Reviews for Behind Closed Doors
phantom-jedi1 chapter 18 . 2/2
-waves-

I was re-reading "The Girl Next Door" and realized I'd somehow missed this story way back when. Obviously, it's been a few years, but this story's been on long hiatus before so...any chance of it being finished? I've never encountered a Christine-as-manager story and I think it's a fascinating twist on the tale.
MissyH316 chapter 15 . 9/5/2017
Good Grief! This story has definitely moved away from "Drama & Romance" to downright "Horror", with perhaps THE most unsympathetic Erik I've read to date! But I of course see some of the Leroux influence here (although I've yet to get any sense that this Erik loves or is in love with Christine). However, I'm also pretty sure that the "Gerik" phans wouldn't be too keen on this story at all! Lol
MissyH316 chapter 13 . 9/5/2017
Uh-oh! Looks like we do indeed have a mad Erik! Scary for sure, and I'll bet this all doesn't end well! :-(
MissyH316 chapter 8 . 9/5/2017
Uh-oh... Did I just also hear the Phantom hiss, "This means WAR!"? ;-)
Btw - if the Phantom is, of course, rightly so concerned with the quality of the operas as the art they are, then wouldn't he agree with Christine that people should be coming for the appreciation and enjoyment of the operas AS fine art, and not for the cheap thrills of the "ghost story"? Sure, the "ghost story" angle is good publicity, but 1) is it worth the risk of it overtaking the operas themselves as the real attraction by the audiences, and 2) does Erik not see that keeping his own business (and true human form!) private would be put at severe risk from a nosy, sensation-seeking press as just a way to increase their profits by whatever means better suits them? I'd guess, for example, that the National Enquirer outsell$ The Wall Street Journal. Smut sells, iow! ;-)
MissyH316 chapter 7 . 9/5/2017
Good work! :-) I'm loving this different yet well-done story; never have seen nor even imagined a mature, business-savvy Christine as the Opera Manager instead of the timid yet talented little ballet rat turned prima donna over time. One question, though: why would the Opera Ghost tell Christine that his business is none of hers when to me, in regards to running the Opera Garnier, it would seem his business and hers are one and the same? Could he be saying that as a sign of some innate mental instability?
MissyH316 chapter 5 . 9/5/2017
Well done - so far, so good! My favorite musical/romantic Phantom is Michael Crawford (NOT really a "Gerik" fan per se), but I know that the REAL Phantom is as Leroux wrote him and as he was originally portrayed by the incomparable Lon Chaney Sr. So, your description of the face Buquet saw through the glass was wonderfully CREEPY and true to the original! THAT is the face of the 1925 movie that scared me so badly that I purposely avoided seeing almost anything (especially film documentaries) about my beloved silent film genre for over 20 YEARS, just to avoid any chance of seeing that horrible face! So I must commend you, dear author, for writing the first Phanfic I have read out of literally hundreds that has an Erik that has truly creeped me out! Again - well done! :-)
Rainbow Pierrot chapter 18 . 3/22/2017
This story is really good, would love to see an update.
Child of Dreams chapter 6 . 7/11/2016
It's Buquet, not Buqet.
ElodieJane chapter 14 . 7/1/2016
Oh dear gravy, I actually like this Raoul... I never thought I'd say this but him a Christine are so adorbs together!
the girl with the red scarf chapter 18 . 6/30/2016
I know you may won't read This because it's been years since the last update, but I TOTALLY love your Raoul, and for the first time I want Erik to burn in hell. Also I really that your Christine is kinda cold.
Hope you continĂșe with this great story.
Zgoris chapter 18 . 3/7/2016
This is a wonderful story- I love your pacing and characterization. Please do continue it!
Child of Dreams chapter 3 . 12/3/2015
(frowns in thought)
I think Leroux-Erik did had some hair, there just wasn't very much of it.
Phantome chapter 18 . 6/20/2015
It has been so long since you last updated! This story is wonderful:) I absolutely love everyone's characters:) and the fact that you made christine much stronger here is perfect.
Sonic's Faith chapter 18 . 1/7/2015
Love your story please update soon. Can't wait for what happens next.
Guest chapter 18 . 1/1/2015
I am really enjoyed this chapter. As well as the previous your that you can find time to finish this great story. I can't wait to see what happens next. And even what happens in the end.I will continue read more stories written by you.