how she views Kyle as the perfect son.

I like the Jewish prayer woven throughout the story, and how when the story ends, the prayer ends, too-it's almost like she's recalling memories as she prays in real life.

Sheila's reaction when she walks in on Kyle and Stan is extremely touching and sad. I hope you write something else like this.

The only problems I found were a few spelling and grammar mistakes, but they are remarkably few for someone who speaks English as a second language-if it hadn't been for your author's note, I would have thought you were raised American or British.
Lou chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Oh, wow. That was intense! *sniffles* I don't even know who to feel bad for!
Indiana Beach Bum chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
You being Jewish lends a certain authentic quality to this entire peice. First off, the prayer is a nice touch, (and I totally appreciate you taking those hours to find the translation to it) and it adds somewhat of a verse, or a rhythm to this story. Secondly, I have never, not ever, read a story that focused on Sheila Broflovski. It takes us through her world, and why she is the way she is. It lends sympathy to why she only wants the best for Kyle, and it makes you feel for her in the situations she is put in. It takes a trip through how Kyle became who he is, but through the eyes of his caring mother. I was quite surprised at her silent but moving reaction to finding out her son was gay. It almost makes me feel sorry for her. What a way to switch the POVs around on us :) Very powerful!
Generally Maz chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
I think this is an awesome story
Ally-Tsukasa chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Really amaizing (sorry but the english is not my native lenguage too)

I love your fanfics, specially this, and the couple is really great!, good work and please continue doing fanfics (my english really sucks -U)

thanks, and congratulations
PersianLady chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
Well done! I love the good view of Sheila, its not always someone like to bring the story about her! XD