Reviews for Dark Places
Goomba chapter 5 . 4/16/2011
Okay, so on a whole it was a good story (full of O'Neill agnst, which I find can be hard to write without being overly un-believable. You got it nailed down.) One of my favorite parts was when O'Neill finally started seeing how it all happened, when he risked his life to save the others, when he knew what needed to be done and did it - That is always a good feeling when it's related to O'Neill because it is true. Now, it did have some difficult to read and follow spots; I know at Chapter 1 I was glad for how you had written the story, inclusive of dashes, but as it carried on it tended to get a little muddled. Too many thoughts stemming from one beginning. I understand how your own thoughts can sometimes flow - but unfortunately they don't always translate well into written words the same way as you thought them; sometimes they need to be read through again and edited a little bit - for flow purposes. Thanks for sticking it out and have it be believable from beginning to end, for incorporating bit of memory into the story and for not making the angst go on too long. For near beers on the hillside and beautiful sunsets. For the team together at the end of the day.

Cheers Jen
Goomba chapter 4 . 4/16/2011
I love LOVED loved the last bit where O'Neill didn't want anyone to leave - how sweet and very believable.

Thanks, Jen
Goomba chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I am intrigued... and I am excited to see how this plays out... a few small spelling errors (cam instead of came - right at the end.) But otherwise I very much like 'how' you write, it's exactly the chopped up train of thinking I would expect from O'Neill and exactly how I would write it so reading it is easy for me - great job!

Cheers Jen
clerical medical chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
I really enjoyed this. Fics that mess with O'Neill's head are among my favourites, especially when they're as well-thought-out and well-written as this one. I'm now off to your author page to see if you have any more SG-1 delights for me. Thanks again for a great story.
PapayaK chapter 5 . 8/21/2008
That was VERY good. Thank-you
Elizabeth Spavin chapter 5 . 1/25/2007
An absolutely riveting read. Very enjoyable. I did twig very early on that this was all in Jack's mind, which didn't detract from the fact that Jack himself didn't, at all. In fact, to me, it made it more interesting as he fought to survive the circumstances. Thanks very much for the entertainment.
pain in the mikta chapter 5 . 1/12/2007
Grand!

Very nice twist on the use of the ribbon device!

About the bit in French, it should have been "le bel idéal", though... Can't have Daniel mess up in French, now, can we?

;-)

Thanks for the suspenseful fic that brings out Jack's instinctive need to protect in such a wonderful way!
Flatkatsi chapter 4 . 1/12/2007
I'm very glad I finally found this story - I would have hated to miss it. It's unusual and intriguing and held my interest right from the first sentence.
Pat chapter 5 . 4/30/2006
Very good story, nicely the way it was worked out and the hints made you (the reader) think and want to find out the next step. Looking forward to any other stories you try.
Rinne chapter 5 . 4/30/2006
Very well done, complex plot.

Looking forward to more SG-1 stories.
7 League Boots chapter 5 . 4/22/2006
Wonderful angsty reading. An intriguing study of Jack's personal code of command, and how deeply he feels for his team. I got pleasant goose bumps when I realized he was going through this in his own mind. Well done sequencing and the imagery here was nice and sharp. Also Sam and Daniel's (as well as Hammond and Janet)presences were nicely spliced in, making the resultant resolution work. Yes, the hints added nice touches, too!

Wonderful ending; I'm a sky watcher, too: sunsets and sunrises (moonrises, constellation rises, etc) are my faves and loved your description of this one! Thanks for a great read; looking forward to your next project.
trtlsoup2001 chapter 5 . 4/21/2006
Excellent ending, and frankly... you need NO improvement on your writing. (unlike MY spelling :-) I didn't catch all your subtle clues, but most. It was a brilliant plot, and one I didn't catch (ie: the hallucinations) till you revealed it. GOOD storytelling, IMHO.

I'd love to read more! That said, I await more...
Latergatr chapter 5 . 4/21/2006
Great story! Enjoyed the mystery of it; kept wanting to see what would come next. I could tell what Jack was experiencing wasn't entirely reality, but couldn't figure out enough that I could see the end coming. Good job! I'm going to go look up your other stories. Please keep writing.
trtlsoup2001 chapter 4 . 4/19/2006
Wow! Terrific! :-)

Kudos!
trtlsoup2001 chapter 2 . 4/19/2006
"Because Carter can figure out anything. Like how to work a Stargate with three C batteries and a broken GDO. I dunno, maybe she can figure out how to use the Stargate's... subspace... psychic... wave field thing to loop the current and induce a... cascade technobabble overload. A controlled one. With magnets."

Priceless!

Sounds like he's delusional... Hm.

Reading on...