Reviews for Memoirs of a Hitokiri
Compucles chapter 2 . 5/6/2014
Never mind, I don't read tragedies. If I'm going to make an attempt at nearly 200,000 words, I want happy ending waiting for me.
Compucles chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
Ugh, a lot of necessary gratuitous Japanese! The technique names, proper nouns, and some other terms are best left untranslated; while the honorifics and several other terms can go either way, but you've really gone overboard with the others. Is it really necessary to use Japanese for greetings, interjections, simple responses, or even common things like "water" and "the moon?" (By the way, a tanuki is a racoon dog, not a racoon; no, they are not the same thing.) Well, the summary still intrigues me enough to give the story a shot, so on to Chapter 1...
kuja-ichi chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Ah, I forgot something important: I didn't even mind putting Enishi together with Kaoru, and I usually simply hate that!
But here it was really nice done - he wasn't just a complete psycho, so you had to wonder why in the world Kaoru ever put up with him in the beginning... Haa, all those wonderful believable characters, it's a dream!

Well, and I always love an ass kicking Kaoru :)

(See, I'm already starting with the reviews... Only 38 to go, haha xD)
kuja-ichi chapter 40 . 1/23/2013
Oh. My. God.

This was the absolutely and utterly best AU fanfic I've EVER read!
Including canon ones, it's definitely Top 4, but since every story and pairing has it's own perks and everything, so I don't really have an order there...

Honestly, it's a masterpiece! The story itself, the composition, the writing, it's all perfect!
Did you ever publish a novel or something? I'd buy it on the spot...

There were only two itty bitty tiny things, that I noticed... One would be, that shinai is written with one n only, and the second: I assume that you imagined them wearing their normal clothes from the manga, and then it's not called a haori - that would be some kind of jacket you wear above a kimono or whatever.
Oh, a there's actually a third one: How in the world did Kaoru know it's a girl? They only just invented the steam engine, but have ultrasonic? :D
But, you, that only makes it 99,7% perfect, so yeah... ;)

I honestly can't believe you have so few (well, few for a story of this length and quality...) favs and reviews... It's a shame!
I'm honestly tempted to write a review for every chapter - well, later maybe xD
Guest chapter 40 . 7/10/2012
i love your story, your a good writer, keep it up
Queen Emily the Diligent chapter 40 . 11/30/2011
This story was absolutely...amazing. I'm serious. SO GOOD! (squeals) I haven't a read a good fanfic in a while and this filled my need. Awesome job!
Rose chapter 39 . 10/29/2011
A lovely, romantic, and heart-warming story of redemption, sacrifice, and love; truly an enjoyable read.

The interaction between characters was beautiful and genuine, the dialogue witty and well characterized and the cohesiveness of the story wonderful. Having finished the whole, I find it quite surprising that this story hasn't gained thrice as many reviews than that which it currently has. Truly a unique retelling with all the power of the original.

The only problems I found were that lack of indication of breaks between time skips made certain parts of the story a bit difficult to understand and involved some measure of re-reading to ascertain that the section did not belong to the previous. Lack of descriptiveness also was noted, though not particularly problematic, there remains however a feeling as though something more substantial might have been needed in some sections while other things were subjects of curiosity; this was rather allayed by the fact that this is a fanfiction and the characters are all familiar, but does not exempt it from the rule.
Hotaru Himura chapter 39 . 10/17/2010
my fav story ever! everything about this story was just amazing :D best work ever
Mangagirly9419 chapter 40 . 3/28/2010
Haha that last little fact is extremely amusing lol anyhoo! Great story I love it u r amazing! Haha _ now I know I must look into more of your work :)
Kahlan A23 chapter 40 . 2/20/2010
This was an absolutely enthralling story! I have spent many days and nights completely absorbed in the world this story has created. I thank you so much for bringing this story to life! I have greatly enjoyed this story and can't wait to read more from you. I absolutely love your writing style and the intricate story that you have told. Thank you!
Sele de la Luna chapter 39 . 2/14/2010
Oh My! I love this fic with all my heart!

It was amazing, i loved the ending, so sweet. It was perfect!

I loved the way you portrayed the characters...

You have to write more stories like that! Please, i love how you write!

Kisses!
SRAS9 chapter 39 . 1/3/2010
This was one of the best stories I have ever read! I loved it! Awesome work!
Jon chapter 19 . 8/29/2009
Just an odd note, Pocky wasn't invented until 1966. Don't know if anybody has told you that yet.
the dragon lady chapter 10 . 8/3/2009
Question for you, Kaoru states that she had never kissed a man before. She technically has, as she used herself to sway the general to follow her. Is her statement implying that she has never willingly and of her own choosing kissed a guy?
Mens Mentis chapter 39 . 4/3/2009
... This has been a gift from God. Absolutely, the best Rurouni Kenshin fanfic I have ever laid my eyes upon. I'm not worthy! *sobs* This had me spazzing through the entire thing. I couldn't get enough of it. I was like Robin Williams on speed. I laughed, I cried, I twitched constantly, I shouted at the monitor, and I sat anxiously on the edge of my chair. Best. Ever. EVER. WHY THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE A PATHETIC AMOUNT OF REVIEWS? GAWD. D R&R PEEPZ!11!one!1!

- Kootonii.