Reviews for Glass Shards
Len chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Ow? Good one :)
Azureila chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
Simple and refreshing _. It's written from Mello's POV, and actually, I find something endearing about his potrayal here: his determination to steal Near's attention. Yeah, that draws him closer to Near than everybody else, right? And I'm a bit surprised when Near has actually cried. It implies heavily on Mello's emotional effect to his stable and stoic personality. Well done, I'm glad that I've read this piece of fic. Thank you for the lovely story!

TheCityTurnsOrange chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
I still can't find the words...I think I like this story even more than Picture Perfect, especially your last lines and title. I think that the way you covered their whole childhoods was really great too.
phoenix of hell chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Very touching. Really, loved it!
frostedheavens chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
No other words - great. Mello's POV was really interesting.

-scratches head- sheesh. I've long run out of adjectives to describe the good stuff.

oh well. nice work!
meroe chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
You have a good analysis of Mello's and Near's characters. I also read Picture Perfect, and I must say that I can imagine that it fits to the picture of the two boys. Your construction of their past gives me a pretty good imagined picture of how they came to be what they are right now.

Good job! You've got great insight. Keep it up. :)
pinksnow chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
good job again!
FinalError chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
It was a nice read, however I don't think it had as strong of a feel as its companion did. That may simply because I already know and expect the dialogue from before. It's amusing to think that all this is going on in these eight-year-olds' minds... it's so easy to forget their real age when reading this. Anyway, nice work, I enjoyed reading it!
Maedhros chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
I plunged into reading Glass Shard without realizing this as a companion fic to Picture Perfect until later, but as I read along it felt so familiar. Now that I know, I must say the two fics make quite a pair. Great work!
HeartlessHitokiri chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Aw... Poor Mello... yeah, childhood seems to affect everything -. Great story as usual!
lunartick chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
M... this is a good fic! I like it as much as your other one about Near. Somehow, I relate a lot to Mello... the drive to win someone, to be the best and all... and I relate to your depiction of Mello. My elder sis always makes me feel like I'm inferior, that I'm not worth the oxygen I breathe and all... and I tend to respond with this "I hate you!" kind of childish anger. (Ha... sorry abt the long story, but I just got called "fat" and "stupid" and "lazy" and "selfish" by my elder sis).

So anyway, good fic. I like the way it provides a convincing background for why Mello is so competitive with Near. I also liked the very human side of Mello you portrayed, like when he starts feeling guilty and at fault, but then stubbornly puts the blame on Near. Very human, very believable.
Panda Hallows chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
sque! uh yeah haha I actually make that sound...

this was equally as awesome as your other one on Near woot! cheers for you :D
Fantastical Queen Ebony Black chapter 1 . 4/11/2006

I am oh so very glad you wrote this! I love Mello, and your portrayal of him was great (especially later in the orphanage, because I really get the hollow victory thing. Even though we're in advanced classes, all my friends score higher than me. The one class I excel at is English, but even then some of them seem to effortlessly get better marks, and it just gets frustrating, and almost hopeless... woops, sorry for ranting...)

His past was convincing, and him being German really worked out well. :D I think one of my favourite parts was the imagery with the photograph burning... very nice.

Love it!
artemisgirl chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
That's rather sad. I rather think Mello and Near would have been good friends.