Reviews for The Minister's Daughter
samanthatm chapter 2 . 5/5/2013
awesome.
VampWolf92 chapter 9 . 7/3/2012
sorry. wrote the comment before reading the last chapter. but it doesn't matter. i hope
VampWolf92 chapter 10 . 7/3/2012
PLEASE WRITE MORE! I keep looking for an update but you haven't in a really long time! I really want more PLEASE.
i think this story is really good. so what if you don't follow the film exactly. who cares! it is your story and you can do whatever you want!
FireFox Vixen chapter 10 . 5/26/2012
Awesome!XD
NineLaws chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
The summary was all i needed to get hooked on this brilliant story.

I love the way you have potrayed all the characters and the slow build up of affection towards Clopin and Isabelle

(Who just for the record, is a pretty awesome OC)

So thanks for writing this awesome story! :D
Devils Toenail chapter 3 . 6/9/2011
Not great, full of innacuracy. Most have been mentioned apart from chocolate eclairs weren't invented until the 19th century and they wouldn't have worn underware.
KleeBird chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
I very much agree with UchihaxSasukexox
niwa-chan chapter 10 . 7/31/2010
haha cute!
Ritsu Kaiori chapter 10 . 7/30/2010
haha that was really cute!
MrsPhantomSylvia chapter 10 . 7/27/2010
Loved it!
Pheobe Floros chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
i cant really say anything about it has hasnt been said by UchihaxSasukexox, Nota Lone, MissLiddell and SailorSun546 but i do like where you are going with it. maybe fix it up a bit? but then again, you dont have to. its your story and ur choice to do with it whatever you want.
Gone4everAndaDay chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
.Frollo wouldn't have been able to be a father because of his position in the church for one. Priests and such were doing it all the time but Frollo's character depicts that he is man with morals.

.She wouldn't be able to treat her father so disrespectfully. Women in those days were seen as inferiors and as such would be severely punished if one were to step out of line.

.The entire Disney film and book plot revolve around the fact that Frollo despises Gypsies. And yet in the very first chapter you make him accept a gypsy child into his home with little to no persuasion.

.Gypsies back then were seen as filth, robbers and witches. Frollo - a man of the church - would have most-likely been removed from his position and looked down upon in society if he allowed his UNMARRIED daughter to raise her.

.If Frollo were ever going to let a gypsy into his household it would have been male, so at least then the child could work around the house and earn his keep.

.Frollo would have had Clopin executed and his daughter locked up for coming into contact with each other (Decisions based solely off his overall personality).

.A Gypsy child - orphan or not - would know better than to follow WHITE strangers. And if she did by some chance ignore than basic instinct, she wouldn't have been clingy as you have depicted her.

.Why would she leave the child as soon as they entered her home?

.Women did not curse, no matter how minor: 'Damn'.

.Frollo would have remained standing when he questioned the child about fear to show his authority.

.There was no shampoo, much less coconut seeing as it isn't originally native to Paris.

.How could her maid (Rachael) have known about the child when Isabelle and Frollo had only JUST returned with her, and the maid was already in the room when she got there?

.No conditioner either.

.Missing words and grammatical errors such as: " Clopin? Hm... he seems so are his shows?"

.Improper speech for a lady in those days: " Creative, he has this puppet, that comes out of nowhere and says random things."

.Paris knew nothing of the Asian's and their culture at the time, so how was it possible for her to have a dress imported from Japan?

.Women dressing in dark colours was seen as improper.

.Again, no knowledge of the Asian culture would mean that chopsticks were never known about.

.No knowledge of the Chinese.

.No velvet.

.No canopy-bed.

.No make-up.

.No Asian dresses.

.No tea-set or Asian dishes.

.The mask you described sounded like one you might find in China or Japan(I should know, I am Japanese). So again, it would not be possible for her to have one.

.She wouldn't have been allowed to eat alone in her bedroom, it would be seen as improper.

.The child wouldn't have been allowed to eat with them.

.Frollo wouldn't have spoken to the child about the feast of fools as she would have, undoubtedly, not be allowed to attend it with them.

.Abruptly father choaked and spat out his wine." Excuse me. That rat kissed you?" :

.He would have been much more furious and he wouldn't have spat out his wine like that.

." Jaqueline dear, please go your room." He requested. :

. Frollo HATES Gypsies, and now he's making REQUESTS from one?

.The entire 'argument' scene was unethical and foolishly written. There would have been no back-talking from Frollo's daughter and she would have most-likely been beaten for her insolence and retaliation.

.Finally, both Clopin and Frollo's daughter have officially met...once. And yet on the night of the very day they first met Clopin not only followed her to her home but also roused her from her sleep and jumped in through her window.

.Your imagination never ceases to amaze me, but this is just unheard of. No one, much less a gypsy would DARE intrude in Isabelle's personal life in fear of execution that would have been IMMEDIATELY issued by her father.

.Also I imagine Frollo's home would have been quite high above the ground to keep away from vandals.

All these I have gathered from the first three chapters. And to tell you the truth I am completely unwilling to continue reading. So I merely wrote up all of these completely correct points to let you know that your story is a big let down. And from reading some of the comments I can see that I am not alone in my judgment.
Neobamboom chapter 10 . 10/4/2008
LOVED IT!
LilyHellsing chapter 3 . 7/16/2007
BURNED! XD o.o My room is almost exactly like hers...
LilyHellsing chapter 2 . 7/16/2007
OMFG! XD I was laughing my a** off when she said "sancuary" all cool like that when she was being pulled away.