Reviews for Mother's Day
malfoystinksstinks chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
I wonder if that's the way Lindsey really feels on the show? It was great really good and powerful. If Lindsey wants to blame anyone for her dad's death blame her dad. His drug dealing and always getting high cost him his life. Now he'll never see Lindsey graduate from high school, go to college, get her driver's license, or walk her down the aisle at her wedding. But I guess the drug dealer is the one to really blame.
SJ chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Lovely story. A nice peak into everyone's heads.
Ponys chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
aah! sequel! please write a sequel? great story _
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
Interesting little talk between Sara and Lindsay, I'd read the story before and not noticed the last little paragraph - very sneaky of you. Unfortunately children don't come with owners manuals like cars do. Neither do parents and even if they did it would be years before the child was able to read it.
jaxx chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Wow!

This is a great story! You've really captured the way Lindsey might feel, and how Sara and Catherine communicate, or don't.

:D

Don't leave it like this! There's so much more you caould do with it, a sequel would be fantastic!

Awesomme story and great writing!
bene chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Powerfull, excellent and beautifull!

It was really moving... a sequel would be good no? :-)

Thank you!
icklebitodd chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
Hiya Darling,

I loved it! Bloody Brilliant! Get out of your comfort zone more often girl!

Has to be said normally I don't have a problem picking out my favourite bits i.e. a fight, funny moment etc but I have struggled with this so instead I shall comment on the bits that caught my immediate attention and then comment on a whole.

The fight sequence between Lindsey and Catherine was very believable, reminded me of one I had the other day with my mum except rather than 'I HATE YOU' it resulted in me shaking my head and muttering 'no I don't suppose you would understand' and walking off as well as the fact at only just 18 I am actually an adult. But anyway the fight sequence well the summing up of the fight sequence contained two wonderful little images. Number 1 the forensic kit sprawling across the floor and the important elements of the kit being broken - although one expected her to break her toe. to show just how imposing it is on their lives. Number 2 the picture falling to the floor and cracking on the floor. Just well because shows what is lost and soon to be reversed but seemingly correct omen (what a circular sentence)

Once at the LVPD the small reflection of Lindsey and that infamous dead body moment - I do understand why she did that it showed the desperation you hinted at earlier "she just didn't know what to do anymore" - The conversation with Catherine and Jim making Lindsey seem a burden "she" The perspective you give of Lindsey having to jog shows this as well though I admit I took it that she wanted to get in and out as quick as possible, the hand through the hair emphasising that.

"She grinned, she did look like crap." Only Sara - or at least me thinks only Sara - could find it funny or even a good thing that somebody would tell her she looked like crap.

Then we get past all the gold and gems to the diamonds - the entire Lindsey and Sara interplay. So here are the quotes that well I loved and some made me giggle others made me frown or cringe "Her mom had been a stripper and now she played around with dead bodies all the time." Made me laugh - immature I know -

"Sara looked nervous, like she was actually scared of her. Which was weird, since Sara was a CSI, she saw lots of bad stuff. She tried though, Lindsey had to give her that." Then the flip back remark resulting in one of the best summaries of the CSI's I've read "Nick's casually harsh remarks, Grissom's hands-off approach to her and Catherine's disdain." Noted the absence of Warrick but hey figured it was his night off

"Sara looked at her, dark brown eyes meeting innocent blue" I'm a visual person and this struck me as excellent "Sara felt the words hit her like a verbal torpedo, hard and right between the eyes." Another brilliant image, loving the way you parallel, the avoiding of unnecessary fluffy instead looking at the facts the idea of the pictures was a brilliant touch.

“trying to feel her way around, it was like the severely visually impaired leading the blind” I’ve actually noted this one down it has a quality that wouldn’t go amiss in either a detective series or something as comical as ‘Blackadder’ the line that popped into my head seconds later was “How can it possibly be worth it, we’ve been sitting here since Christmas 1914 during which millions of men have died and we’ve advanced no further than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping” from ‘Blackadder Goes Forth’.

The discovery of the guilt was brilliant the choice of words was fantastic “He was whisked away from her. “DADDY!”” I which so much is said within one helpless word. The absolution of guilt was another utterly fantastic sequence “Did you….?” And then turning it into the absolution of her own guilt “Do you blame me….?” The answer is something straight out of an MTV film “No…I mean…that’s retarded.”

The small but extremely large reference to Sara’s past was utterly brilliant. Less as they say is definitely more. The simple observation skills of Lindsey conveyed much more than the words that could have been said. The simple understanding that leads to the discussion. “Sara didn’t yell at her for it. She only raised her brows” even typing that line made me laugh just imagining the varying facial expressions…jeez. The simple giving of the olive branch that Sara finds so utterly important even at her own cost. It is my belief that the only reason Sara and Catherine clash so much is because Sara believes that the bond ship between mother and child is sacred and is attempting in her adorable inept way to convey this to Catherine, note while a lot of the fights have things to do with Lindsey (the reason why I set the challenge actually I have a small obsession with the mother daughter interplay) as Sara knows what it is like to have no support after the death of her father and doesn’t want the same for Lindsey. The core to me is that Sara is trying to stop Lindsey turning out like her bitter at the world. Sara’s self deprecation caused me to wince “Lindsey, you’re her daughter, I’m no one.” I could hear and see it being said right down to the slight off beat smile and glance to the floor. The idea that not even the absolution of guilt could fully lift the pressures and torment off her shoulders meant a lot, said a lot, said a lot. (Reminds me to keep an eye out for your new fic)

Catherine watching this rather than Lindsey crawling up to her and babbling a whole set of things that Sara impregnated her mind with was a brilliant touch. Using the entire concept of mother’s day throughout was brilliant as well as the continued metaphor of the forensics kit. The absolution of Lindsey’s guilt leading to Catherine feeling the guilty one and now carrying both parties guilt seeing just how badly she treated Sara. Now she needs an ear.

This has been by far the longest review I have written (it takes up two pages on Word) and yet I still don’t quite think I’ve grasped it. You said you didn’t feel as if you had done it justice but I disagree and can only ponder what it would be like if you had.

Loved it!

Jessica .x.
EmilyMayVTheCrazyDinosaurGirl chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
loved it
Megan-16-16 chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Excellent story! You illustrated Lindsey and Catherine perfectly! Top-notch writing!

Keep up the good work!